[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Start adderall?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: adderall-fb.jpg (391KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
adderall-fb.jpg
391KB, 1200x800px
Should I go on adderall?

I'm a month into grad school, and I can't fucking concentrate long enough to get through the readings, which are really dry. I sit down to read and before I know it 3 hours have gone by of stupid shit like watching youtube, reading news, researching random things, etc.

I am about as ADD as a person can be, but I stopped taking meds for it because by middle school the drugs were making me depressed - I couldn't feel happy, sad, or much of anything, plus the meds made me really sick, so I stopped taking them.

I remember my senior year a friend of mine gave me one of his girlfriend's adderall pills because we were about to take a final, and the pill didn't have any of those side effects. It did make me kind of bitchy and nit-picky, but that was about it, and I noticed a big difference in concentration.

I'm generally pretty clean-living, though, and I like to be because it gives me complete security in knowing I'm on the right path. In other words, I trust myself with a clean mind. For this reason I maybe have 1 or 2 drinks a week, and very rarely smoke weed, and never do anything else. Adderall is basically speed, so I don't want it to undermine my clean living attitude.

What do?
>>
>>17641543
Drugs like that are a short-term solution to a long term problem. Learn better studying techniques, use the pomodoro technique, reward yourself for studying after a while. Disciplining yourself will go much further than using a cop-out like a drug to try and solve your problems.
>>
File: 1474317863075.jpg (80KB, 720x556px) Image search: [Google]
1474317863075.jpg
80KB, 720x556px
>>17641832
I agree that learning different learning techniques and self discipline are a huge asset to those who practice them, but ADHD is a legitimate mental disorder.

Medication such as Adderall, when dosed properly as prescribed by a doctor, really do help people with ADHD.

If someone without ADHD takes Adderall, it makes them feel like they have a laser focus, almost superhuman, and some get "buzzed" or "high" off of it. But when those who actually have ADHD take it, it doesn't have those effects, it just brings them up to a level playing field with the others. It helps them think and focus "normally".

OP, I've noticed that a lot of people diagnosed and medicated for ADHD at a young age have a rough time with it because the medications inhibit your ability to, well, "be a kid". But out of the group of people diagnosed and medicated for the first time later on in life, it's almost like someone turned a light on in their head. It can be very helpful as an adult to be treated for the disorder if you indeed have it.

More or less, OP, what I'm trying to say is that you should have a nice long chat with your doctor about it and get a professional opinion. And if your doctor is one of those idiots who says "ADHD isn't a real thing", then you need to find another doctor.
>>
>>17641543
Adderall definitely works for its intended purpose. A couple of points on that though: its kind of expensive and you build a tolerance pretty quick. Also eating becomes a bitch
>>
try taking a different kind that isn't adderall. Im also ADD as fuck and in my experienceAdderall has hella negative side effects and a mean come down, so i switched to vyvanse and i like that much better... There's a bunch of different meds, talk to ya doctor, about switching to a different kind of med
>>
Can you get prescribed adderall through a general doctor or do you need to see a psychologist? Which would be better to go to?
>>
I have ADD also, and I've been prescribed Evekeo which is a new drug that works similar to Adderall and Vyvanse combined.

But I would like to point out when I do take the medicine, it does seem to spike my anxiety higher and therefore increase my potential to be distracted even more.

Kinda sucks mate...
>>
The creator of ADD/ADHD himself said the """""condition""""" was nothing more than a fabrication but by all means get onto perscription amphetamines if that your McDoctor © says.
>>
>>17641897
Thanks for your input - that does make sense, as to why the drugs might affect a child differently

>>17641979
ah, good to know, especially about the tolerance

>>17641987
>>17642543
I'll definitely have to look into my different options... I just need to find something that works, but doesn't make me nauseous

>>17641832
I think I am going to try the drug route, but it is a good point that I really need to think about behavioral solutions

>>17642545
you're a retard
>>
>>17642784
Hey I'm not the one taking prescription meth because of some "attention disorder"
>>
>>17642819
No, you're just the conspiracy theorist who believes all the stupid shit he reads online.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.