[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Weird friend

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (92KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
92KB, 720x960px
How do I stop my close friend from being super edgy and what's wrong with him?

A little background: I met him at an "alternative" school senior year for people with issues like anxiety, depression, and high functioning autism all the way to Tourette's and anger management. I have some funny stories but anyways I met my close friend there and we quickly became friends. He was an oddity because he wore the same suit every day to school. Anyways as I get to know him he starts telling me that he's a sociopath and doesn't have feelings, and has never felt any romantic, sexual, or platonic closeness in his life. But he also has severe anxiety and a good relationship with his mother so actually being a sociopath seems out of the question. He's really edgy, like quotes Machiavelli and shit, and I can't get him to be invested in my or anyone else's friendship, and he thinks it's super cool to be a callous asshole. He burned all of his normal clothes because he wants everything to be "standard issue" and has some weird flight of fancy about being a dictator. He talks about human experimentation and how emotions just get in the way and is a very "cold hand of science type of guy. Once he told me how he thinks in the shower about how he'd torture people if he was forced to for some reason, and the order in which he would kill his friends if he was forced to at gunpoint. He talks about how he enjoys turning his emotions on and off and he can't get them to turn back on anymore. he's a huge asshole sometimes too from acting so apathetic

How do I stop him from emotionally castrating himself and convince him emotions are good? I feel like it's bad for him and I'd like to become close friends with him but he's so weird and apathetic that it seems impossible and it's starting to feel sort of cold and weird. He's always super chill cause of this, and seems too awkward socially to be a sociopath. I get the feeling that he wasn't *always* like this, but I could be wrong.
>>
>>17638029
sounds like a possible scitzo as well.
The only thing you can do and I mean ONLY thing is to convince him to go to a therapist and do the work, if he refuses than stop hanging around. That's all you can do.
>>
Yep sounds like a weirdo. Try to have an honest conversation with him, about what you just said. See what happens.

Why were you at an alternative school?
>>
>>17638034
>>17638034
I go to a therapy school where he has his own therapist who doesn't visit him anymore because the therapist thinks he's fine.
>>
>>17638035
I have before, I'm often trying to convince him that emotions are not evil and detrimental to the advancement of humanity or whatever.

Also, I failed public school because of
depression related issues
>>
>>17638042
Oh. Then whatever, fuck this kid, I don't know why you're so invested anyway
>>
>>17638046
Well, we have a lot of the same interests, he's super interesting to talk to, and he's the only person at my school who isn't outwardly obnoxious.

I just wish I knew what was wrong with him.
>>
>>17638036
sounds like you are a fixer,
you probably had an alcoholic mom or dad or had to take care of somebody when you were really young. not surprising you are in therapy school.
Talk to his therapist or find someone that you know is a better therapist at your school and tell them your concerns.
based on what you have said though it sounds like you don't want someone else to fix him, YOU want to fix him. I think this is also a real problem you should definately look in to before you consider what is really best for him.
>>
>>17638062
Well, I've always had a nice home life. No need for armchair psychology.

Honestly, I'd love it if a therapist at school could fix him. I'm going to ask mine about it tomorrow. The thing is the staff at my school is insanely incompetent when it comes to overlooking people who pass as not suicidal etc. So I'm trying to take it into my own hands. Not many of his friends seem to care about him, either.
>>
>>17638062
yeah it's a douche move to go all psyc 101 on you but, The fact that you find the staff incompetent and you have such a strong desire to push on your own makes me wonder. There should be plenty of people they can refer you to as well. no need to solve it yourself, you've got enough on your plate being in school as it is.
>>
Schizoid personality disorder?
>>
>>17638029
Sounds alot like me back in highschool, give him time, he will calm down with that stuff, I got bored of it once I realized how hard it was to achieve that sort of stuff,
>>
>>17638029
It's probably bad for his health both socially and mentally for him to be like that. If he wants to live happily he will have to think happily. Tell him somethin like that but don't be rude about it be comforting and have a trust between u guys when u say something. You don't nesasarily have to go right up to him at say that, you have to make sure he can be better so just try to shape him into a good person so maybe he can realize how he's thinking himself. Don't tell him there's something wrong with him just tell him how he can get better
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.