[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Odd jobs on Craigslist

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: Nigeria.jpg (33KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Nigeria.jpg
33KB, 500x500px
TLDR: Does this Craigslist odd job seem legitimate or is it a scam?

I've been trying to become a meme in China and I think I'm close to landing the job. In the meanwhile I'd like to earn extra money without being committed to a set job (since the time should be short and I don't know how much time I can commit to a minimum wage job). So I am going to try to odd jobs from Craigslist. I am not really sure what is legitimate and what is a scam. I've responded to ads for helping people move, here is one very detailed response I got. Does this look legitimate?

"Hello,

Thanks for your timely response. I have a house that i want to clean up asap because i will be moving from Puerto Rico. The house is a two bedroom unfurnished apartment. My Financier in the states will be responsible for handling the payment. I will like you to know that you will be responsible for general cleaning of hallways (dusting, vacuuming and mopping), doors, windows, pick up trash in common areas, sweeping and changing light bulbs etc. Must be able to climb a ladder and lift up to 25 lbs. I'll proceed in issuing a Check out to you and when you received the check and cashed, you can start cleaning immediately. The payment will be overnight to you and i will send you the USPS tracking number to check the estimated delivery time and I will be paying you $400 per week.

Meanwhile, i will be needing your trust and favor, i have made arrangements with a mover who will manage me a low price shipping on my furniture and other consignments prior to my arrival, therefore i will be sending you a check of ($1620), so you will take out $400 and send the rest $1170 to the movers via MoneyGram which i will be giving you the mover's name and address when you get the check. So get back to me with below details asap, so that i can put the check in the mail.

CONT...
>>
>>17643069
>>17643069

First name...................
Last name....................
Address Line 1...............
City.........................
State...........................
Zip/Postal code..............
Age.............................
Home phone...................
Cell phone......................
Occupation....................

And as soon as this is provided, the payment will be overnight to you and i will let you know when its mailed out. The keys of the house and the address is already with the painter and he will update you as soon as the funds are sent to movers strongly believe you will enjoy working with me..

Thanks"

What should I look out for? Money gram legitimate? They're the ones that's taking the risk by sending me a check and letting me cash it first no? Could I be implicated in anything illegal?
>>
>>17643069
Are you a total fool? This is a small-potatoes version of the Nigerial General letter.

Here's what happens. He sends you a check for $1170. You send him a check for $720. His check bounces. Yours is cashed immediately. Suddenly you can't contact him or the 'movers' as he rides off into the sunset with your $720.
>>
>>17643191
Oh, and the house doesn't exist.
>>
>>17643191
>>17643194
ding ding ding. I can't believe people are still confused about this.

This is the #1 scam on the internet, and it's everywhere. I need to start getting in on this or something because it's like every fucking week I see some retard asking about it.

Pro tip, act shady like you've cashed the check, and you're not going to give him his cut. They usually get irrationally irate, and it's pretty funny.
>>
>>17643069
How on earth can you not see that this is a scam?
>>
Well the reason that I thought it might not be a scam because they seem to imply that I'll have time to get the check cleared.
>>
>>17643191
Also joke's on him, I don't have even $720
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.