[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The past year my life has gone down hill badly. I'm 25 jobless

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1607.gif (25KB, 355x200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1607.gif
25KB, 355x200px
The past year my life has gone down hill badly. I'm 25 jobless and have had to move back home with my Aunt because I lost my last job due to a DUI.

My girlfriend of two years has told me she wants a break after I got drunk and said some pretty stupid shit. She said this 2 weeks ago. She has made no attempt to contact me and when I contact her she replies with one word replies. Tonight I've discovered she has blocked me on face book and Instagram I tried calling her and it didn't even make a dial tone but when I private called her it rang through so I'm guessing she has also blocked my number.

I know I've got to give up alcohol it's the root cause of every single thing going wrong in my life. I have no control over how much I drink and one beer always turns into the whole box. One glass of wine turns into every last drop of alcohol in the house.

Today is the first time I have not had a drink, I feel awful I have bad anxiety the shakes and my head is going a million miles a second. Problem is I don't know if this is from what I know is now a break up and not a "break" or am I having alcohol withdrawals.

How the fuck am I meant to do this? I just want to be normal I want to be able to just have a few beers with mates or a glass of wine with dinner but is this ever possible as an alcoholic? Is anyone going through the same thing how do you cope I know I won't be sleeping and now I have the sweats. My Aunt doesn't know the full extent of the situation and I'd rather her not know. Is there any medications and if it gets to the point I need rehab how do you access that in Australia. Sorry for long rant I am just so fucking anxious scared and depressed. I feel this will be never ending.
>>
>>17642904
I should add I've been drinking for 10 years. Heavily for 5.
>>
>>17642904
You are pathetic.
>>
>>17642907
Why? Because I'm asking for advice on an advice board.
>>
>>17642904
go to the doctor man to help with the alcoholism just be real with them and tell them whats going. You really have to be careful with alcohol because if you're a hardcore alco going cold turkey can really fuck you up, so please go see a doctor. About your girlfriend, it sucks man but bitches they come they go.
>>
OP you should see a psychiatrist, he will help you with your withdrawal symptoms.
>>
>>17642922
I don't even have a doctor but I guess I can try and find a decent one. Yeh bitches come and go but fuck I'm full of regrets. Was planning on proposing this Christmas.. fuck Christmas will be hell this year.
>>
>>17642936
Hey uh... I just want to apologize for calling you pathetic. I'm just really angry for no reason and decided to take it out on someone I don't even know. To be honest, I don't really have much advice for you, but I wish you the very best.
>>
>>17642930
I rang around today and they cost so much money. Money that I don't have my Aunts not in a position to help out. Is there any free services in Aus? I have looked but found nothing.
>>
>>17642939
It's all good man. I've felt a lot of anger these past years and taken it out on people for no reason. I hope it all works out for you to man.
>>
>>17642941
I don't mean to pry, but what happened to your parents?
>>
>>17642947
My dads a huge alcoholic was abusive to my mum not so much me just absent really. She left him when I was 12 after he broke a chair over her head. Haven't spoken to him since an uncle has told me he lives in filth and has alcoholic hepatitis. My mum is amazing she lives in china and teaches English. She has so for about 4 years she has no idea about my real life it would kill her considering my fathers demise. She thinks I got laid off. She thinks I'm still with ex and all is ok.
>>
You should take Oxazepam 15 mg 4 times a day and then after a couple of weeks start to reduce the dosage, half a pill less every day

Maybe your family doctor can help you as well
>>
>>17642958
Does this help with the cravings or just the withdrawals? Would I have to straight out tell the doctor I'm an alcoholic and ask for this drug or could I use another excuse?
>>
>>17642965

It helps with both. Diazepam (Valium) also can do the trick. Anyway you should always tell the truth to your doctor, how can he help you otherwise

You should see your doctor today buddy, what you're doing is quite dangerous
>>
>>17642977
Thanks man. I think it's time to own up and grow up.
>>
>>17642904
hey man i was in a really similar spot a year or two ago. i quit drinking last october and im coming right up to a year now.

like the others said go to a doctor if you can. i went and they gave me a prescription for anxiety meds called lorazepam which helped. the hardest part of quitting was the anxiety attacks that lasted for months afterward.

i never went to aa cause it sounded like it wouldnt be helpful, but theres always that too. if you put your mind to it and really decide to stop, you can stop you just have to want to.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.