[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Need cash fast. Around 200~

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 1474675235546.png (329KB, 414x479px) Image search: [Google]
1474675235546.png
329KB, 414x479px
One of my debit cards racked up a bunch of surcharges when it went into -20 and it's now sitting pretty at -138. Gas is low, I have rent due next week, and to top it all off I'm unemployed and been so for the past 4 weeks and been scraping by off my last paycheck. I now have 25 bucks to my name.

What's the best way for me to get my financial situation in check? I'm a freshman in college staying at my step-dads house. I applied to every place I could think of but no one has called me back, and have no skills/experience and can only work limited hours every week.

I need a sure fire way for me to make a decent amount of money fast and I'm pretty much at a lost here. My debts are piling up and kinda overwhelming me, so I haven't been able to really sit down and figure it out.
>>
Ask your step-dad for help. Be honest and tell him you don't know what to do.

Also, never just wait for a call back. Go in and ask the employees when the manager or boss will be in. When you see the manager or boss, ask them when a good time to possibly talk to them might be, if they offer to right then, then make your intentions clear right away that you are a broke college kid in need of a job.
>>
>>17645609
Asking step-dad is last option currently, personal issues, though I may call some family members and ask for a loan to pay my initial bill.

I got my last job turning in applications, manager sat me down and hired me right there, so I know I can get lucky hopefully. It's just that every time I asked they always told me to go online and didn't even give me a physical application. Should I really tell them I'm a broke college kid? I don't wanna come across as desperate (even though I totally am) and not get hired.
>>
>>17645609
>never just wait for a call back
don't listen to this anon.

companies these days have blacklists for applicants that don't know how to follow instructions.

companies that want to hire you, WILL CONTACT YOU. hassling them in their office or over the phone is only going to make your position worse.

this bullshit "go-getter" attitude used to work, maybe 15 - 30 years ago. this no longer applies.
>>
>>17645594
Search for jobs, but in the meantime, do Uber
>>
>>17645646
That goes for big companies, not small Walmart or fast food jobs. You have to stick out from the thirty or so other people that turn in applications as well, and no, you don't'hassle' them. You be polite, you ask them when a good time for THEM is because they are the ones currently busy and you are not (unless you have school, which is perfectly fine to let them know up front), and overall just be polite. But most times when you simply turn into application, it looks just like all the other applications with nothing special to stick out from the crowd.

Hell, even if you just introduce yourself to the manager and let them know you turned in an app, then tell them thank you and have a good day, they then at least have a face to go with the paperwork.

And the fact that you're saying don't listen to this anon' let's me know you just want to be right and don't actually care if any thought went into the advice you're giving.
>>
>>17645594
Ask daddy
Go to the bank and ask them for a CC
Get some kneepads and suck dicks
>>
>>17645594
>in college
>living at parent's house
>no work experience
what the hell is wrong with my generation?
>>
>>17645639
you tell them the truth here but you need to come off as willing and able. you want to improve your financial situations and gain experience on your resume so you can continue working that industry in the future. let them know your situations but don't get specific. if you can speak well and not all awkward or weird, and don't seem flaky then they will hire you.
>>
>>17645734
I'm only 19 and my Dad went batshit insane and spent me and my sister's college fund if that justifies it a bit. I couldn't go to a real college right now even if I really wanted to, and I'd rather pay 150 a month and help my Step-dad around the house until I get my associates.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.