[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Statementss for Americans

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: scotland.jpg (19KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
scotland.jpg
19KB, 300x168px
Just wanted to clarify something. I'm Scottish to let you know.

I'm not sure if its what its taught in school but the whole of UK inst called England it is so frustrating hearing Scotland being called England in films and such.
>>
in no way is this to cause an argument with americans i would just like to know some views on it.
>>
>>17641819
Doesn't matter if it is taught in school or not, a good amount of people probably would mix them up all the same.

Would it bother you if we called you british?
>>
>>17641819
Don't watch American films then.
>>
We don't talk about it.
>>
Given how inexplicably complicated the relationship is, I think you ought to forgive people for making slight mistakes. It's quite common to hear the terms 'United Kingdom' and 'Great Britain' used as synonyms when they're not. Also, I believe the Oxford History of England is actually about the United Kingdom.

In short, people will call it the UK, England, Britain, Great Britain. I too get a little annoyed at the implication that I am from London and not elsewhere in the UK, but people don't really have enough time to study exactly where you're from and the specific and correct names for those places.

Imagine how you would feel in Barcelona with people arriving there and going "Wow, Spain is really good, you must really love being Spanish" or perhaps the Balkans with it multiple ethnicities spanning different countries which can ultimately leave people having a Romanian passport but actually being Hungarian.

And I'm fairly sure that it probably annoys all Americans that you don't say "Wow, you're from the United States of America!"

You have it rather easy fellow, so just get on with your life.
>>
>>17641819
Scotland is pretty separate from England in my own mind (American here) but I'm from the north and am a history major...perhaps I'm not the person you're complaining about but the British Isles frankly were very much so controlled by the English in London so mistakes happen...sorry chap
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.