[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Quitting a shit job

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: img-job-restaurant-1.jpg (13KB, 279x204px) Image search: [Google]
img-job-restaurant-1.jpg
13KB, 279x204px
I got my first fast food job at a busy McDonald's and it sucks. After working 7 business days, I already gave a heads up to my store manager that I "can't" (i.e don't want to) work weekends anymore and missed today (after letting her know) for a pre-employment drug test for a Rite Aid job. I told her I was getting hired in my academic field, which isn't true. My new job gives me weekends, less hours, not as busy and pays higher.

I've never quit a job so I feel kinda guilty for leaving so soon. I hear there's a high turnover rate for McDonald's anyway. The past few days I saw new hires and applicants so I don't feel too bad.

How should I approach quitting? Should I still be polite and offer my 2 weeks even though I already have conditional employment somewhere else and don't want to be there? Should I be honest about why I'm quitting?

Note: I won't be returning to a McDonald's any time soon so assume getting on their "Do Not Hire" list isn't an issue if they have one. I won't be able to list them as experience or reference due how little I was there but not like I'd want to anyway.
>>
>>17645493
if its an "at will" job where they can fire you for any reason without notice then no you don't have to give them two weeks notice. Realistically you don't actually have to do that anywhere, its just polite to do so, and will piss them off if you don't which is kind of important if you want to remain on good terms with them.

But since this is just a shit low end fast food job I'd say the proper etiquette would be to either tell them at the start of your shift that this will be your last day you're working for them (you don't even need to come up with some shitty excuse like you did about getting work in your academic field) or if you really can't do it anymore just call them up and say you quit. It'll suck for them since they'll be shorthanded for the day but who cares, your manager can work the register.

You don't owe them anything.
>>
>asking about real world problems in a board full neets who bitch on the daily at every hour about MUH GF/BF PLEASE HALP!!
>>
>>17645550
fuck off
>>
>>17645543
The thought of working another day at that shitty, understaffed-when-busy-overstaffed-when-slow store tires me already. I mean I still need to go into the store one more time to pick up the check since they don't mail them out. I'm at a crossroad where I say I don't want to burn any bridges but again, I don't have much reason to step into a McDonald's except to save face (and get my pay) but don't I see myself working there again.
>>
>>17645627
wtf do you want me to say to you, you're well within your rights to call them up and say you quit, its kind of a dick move but you would not be the first to do it there and you certainly will not be the last

or don't
>>
>>17645627
Only time you put in two weeks notice is so that you can use the manager as a reference later and when you are using the job on your resume.

Considering its probable you will get the job at rite aid you can just stop going.

I've worked at a call center. This kind of thing happened all the time.
>>
>>17645656
I actually didn't know that. I was always under the impression that you gave two weeks because that's the "standard" in the workforce. I didn't know you did that for reference and experience purposes. Always learn something new I guess. I would argue that it's more likely (but I don't want to ruin it) I'll get the Rite Aid gig since the manager did say he was glad to interview and offer me the opportunity but that's beside the point.

>>17645651
No need to be that way, damn. I'm just saying the thought of working another shift is tiring as fuck. Sorry if I'm undecided as what to do but I have a better understanding of what I SHOULD do. Either way thanks for the advice if that was you who replied earlier.
>>
Givr them notice. If you just bail, how are you going to reference them in future jobs?
>>
>>17645757
he's only worked there for one fucking week, why would he reference them at all?
>>
>>17645757
I've only been there 7 days senpai. I take you didn't bother to read the thread or my OP.
>>
>>17645807
You are correct
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.