[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /adv/ think about the idea of a soulmate? Are people

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

What does /adv/ think about the idea of a soulmate? Are people destined to find someone eventually or is it normal for someone to die alone?
>>
>>17645348
Even if there were that "one true love/perfect match" for everyone, its statistically improbable that you'll ever meet them.

More likely, there are multiple people in the world, possibly thousands, who are highly compatible with you and will have a functioning relationship and bond with you. There's no such thing as perfection, there is only compromise and balances. That doesn't have to be a bad thing though. Life is full of compromise.

Is it normal for someone to die alone? Define normal. Statistically, most people will not by choice at least. Most people find someone, and in this day and age multiple people to spend their lives with. Very rarely do people never have a mutual love (even if this love never actually leads to marriage).

However normality in the social sense is subjective. I for one don't see anything abnormal with someone choosing to be alone their whole lives, so long as this is what makes them happy. A lot of people would disagree though.
What I would find abnormal, is a person who craves and desires to find companionship but never does, because to me this lies more on their unwillingness than anyone else's. As I said, there are thousands of people who will be compatible, those who actively choose to stay single, while complaining about being single, baffle me because you can always settle for someone. Chances are, they are set on this idea of perfection, and do not think they should have to compromise on anything. But again, this is their choice and they must accept the consequences of their choices.
>>
>>17645348
Well, those are some pretty shallow questions that can evoke some pretty profound answers.

I personally like to think there's such a thing as a "reverse soul mate". That is, any two people on the face of the earth can form a lasting, personal bond, provided that the circumstances are just right. It may be a million to one chance that it would ever work out between to people, but if both partners are willing and accepting, I don't see why it couldn't be possible.

Will everyone have someone? No.
Will someone come along eventually? Maybe.

But, don't get the two concepts confused! Everyone dies alone in one way or another.
>>
>>17645348
>What does /adv/ think about the idea of a soulmate?
No such thing.

>Are people destined to find someone eventually or is it normal for someone to die alone?
Neither. Although there is o such thing as a perfect match for anyone, there are many thousands of excellent matches. The process of finding one and cultivatig a relationship is error-prone, and can be time-consuming or even discouraging, but the only difficult part is fighting past the fear and putting yourself out there.
>>
>>17645348
There is no destiny. There is only choice and circumstances.

So no, I don't believe in soulmates. Given different circumstances you could end up with any number of different people.
>>
Soulmates are a real thing, but they are only for "advanced" souls.
For most people, its not a real thing, but there is still hope to find someone that is really good for your life.
As far as "statistically improbable you could meet your soulmate" that doesn't really apply, because in the case of advanced souls, you sort of are attracted to each other like magnetism and its destined your paths will cross at some point, hopefully your mind is open at that moment and the connection happens.
>>
There is no such thing as a soul mate you're destined to be with afaik, but definitely there are people out there who make you feel that way
>>
No one is destined with anyone, but I do believe some people fit together so well in every aspect that they could be called soul mates. But meeting one as such is pretty damn impossible, so only rare few get lucky.
>>
>>17646848
>Soulmates are a real thing, but they are only for "advanced" souls.

is this some new age shit? do you have any actual evidence for this or have you just heard new age people talk about it and you decided to believe in it because it sounds nice
>>
>>17645348
Soulmates do not really exist
There are a lot of pretty good matches, people you will click with naturally, and if circumstances are good and you share the same life plan and shit goes in the right way, maybe, you will spend your life with them.
But the idea that there's just one right person in the universe and you're destined to them is a bit silly.

Also this:
https://what-if.xkcd.com/9/
>>
Can you ever feel them from states away? Like a rope is connecting you two? Like you know what they are thinking and feeling at all times?
>>
File: 1474523887461.jpg (14KB, 238x192px) Image search: [Google]
1474523887461.jpg
14KB, 238x192px
>>17646848
>Soulmates are a real thing, but they are only for "advanced" souls.
Advanced as in "no soulmates for robots"? What do you mean by "advanced"?
>>
File: 1388028198870.jpg (23KB, 294x324px) Image search: [Google]
1388028198870.jpg
23KB, 294x324px
>>17645348

>Are people destined to find someone eventually or is it normal for someone to die alone?

