[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

fighting?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

I might have to fight some guy for my gf, he's bigger than me so im a little worried about that plus im not really too passionate about the subject matter to get angry enough to fight. I dont even know the full situation but all i know is that he's been saying stuff about my girlfriend to his girlfriend and mine is mad- is that enough to call for a physical confrontation? Do i have to? Will my girlfriend think im a pushover if i don't? or a brute if i do? I'll fight if i have to- i'd rather not though im mostly confused about the social norm.
>>
>>17641398
It isn't your fight. I love my girlfriend to death, but I'm not going to be mad for her and fight her battles. Don't be a tool.
>>
>>17641414
thanks man that makes alot of sense.
>>
>>17641414
that's stupid. if somebody mugged my GF i would absolutely be pissed off for her.

at the very least i would talk to this guy. what the fuck is your problem bruh? you got something to say to me or my gf say it to our faces.

if he wants to get physical then he can initiate. otherwise tell him to fuck off
>>
>>17641398
Gonna lose your gf if you dont. Both calls are wrong but in the end its about having her back. If you do she'll be mad, but a critical part of her while feel at ease knowing how much your care and that she can rely on you.
If you dont she'll still be mad because they made her mad and she wont feel like theres anyone on her side. She'll also think youre a pussy on a subconscious level and wont expect you to have her back later.
fighting causes immediate problems but has more benefits in the long run.
Not fighting avoids adding more problems immediately but plants roots for things that will later cause a break up down the road.
>>
>>17641434
Well we aren't talking about a mugging are we? We're just talking some Joe blow shit talker who knows a friend, wow yeah let's go beat his fucking skull. You wanna learn how to make fie-fie afterward?
>>
>>17641445
i was pointing out the flaw in "i'm not going to be mad for her and fight her battles".

i wasn't drawing a parallel between a mugging and some asshole talking shit.
>>
>>17641414
>>17641414
damn back to stage one. I agree with the not wanting to be a tool sentiment but the her needing someone to have her back is also pretty logical
>>
>>17641545
You're her boyfriend, you obviously have her back. Just don't be a fucking guard dog that rips and tears as soon as she starts getting mad. Let her approach him if she feels the need, definitely be there but why would you be the one to confront him?

Let's put it this way instead. If you confront him what do you think will happen? What kind of message does that send? What about if she approaches him and you're just idly next to her or something. Resolve is probably easier without violence in this situation. Dude may have not even been talking shit since it's all just a he-said-she-said situation.
>>
>>17641604
right right, I hear that.
>>
File: 1472008001457.gif (1MB, 300x167px) Image search: [Google]
1472008001457.gif
1MB, 300x167px
>>17641398

Fighting over "respect" is the dumbest human anomaly I've ever encountered. I can't tell you the amount of people I've seen hurt, imprisoned or generally fucked for life just because someone said something to disrespect them.

Seriously? Are we as a species so thin skinned that we're all running around smashing each other for saying bad things about each other? Its so pathetic, OP.

Its such a waste of time. It makes us no better than fucking gorillas trampling through the forest.
>>
>>17641648
thats what ive been saying! But it'sthe way the world works and if i don't agree with it or go along with it the majority will label me as weak.
>>
>>17641604
>You're her boyfriend, you obviously have her back.
That blatant lie lol. You dont trust someone with your back unless theyve proven themselves worthy.
>>
>>17641727

>if i don't agree with it or go along with it the majority will label me as weak.

Well thats the difference between being a boy and being a man isn't it? Having the courage to do the right thing even if some people won't agree with it. Even if it means swallowing your pride and using your head, not your fists.

Guess you have a choice to make, kid.
>>
>>17641747
I totally agree with that, however my girlfriend may be in that majority and only bad comes from a girl who thinks her man is weak.
>>
>>17641398
I've spent a lot of time fighting. I bounced for three years in college, I got depressed for five years in my late 20s and my self-injurious behavior was getting in fights in bars, and in the last few years I've taken to Muay Thai to get back into shape.

Don't get in this fight.

If you're fighting against the odds, your only real hopes are being better trained, more vicious, or lucky. Fights are dangerous, stupid, and always run the risk of someone getting hurt. People die from fistfights because of bad falls, retinas can get detached, brain damage can come from blows that didn't seem bad, and concussions can have effects measured in years. Whenever the weather changes I feel it in my right wrist and the first knuckles of my little and ring finger on my right hand. I remember when I hurt myself, it was a decade ago. I'll probably have arthritis for live over being drunk, sad, and not knowing what to do with myself besides pick a fight with some random guy who didn't deserve it.

Fighting over some guy saying shit, especially when you don't know him well enough to know if he's dangerous and are already giving up size, is stupid. If your girlfriend is bothered by that, you need a new girlfriend.
>>
>>17641763

>however my girlfriend may be in that majority and only bad comes from a girl who thinks her man is weak.

Then maybe you're dating an idiot. If you spend your life dating women who take the liberty of challenging other people to fights on your behalf because someone she knew knew someone who said something bad about her that makes you an idiot as well.
>>
>>17641398
if i was that guy i'd be talking shit about your gf because she deserved it. she would have had to offend me enough that she purposely offended me.

if i saw you come forward i'd make you look like an asshole.
>>
>>17641434
>that's stupid. if somebody mugged my GF i would absolutely be pissed off for her.
what if she was picking on someone because she thought they were upset at her for some reason, when really they were minding their business, and she was emotionally heated from other things to begin with? if that guy talked back, would you pick a fight with the guy?

>at the very least i would talk to this guy. what the fuck is your problem bruh? you got something to say to me or my gf say it to our faces.
it's all hearsay.

>if he wants to get physical then he can initiate. otherwise tell him to fuck off
provoking him to fight you because you believe your gf didn't deserve to be talked bad about when you don't know the full story to begin with? please.
>>
>>17641457
Not him but that's a shitty parallel. Anybody can use words to defend their reputation where typically a mugger will have a weapon, strength advantage or other muggers with them.
>>
>>17641398
what the fuck is he even saying about her and why and why does she even care? If he is talking to his gf what the fuck business is it of you or your gf what they talk about. My gf and I talk about other people all the fucking time, some good, some bad, some true and some false but so what. Something is missing here
>>
>>17641398
>fighting

Never fight, especially over a girl. It's not the iron ages anymore. Women are not property, and there is a surplus of women. You're clearly being set up by your gf to get pummeled. Find a new gf. It's easy.

Fighting can cause permanent injury and disfigurement. You can easily lose a tooth, and those don't come back, and require expensive implants to fix, and will never be the same. You can also get a concussion, which can lead to a stroke later in life.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.