[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm a girl, what should I smell like? What's a good scent?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

I'm a girl, what should I smell like? What's a good scent?
>>
>>17640609
Vanilla, fruity, or something appley or cinnamony
>>
>>17640609
Depends on the season, on what you like, on the natural scent of your skin.
I like flowery perfumes on myself, detest them on my mom.
Invest money on it (if you have the means). Buy something not completely mainstream and peculiar.
>>
>>17640609

Hey, another chick here. I am not a super connoisseur on perfumes, but my general advice is: follow your taste and make sure you really like the perfume.
Trying it out in stores: try it on your skin (each perfume smells a bit different on different skin, those paper testers are shit) and also wait for around 10 mins for the real smell to come through.
When I smell a perfume the moment I apply it they all smell quite alike. You gotta let it breathe.

So yeah, just go and try a few. I'm sure there are some everlasting ones you can try.

p.s. chanel no 5 is popular but i don't recommend it. for me it belongs in the group of perfumes I adore smelling but that give of the air of an old lady.

Hope this helped. Good luck choosing your perfume.
>>
I don't like fragrances on men or women. Just stay clean.
>>
>>17640653
Good fragrance is charming
>>
baby prostitute
>>
>>17640609
As a man I will tell you this: please try not to smell bad. Putting on fragrance or using scented hair care products are a + for females in my book. As long as you start smelling like sweat, etc then it's a turn off, just like when you're around smelly guys.

If you're going to apply fragrance please keep it to a minimum, you don't want other ppl around you to pass out.
>>
NOTHING OVERPOWERING

Girls always take it way way way too far with the cosmetics. Something extremely subtle can be nice, but 9/10 times i can smell a girl it is offputting.
>>
Very small amount of essential oils, if anything. The artificial concocted perfumes and shit just irritate my nostrils.
>>
>>17640615

this

most "real fragrances" are silly and irritating to the nose, and make me think of elderly women.

but one of my gfs used to occasionally put vanilla on her neck. that was absolutely fantastic. it is /comfy/ and not obnoxious smelling. I associate it with sweet things and goodness. definitely makes you want to move in and do some neck kissing
>>
Stijve arm
>>
>>17640609
breast sweat and pheromones
>>
I can't speak for all men obviously but perfume smells awful to me. Like disgusting chemical soap. Natural smell is best.
>>
>>17640609
Don't fall for the natural smell meme. Please. I can't stand it on campus, I'm begging you. I don't give a shit about PC, natural Indian smell perforates the senses in your nostrils and makes you gag on old curry. White girl smell makes you check around to see who left a bathroom towel out from the gym locker. Asian girl smell makes you cough up and wince as you recall the bad breath of your Vietnamese friend who just finished drinking his weird exotic juice. Black smell is like forgetting you had a pan of olive oil outside on the fryer and cracking an egg inside it for good measure. I don't know what Mexicans or arabs smell like.

That's enough of my rant, thanks for the vent opportunity. To answer your question, I think apples and cinnamon are my favorite. Heavy perfumes marketed as mature femininity are usually just overpowering and bad. I'd still prefer it over the natural shit.
>>
jasmine or lavender essential oil. Rub a few drops on your arms. Shit's cheap too.
>>
quality, subtle flowery perfume
important: QUALITY and SUBTLE- this does not mean cheap sickly shit you bought at target
>>
My boyfriend likes vanilla. So do lots of other guys apparently.

I'm going to sound super basic, but I usually just wear a Victoria Secrets body mist or a Bath and Body Works scented lotion
>>
Personally as another girl, I've noticed guys to really like the very light, barely there floral, or a light woodsy, spice scent. Idk, but go with the season. Don't smell like Mullspice in the summer, try to smell like fall (idk) but more feminine if you can
>>
>>17641967
>Mexicans
Old moldy cornflower tortillas.

>Arabs
Ironically like pork.

Source: I'm from Texas.
>>
I dont know, I get turned on when woman smell clean, like that just out of the shower clean.

Also, Just like guys, Girls also emit hormonal scents from down there, that can kill the turn on aspect at erm, times.
>>
Nina Ricci – Edt, the red apple bottle. It's subtle, but fresh, floral and sweet. However, I believe the best way to pick out your smell is to go by your personality and the smells you like. A shop clerk should be able to help you. But generally you can choose between citrus, floral, fruity, musk, fresh, sweet and work from there. What do you want to portray? Warm cotton by Clean is also a nice smell, not overpowering and just smell fresh, like a good laundry. It's quite mellow though, which may be good if you're not used to the attention a perfume can get you.

I have people comment on how good I smell on at least a monthly basis. I can be standing in line at the shops/café, enter a room or just walk someone passed and I hear "God, you smell good.". I've had a guy leaning over me in the coffee shop, smelling my neck – and while that was creepy, he explained himself like it was the most fantastic smell he has ever scented. I've had women come up to me and ask what perfume I wear and I've heard this in class: "Where is femanon? I can't see her, but I'm sure I'm smelling her!"
>>
First, be clean.
Second, don't mix 100 scents, aka use lotions and shit that are rather neutral.
Third, use perfume sparingly.
Use it directly on your skin, not your clothes. It has to mingle with the warmth of your body and the scent of your CLEAN skin.
Fourth, buy quality perfume. No rip-offs.
Fifth, don't buy something just because it's popular. Most of those smell like grandma.
Sixth, do as the other anon said, test them out. One at a time. Get a smsll bit on the inside of your wrist, go about your business and smell it again and again over the course of the day. If you still find yourself loving it in the evening, go buy that fucker!

Seventh, don't overuse it. Before putting on bodylotion, dab some on the places you have main arteries (most body heat) aka your wrists, your neck, the insides of your knees. Then spray into the air ONCE and walk into it. Put on unscented bodylotion to lock it down and you're done.

Now for personal favorites:
Since every guy is gushing about apples and i adore this one, get donna karans "be delicious" .

Jasmine is an alltime fav too. Try out this "cherutti 1881". The pale pink one pls... I use that one every day. It's powdery, fresh but also floral amd has a subtle base.

For something a bit more dramatic, for evenings, give "hugo boss, deep red" a try. Mandarines and vanilla, yum

Another fav of mine is "armani, code pour femme". Again, mandarine, orange blossoms and vanilla.

Classic, jean paul gautiere and also
"euphoria, calvin klein" with pomegranat and amber,

Damn i love perfumes...

Check out this site called perfumo, too.
You can type in a perfume you like, see the top, heart and basenotes and find similars to try.
>>
>>17642440
Seconding the nina ricci. I almost forgot! Brb buying perfume

Femanon, maybe go smell amor amor by cacharel. I used that at approx the same time as nina, maybe you like that one too!

And lolita lempicka, le premiere

Oooh, the memories... Yves saint laurant, cinéma. Hnggg
>>
>>17640609
>What's a good scent?
Not like BO and you're Gucci.
Less fragrance is more. Be subtle. Something people won't really notice unless you're within hugging distance.
>>
>>17642456
>Put on unscented bodylotion to lock it down
No, don't rub your perfume. You should put the neutral body lotion on before putting on the perfume.
Also Deep Red is too 'deep' in my opinion for someone just starting with perfumes. I like My Burberry by Burberry and Chance by Chanel.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.