[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Crippling Anxiety At Work

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: Millennial.jpg (137KB, 1000x687px) Image search: [Google]
Millennial.jpg
137KB, 1000x687px
Life was basically on easy mode for me right up until I got to college and now I have a crippling anxiety-based aversion to work. I wasn't rich or anything, just smart enough that I could pay no attention during Calculus and still scrape a B, and my parents didn't push me to do any real work outside of school. I left my last job three months ago and now have no money. The fear of ending up on the street soon has caused me to contact a temp agency, but in the meantime I have no money. Besides selling blood, which I will do, does anyone have any advice as to how to survive the next month? Or how to get over this aversion to working? I'm twenty-six and have been able to support myself up until now, but my anxiety has gotten worse with time. I've seen three therapists and tried six prescriptions.
>>
>>17643207
>how to get over this aversion to working?

By working. The more you work the better it gets. You cant fix your aversion to working by sitting at home and not working.
>>
>>17643228
It's been eight years since I graduated and I've been working full time during that time. The defect is worse now. There has to be something more to this.
>>
>>17643246

hmmm.. well is your work social? Is it social anxiety? Try a career change with less interaction. I'm thinking about being a long haul truck driver. Me, my truck and the road. No stupid office gossip to worry about.
>>
Do You go outside and get exercise? I know that as soon as I start slacking on my exercise I become extremely anxious at work. Sometimes I'll feel so uncomfortable to the point where I twitch. But if I stay fit I am very easy going.
>>
>>17643258
Nope. I have friends I socialize with regularly, but I don't exercise. Good point.

>>17643256
The anxiety is usually in regards to just not doing my job well enough. If I work customer service, yeah, I'm afraid I'm not being personable enough. But if I work fast food I'm afraid of not working quickly enough, in telemarketing I'm afraid of not making enough sales, etc. And of course I always do at least meet the bare minimum requirements to stay employed, but I never do much better than that and the stress of knowing that I suck at my job makes me want to quit.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.