[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to be less sexist toward men?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

I'm not a tumblr feminist or whatever all, but I'm becoming more and more sexist towards men, and I wish I wasn't. Mostly because the anger/disgust is sort of exhausting.
Most of my disgust comes from the way I perceive men to feel about sex. No standards, no self control, etc etc. Obviously those things aren't strictly true, but it's very easy to confirmation-bias on those ideas all day every day. There are "good men" in my view, of course, just almost none. Which again, is inaccurate. I know it's wrong. But I feel so disgusted by men 99% of the time.

It can be little things, like reading an article about sexless marriages, where the women talk about feelings of rejection, or feeling bad about their bodies, and then men talk like fucking horny cavemen. Maybe they aren't able to articulate the complexities well because of society not allowing them to practice expressing that way but shit. Gross. Or just watching friends' boyfriends interact with them, hell, even my boyfriend. Next to zero effort, pathetic urges, etc etc.

What the fuck is this?
>>
>>17636397
Maybe you place too much value on sex

It's not this special thing, literally any living thing with a genitalia does it

Rabbits don't have the brain capacity for love or complex emotions, but hey, they still fuck a lot with little regard for the value of the act itself, humans, women mostly, are the only people who have any sort of sentiment toward it, and even then, not many do, and that number shrinks every year

If you dont like sexual attention that's one thing, but to me it sounds like you just need to get over it

If this doesnt help, then fuck it, hate men all you want, literally not a one on this planet will care, there are literally billions of other women available for altercation
>>
I'm sorry, are you saying you hate men because they think sex is more important than you do?
>>
>>17636470
Essentially that is what OP is saying. Move along, everyone. Nothing to see here.
>>
>>17636455
>comparing animal to human
no

To respond to OP's question
>pathetic urges
>horny cavemen

OP, I have a question for you. What is the difference between making love and fucking?
>>
>>17636532
>Humans aren't animals

I think you might've skipped a few biology classes
>>
>>17636540
>thinking the complexity of human consciousness is comparable to those of animals
There is lots more variable in the equation for the same question friend. We may come from animals, but our complexity make it so that we could consider that we transcended the animal kingdom.
>>
>>17636564
That was literally the point, though. He was saying that even things as unintelligent as rabbits still fuck a lot. So it makes sense that humans, which are more advanced, would seek out the pleasure from sex as often as they reasonably can.
>>
File: 1425042098082.jpg (208KB, 923x633px) Image search: [Google]
1425042098082.jpg
208KB, 923x633px
This wise anon has all the answers you need.
>>
>>17636816
I fucking agree.
Even as an "awful plastic disposable shitty person" with a vagina attached.
>>
>>17636816
this desu. not even going to lie, if i couldent fuck my past parterns, i wouldent of been of friendly terms with them. i cant act the same way around women, they dont have the same humour, they would think im a weird cunt.
>>
>>17636835
Wow, you're really not like the other girls XD
>>
>>17636397
A good first step would be getting off this shit site.

It's not everybody by any means, but a lot of the men on here have serious issues with women, and a lot of stuff gets posted on here that's just outright poison. Seriously. It's not representative of how most men think, and it won't do you any good to read it.
>>
Men are more slaves of their sexuality than women are. The desire they experience is pure hell at times. The hypersexualized culture we live in makes it even worse. You should be compassionate. It's not easy having an automatically reloading crackpipe attached to your pelvis if you know what i mean.
>>
>>17636887
Oh, go away.

Men aren't slaves to their sexualities any more than women are. It's a bit like PMS mood swings -- they're minor for some women, severe for others, and crippling for almost nobody, though that doesn't stop some women from using them as an excuse for behaving badly. Ditto for men's libidos (and fortunately if you're blessed/cursed with an overactive one there's a couple simple exercises you can do with your hand).

