[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My job is draining my sanity. I work almost every day and I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1475608266261.jpg (21KB, 720x622px) Image search: [Google]
1475608266261.jpg
21KB, 720x622px
My job is draining my sanity. I work almost every day and I'm constantly getting reprimanded for the most inane bullshit. I always have to pick up my coworkers' slack and I don't get thanked or even acknowledged for it. I have zero time to spend with friends and family and they always point it out. I don't even have time to work on getting my drivers license. How do I find a better job?
>>
Bosses and co-workers pick on people who they identify as pushovers.

Don't be a pushover and don't take the job too seriously. Not everything is your problem. If they fire you, you will feel relieved anyway.
>>
>>17640884

As a universal rule, you should quit your job unless at least one of the following is met

>You enjoy some aspect of your job in some capacity
>You feel indisposable enough to have leverage in some way
>You have involuntary dependents (children, etc)

If none of these things are true, quit your job. Regardless of what your job is an how much it pays
>>
>>17640920
What do you mean by your second point ?
>>
>>17640930

If you don't enjoy your job in any capacity and you don't need it out of absolute necessity, then your value to your company should exceed it's value to you to the point that they create conditions in which you are willing to work for them despite not enjoying your job and not needing it for dependents. If you're valuable enough to a company then you won't need to make demands because they'll just be proactive in providing

The dream job happens when all 3 of the things I said are true
>>
>>17640920
>You enjoy some aspect of your job in some capacity
I've made a lot of friends/connections but I don't think that's worth it any more.

>>17640920
>You feel indisposable enough to have leverage in some way
I kind of am which is why they schedule me so often but I don't want to take up the extra responsibility even if it means better pay. especially if they expect more of me.
>>
>>17641012
>don't want to take up extra resonsibility

Then don't. Tell your supervisor what shifts you are available to work. If he/she asks why you're unavailable tell them it's for personal reasons.

Half the battle in establishing self worth and professional value is not letting other people set limits for you
>>
>>17640960
I dont know how too thank you, thank you anon
>>
>>17641163

No need. Good luck friend
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.