[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When making eye contact, where do you look? The bridge of the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: eye.jpg (86KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
eye.jpg
86KB, 1280x720px
When making eye contact, where do you look? The bridge of the nose seems like a good place but it's very possible you'll just look like a cunt. Do you stick with one eye or switch between the two?
>>
this is a pretty good question, and I realized I tend to look at their left eye, don't know why
>>
>>17638395
I always look deep into their eyes. Feel weird but i prefer it.
>>
>>17638395

black of the eyes
>>
>>17638395
I like to look people right in the eye. It's never bothered me and it's what I naturally do.
>>
i look them in the eye, and i switch between eyes depending on who it is. if it's my boss, i will keep looking at just one eye. a steady gaze is good for professionalism.

but if it's a girl i like, honestly i switch eyes because what i really want to do is look at them and admire their face.
>>
>>17638685
forgot to mention it really doesn't matter which eye i look at if its my boss for example.. i think i tend to go for whichever one is closer to me? like if her head is tilted towards me at an angle, and her right eye is physically closer to me, thats the one i look at. rarely are we facing each other straight on, in which case i think i would just hold my gaze at whichever i naturally go towards first.
>>
>>17638395
>very possible you'll just look like a cunt
How so?
>>
>>17638395
I subconsciously look at the left eye first and then shift to the right. I pretty much start to alternate when I catch myself staring at one eye. Either way, it's much better than staring at someones lips and not looking once at their eyes. There is this guy at my work who NEVER makes eye contact and stares at my mouth when I speak. It is fucking weird and makes me feel even more self-conscious about my teeth (which are already fucked).
>>
>>17638699
looking at the mouth area, according to body language studies, is supposed to be an intimate thing to do. sounds creepy.
>>
I'm a flaming autist so I look at their shoulders/necks and the ground.
>>
>>17638395
Cheek and switch between eyes, onto the lips if I'm talking to some girl I like.
>>
i have a pretty intense gaze so i generally only make eye contact when the conversation requires it -- when making a point, showing recognition of somone else's. direct, unwavering eye contact in informal situations can come off as challenging, flirtatious, or creepy, depending on your personality. in a business environment it's more of a respect thing and generally pretty much universally encouraged in western societies.

it's interesting to note that these things are by no means universal -- many cultures across the world have many different interpretations of it. in the wild, eye contact is mostly a predator thing. if you look a prey animal in the eye it recognizes you more readily as a predator. after all, the vast majority of terrestrial, mammalian and reptilian predators have eye contact as a strong component of their hunting. even wiht a wolf's sense of smell it's still going to be looking directly at its prey as it closes in. this is incidentally why domestic cats tend to be extremely uncomfortable with direct eye contact.

i've always thought of eye contact between humans as a kind of recognition and trust between two predators. we are, after all, the dominant predators on this planet.
>>
>>17638800
Is it also true that showing your test is a sign of aggression in East Asia/SEA cultures? Which is why in formal pictures they rarely smile with their teeth showing. That's what I've always heard but not sure how true that is.
>>
>>17638720
It's only intimate if you're looking down at the lips for 3-5 seconds, and then back up at the eyes. You can build attraction by repeating, and increasing the amount of time you're looking at the lips, for each time.

Beware, only do this with people you actually want to kiss. It works like crazy, and is only creepy if you don't lean in (what usually happens is that the other person leans in) Whenever I do this, and spot the positive signs, I just tell her 'it's alright, you can kiss me if you want to.' It has never failed. (I'm 32 though, so building attraction with someone is nothing I'm sperging out over.)

To answer OP, I always look at the left eye, and only alternate if I sense that the other person is uncomfortable, which rarely happens. Assertiveness isn't something most people want to avoid.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.