[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just turned 21 today

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: 1463718224091.jpg (11KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1463718224091.jpg
11KB, 225x225px
What advice would you give to your 21 year old self if you could?
>>
"Start the Botulinum injections as soon as possible. It hurts but it helps make your migraine manageable. Also don't fuck Jenny again."
>>
I honestly don't know. I have most of the same problems still at 29.

Still struggle with women. Still not sure what to do for a living.
>>
I'd tell him to buy bitcoins. I could have been a millionaire.
>>
>>17640291
Don't move to that house on the east side, nothing but trouble. You'll get a big promotion soon, and wont have to worry about rent being a little bit higher.

PS you do get to fuck that married chick.
>>
>>17640301
Why not fuck her again?
This is the kind of knowledge I'm looking for, things to avoid and shit.
>>
>>17640319
Because she's an ex of mine and we're really not good for each other in every aspect that isn't purely sexual.
And, of course, with 21 I thought, fuck it, the sex is great so it's worth it. But it's not, she fucked me up, I fucked her up. Lots of time, and money down the drain. Stupid parties, way too much coke. Two years of my life pretty much wasted on each other, and I'm still not sure if I postponed the inevitable - her suicide - or helped cause it, and it's still eating at me every day.
>>
Work hard, save money, and party loudly.
Do karaoke, go rock climbing, go adventure somewhere near, and far. Strive at work. No matter what work, push and reach for the top. Look forward to the future, and glance at the highlights of your past.

Also fuck that married chick again.
>>
Accept that our universe is dying from heat death and that none of what we do really matters in the long run.

TL;DR: Depression sucks. Avoid it.
>>
>>17640332
Shit anon, thanks for sharing, I'm in a situation like that, in a relationship with a girl with self-esteem problems that ends up in fights every week but amazing sex. The parties are there but no coke and no interest in it.
Do you think things will improve?
>>
>>17640339
On it, anon.
>>
>>17640345
Well, for me, they did. Big wake up call obviously. Finished my studies, work a lot, goes nicely, no big excesses anymore. Health somewhat improved.
Still I wish I could have somehow done more for her. Bullshit guilt sentimental stuff but she's one of the few people I have ever really cared about.
>>
>>17640291
>What advice would you give to your 21 year old self if you could?

start having anal sex now in preparation for the concerted butt fucking that the world has in store for you
>>
>>17640335
How can you party hard and save money at the same time?
>>
>>17640301

Forrest is that you?
>>
>>17640548
Dohohoho.
>>
Not that much. I've found that most of the insights that come to you aren't about understanding the right combination of words, but understanding emotionally what exactly is meant with them and what it entails.

The only thing that made a really significant change for me, though I think I started to realize it around that age, is that oftentimes it is more useful to get to know yourself and work around that than to get angry with yourself for being a certain way or trying too hard to change into something you cannot (yet) achieve. A concrete example would be procrastination. I used to go batshit over wasting days doing nothing fun (because work to do!) yet not doing any work (because procrastinating!). Now I know when to just give up and have my fun because it's not going to happen anymore that day, or how to trick myself into being productive ("you're not actually going to -do- anything, only check the spelling now" - and as you read it you'll get in the right frame of mind and find some motivation), how to avoid distractions (for me it's studying at university instead of home, others need to print everything so they can hold it in their hands, or summarize everything so they are actively engaged with the material, or put a lock on their internet to limit distractions)... don't waste all your energy rebelling against yourself, just try to work with yourself and find your soft spots and loopholes.
>>
b urself, keep on working and it will all be fine buddy :)
>>
>>17640291
You're gonna feel awesome, kid. You'll finally for the first time in a long, long while feel like you have purpose and are on the right track.

That's gonna wear off really, really fast. You'll feel like shit because you invested too much of your heart into a beautiful fantasy, again, you'll feel insecure about your choices. The road you've taken is going to culminate in a severe depression in the next two years.

Do it, faggot. Jump in front of that train and end it on a high note while you haven't disappointed your family yet and had to give up on all your dreams. Fucking kill yourself now so your last thoughts can be happy ones.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.