Neither statement is accurate. Some people find someone some people don't. There is no cosmic intervention. Its all just chance.
>>
No, soulmates don't exist. No one is perfect, everyone has faults and all relationships go through ups and downs (even the ones that do last a lifetime).
Most really long term relationships (15+ years) continue mostly because of convenience and habit. If you're lucky, you'll be good friends, but don't expect romantic love to last forever.
>>
>>17647012
This.

There isn't a single person out there who is "the one." They may be the best for you at the time, and you may spend your entire life with them, but they are not the only person you could ever love intensely. This is evidenced in widowers who remarry and find true happiness again. Some people choose to remain single after losing someone who they loved the most. A lot of people move on. Point is, any human being could be someone you truly love. It just depends on how compatible you are.
>>
>>17646884
I'm not really sure if its "new age" or not, I'm not entirely sure what that even means. I'm just going by some of my own experience and that of a few people I've talked to who had similar experiences.

>>17646906 I believe so, yes. For me I sometimes connect with them in a dream, though I dont know where they are or if they are alive or not.
>>17647005
Its really difficult to explain without sounding totally crazy. The term isn't meant to be condescending or anything, there is nothing wrong with anyone who doesn't believe it/experience it, we're all on the same journey. I could try and elaborate though, but again, I don't have all the answers
>>
>>17647078
>I could try and elaborate though, but again, I don't have all the answers
Please do, I'm curious. Do you mean it as some sort of enlightenment? I don't think anyone here cares about how crazy it sounds.
>>
>>17647116
Yes sort of. Its kind of like the movie groundhog day, where he keeps living the same day over and over until he does things right.
I don't believe in reincarnation exactly... but some people who follow this philosophy do.
It's sort of like a path where you advance (i don't mean being better than anyone else, just like growing i guess?)
I believe that the human essence is a pure energy consciousness and in one way or another transcends time. This is why sometimes someone feels really strongly connected to old black and white movies or something (just a bad example there).
Some people don't put huge regard into things like being rich, or bragging about how cool they are, but instead like to learn from others and help people. These can (but don't have to be) signs of advancement, along with things like not caring what people think of you, being ok with being by yourself, not being afraid of things, disagreeing with religions or murder (but i wouldn't call myself atheist by any means).

Perhaps you've tried to do something completely "new" to you before, and were just "good at it already". or a Deja vu situation.
>>
>>17647146
This sounds a lot like Buddhism. How exactly do soulmates fit into this?
>>
>>17647223
Yeah i suppose it does in a way. I don't think stepping on a bug is wrong though, haha.

For myself, I feel like each persons mind/mental energy is kind of like a radio transmitter and receiver. I sort of think (i'm putting this in really TLDR terms, sorry for that) that its kind of like, you learn how to "tune your frequency" better with time, and as such, when you advance, you are more accurately tuned to send and receive thoughts, thusly you are more likely to recognize or get connected with the "soul mate".
>>
I didn't believe in soulmates until met someone that in all honestly altered me as a person in the most bizarre way, and just felt in complete peace in their presence; almost as if I knew them in another life. Its so difficult to explain but we shared a connection Ive had yet to replicate with anyone else. We shared the same humor and passion for the most specific of topics, as well as similar backgrounds. As most relationships, we eventually came to an end. I still love him, not in the sense of being hung up, but in the unconditional way. I believe we all have a soulmate, just we likely won't end up with them. Or meet them.
>>
>>17645348

souls are largely a religious idea. and little to no ancient religions believe in the idea of soul mates. god didn't make man in order to find woman. he did not in any way shape or form talk about how we are meant to find the right girl.

man could love his wife, but it was more like how you love a sibling, in the sense that you had no real choice and were just kinda stuck with who you got. man had a little choice in his wife, woman had virtually no choice in her husband.

what god(s) care about is your obedience to him, and to his laws, not whether or not you find true love.

so no. i believe in chemistry and compatibility.

it is normal to die alone. it happens all the time. even when you're in a lreationship, it doesn't matter. no one dies thinking 'thank god i wasn't single at the moment, that would have somehow made it worse'.

you shouldn't die without having experienced love, sure. but to say you cant be single when death comes is arbitrary and silly. your most fulfilling relationship will likely not be your last.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.