[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

going nowhere doing nothing and getting kinda worried

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1475541636311.gif (36KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1475541636311.gif
36KB, 720x720px
I'll try to be concise about this. I'm 21, currently a neet, have worked one shitty job before, suffering from (mild, i guess) social anxiety, and a massive fear of commitment to almost anything. Matter of fact, I quit that one job due to feeling like I was doing nothing I wanted to do with myself (pay was good and environment was ok, little bit of inner turmoil in the workplace but that never really deterred me).

Ever since high school I have never felt a compelling urge to do anything with myself, despite a slew of small stints with things like coding, 3d modelling, making music, etc. Nothing sticks and it's come to a point where I'm scared to get into something and find myself again feeling like this isn't what I want to do, and I must try something else right away. I'm under some pressure to find a job but I can ignore it for a little while longer possibly. The one thing in life that seems appealing to me is seriously getting into competitive gaming, since i've been playing fps games for a very long time now and feel like I have it in me, but I constantly feel under scrutiny from my family and this hinders most attempts at improving/getting anywhere with gaming really.

I feel like I am essentially at a point where I go all in for my dreams or end up probably not doing anything noteworthy with myself for years and regretting it. How do I deal with this constant fear of committing myself to something, so I can start to go somewhere in life?
>>
You just have to.

Might sound cliche but really, the best way to motivate yourself to 'do something' would be to join a community. Or at least tag along with a few friends. Of course, said activity or goal should be relevant to your interests(you mentioned coding, that's a lucrative career and your family will be pleased).
>>
>>17643296
I've been a part of a small gaming community I made with some friends I met online for about 6 years. Also have a good amount of irl friends. For a long actually time I wrestled with the thought of who I should care about more, cause my irl friends do a lot of nothing but were driving me to get into music. Ultimately they made much more progress than me because I never got into it like they did. As for my gaming community, I feel like I've neglected them a lot for people that gave me nothing, except for irl company. Kind of feel like a stranger to my online buds now desu, but I'm getting over it.
>>
Quit being such a pussy.
>>
>>17643349
i'm trying, pray for me a little
>>
>>17643374
No, there's no point in playing the victim role. Grow a pair please.
>>
>>17643385
I mean if I can own up to being a little bitch in at least one way, am i still trying to be a victim? of what, my own mistakes? I know i've fucked up and wasted my own damn time, but this leaves me wondering where i start to pick up the pieces. Do i cut all my friends off first? start getting shit done and just ignore outside influences? I overthink myself into a mess, but I can admit I do. I have no problem with that. I've simply fucked up and need direction.
>>
>tfw you had direction, but then you tore your arm and lost it

Can't handle this desu bros. Gonna suicide.
>>
>>17643408
well now you're just gonna trigger me.

just kidding, I know. I've known this shit for years. I really don't even know where to begin with it. You dig yourself into a hole and then you start to wonder, not how you got here, but where the fuck the treasure chest is. In reality it's somewhere on the surface, but i've been too scared to check that one cave.

ps. rest in pineapples
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.