[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

giving up on love

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 1474804597621.jpg (39KB, 480x800px) Image search: [Google]
1474804597621.jpg
39KB, 480x800px
24 years old, fat, shy, 2 friends, never touched a girl. I make minimum wage and live with my mom. I used to drive but gave it up after several accidents.

Obviously no girl wants me right now.
My only real goal in life was always to be a dad. I want to be that family man playing frisbee with the kids and chaperoning school trips all that jazz.

I look at all the middle aged men I've ever met and everyone's miserable or divorced. Sure notallwomen treat their husbands like shit but the 10% that would be decent wives want someone who's 100 times the man I am.

Which is why I'm so depressed. I don't feel like I have time to catch up. With Herculean effort I might be good enough for the kind of partner I want when I'm 30 but by then women are approaching too old for kids anyway.

And don't say "lower your standards". That's how you end up with a cow that shits all over you and eventually steals the house and kids anyway.

I really think I just missed the boat and should give up even trying because it's too late.
>>
Besides even if my future self did have a great career and money and a sexy body, still no one would want me because I'd be a wizard so why try
>>
Too late? Dude you're 24. I'm 32. To be honest my life did not get good until I was 29.

Basically, I was more or less you, minus living with mom part. I decided shit is enough. Started running/bar training/gym and all that jazz. Basically any physical stain my body could take. Started eating like a normal human. A lot of really small portions per day. Healthy shit. Was disgusting, but made me feel good. had nothing to lose.

I did not see any results for almost a year while doing this. However, suddenly, a month after it started hitting. Lost 10 kilograms in 6 months, another 5 in the next 6. While this was happening, my mentality somehow changed. I didn't care that something I knew nothing about would be hard to learn. Started learning networking and unix based systems. Soon-after I because a Linux SysAdmin. Not a great job but pays way more than my previous one.

Started getting less antisocial. Gradually what people thought of me weighed on my mind less and less. To the point where I can talk to anyone and not be sweating bullets.

I am now happily living with a nice girl I met at work. She's pretty accepting and supportive. She is pretty skinny, not a luscious babe, but very cute nonetheless.

Dude, start doing shit. Anything.
>>
Okay, give up. This doesn't affect anyone but you. Why do we give a fuck?
>>
>>17637542
Dude 24 is so young. Plus at 30 you won't be the one popping out a child your significant other will be. Just get someone a little younger. Women like older men. Use your mentality to start now. The best things I've done in life were because it was my last chance to do them. Turn your life around now or accept being a loser for the rest of your life.
>>
>>17637701
>Women like older men
Uh, not if they're fat and doing fuck all with their life. The appeal of an older man is that he has his shit together.
>>
>>17637710
Hence why I said get your life together now so you'll be presentable by 30. It shouldn't even take that long to lose the weight. It's so worth it if you can find the drive somewhere within.
>>
>>17637542
Lose weight, start working out.
You seem like a person who gives up so easy.
Start driving again,just be more careful!
Take your life back.
Also you are so young. The best age to be a father is 30-35. And better with a younger gf ;)
>>
>>17637542
>several accidents
How? I have only been in one and that was me wrecking in a ditch because I was fucking tanked so I fell asleep.
>>
>>17637701
> Turn your life around now or accept being a loser for the rest of your life.
I can't even order food from a female waitress without stuttering and blushing how will I ever get the confidence and charisma all women demand

>>17637736
Really I have tried, in fact this time last year I was in an assistant manager position with my own apartment but I was so badly abused by my coworkers I quit on a whim and had to move back in with my mom. I'm hated everywhere I go.
>>
>>17637605
And she doesn't care about how much of a loser you used to be and missing out on normal coming of age experiences
>>
You're fine. You're young. Focus on your career and your health and the family will come. Don't force it.

Here's some progress pics from a guy going to the gym for only 1 year:

http://imgur.com/a/GdkKM

You got this.
>>
>>17638058
All that's changed is that his gut's disappeared. That's hardly /fit/spo

And you forget a year is a long time.
>>
>>17637775

>I can't even order food from a female waitress without stuttering and blushing how will I ever get the confidence and charisma all women demand

"I'm not confident and don't want to fix it, therefore I will be a martyr."

When you think and talk about yourself, use healthier and more realistic statements. Like, instead of this shit sentence, say something ACTUALLY HELPFUL for you like "At the moment, I find ordering food from a woman difficult, which makes getting a girlfriend seem impossible. But I can choose to work on this, as this is just how I'm feeling right now"

Also some shit like "the confidence and charisma all women demand" is fucked up for so many reasons. Firstly, you don't know shit about women and they're not all the same. This is literally not your own thought or idea, just too much internet. Secondly, if someone demands confidence and charisma from you, then fuck them. Don't give 'women' (though I mean it as 'other people') so much fucking power. Sure there are a few women out there that have ultra-high standards, but you can just like, not pay attention to them.

THINK about what you believe and fucking question it, especially about yourself. People always say shit like "I'll never be x, y, or z" because it's fucking easier than actually trying to be that.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.