You're right that men are under way more societal pressure to be sexually active than women are, though, which isn't something people ever really talk about.
>>
>>17636397
Stay a week in /adv/ and read all those fucking sad stories from guys that lost their gfs, because they were cucked or lied to. Not even one of these will complain about the missing sexual activities.
>>
>>17636876
I fucking am like the other girls. I am boring as fuck. I don't have a problem with it.
I agree with the core of the whole post - A lot of guys just want pussy, a lot of girls just want attentions. Interacting with the other gender when your favourite topics of conversations are videogames and sport statistics / make up and celebrity gossip is a fucking pain, and if we weren't moved by our hormones a lot of people would gladly avoid it.
But it's your fault as much as it's their fault.
>>
you are becoming a female neckbeard, congrats.
>>
>>17636909
I think you just have trust issues by complaning about guys that fuck around too much. You see those guys that want to get laid - that's normal even for girls - and fear that a men can't value you above the sex. Sex plays a big part in a successful relationship, but to think a guy that loves you would drop you ASAP, because the sex isn't good, that's paranoid.
>>
>Most of my disgust comes from the way I perceive men to feel about sex. No standards, no self control, etc etc.
Guess what, you're going to see a lot of that when people arent really interested in long term relationships, especially in their 20's. Women do it all the fucking time too, have you ever been told that "you're the kind of person they should end up with" but want to keep sleeping around? It's absolutely infuriating.

It would also be stupid to blame women in general for those individuals.

>It can be little things, like reading an article about sexless marriages, where the women talk about feelings of rejection, or feeling bad about their bodies, and then men talk like fucking horny cavemen.
Because sex is different for men and women. Women tend to view it through a more emotional lens, which is fine. But that doesn't mean the more physical perspective of men is gross.
>>
>>17636397
I mean it makes sense. I'm a straight guy and most other straight guys really annoy me. Mostly it's the guys who are like "SUP BRO" or talk about women in gross ways. It always feels like they're overcompensating. Mind you I dislike females who act fake too.

From a male perspective I can tell you this; I think about sex a lot. However I'm able to separate it from my normal life because I'm a normal, rational person. Sex doesn't dictate my life or relationships with other people. It just boils down to the fact that most people are shit and there are a few cool people here and there.
>>
>>17636903
Yea but that a big part of the under lying problem of having no girlfriend. It doesn't need to be spelled out because it's a given.
>>
>>17636956
>I think you just have trust issues by complaning about guys that fuck around too much.
I haven't.

>You see those guys that want to get laid - that's normal even for girls - and fear that a men can't value you above the sex.
I'm fairly sure some guys value me over sex. I have been with a guy for 10 years, we share plenty of interests and have a lot of fun together. I have a couple of good male friends and we get along well.

>Sex plays a big part in a successful relationship, but to think a guy that loves you would drop you ASAP, because the sex isn't good, that's paranoid.
I don't think that a guy who loves me would do so.
>>
>>17636397
>Most of my disgust comes from the way I perceive men to feel about sex
> No standards, no self control, etc etc
>and then men talk like fucking horny cavemen
>Gross
>pathetic urges, etc etc.
You said these aren't true, but what about such an approach is inherently disgusting? Why does it matter if someone DOES take a hedonist approach to sex?

Something else to keep in mind is that sex is WAY more accessible to you than it is to most men. So what you're doing is kinda like a 1st world child berating 3rd world children for never shutting up about how great water is. Shit's exciting if you can't just turn the tap and get it pretty much whenever you want.

>There are "good men" in my view, of course, just almost none
>It can be little things, like reading an article about sexless marriages, where the women talk about feelings of rejection, or feeling bad about their bodies
>just watching friends' boyfriends interact with them, hell, even my boyfriend
>Next to zero effort
Sounds like you're dragging a bunch of expectations into this. I'm getting the impression you have a baseline expectation of what a man is supposed to do for a woman that might not be totally reasonable (or at the very least warrants clear communication). And perhaps are taking for granted what effort they DO put in (which would discourage them from doing so). What exactly are "good men" to you?

Plus you're contradicting yourself. On the one hand you're condemning men for being too interested in sex, but on the other you're outlining problems ALL of which are the result of a LACK of interest in sex.

>Maybe they aren't able to articulate the complexities well because of society not allowing them to practice expressing that way but shit.
Well... you ARE talking shit about them for expressing a pretty basic emotion.
>>
It is just sex and men have a higher sex drive. We are not thinking all the time in sex but usually it is very easy to trigger sexual excitement.

What is so annoying about that?
>>
>>17636968
>Because sex is different for men and women. Women tend to view it through a more emotional lens, which is fine. But that doesn't mean the more physical perspective of men is gross.
I've always been inclined to call bullshit on this. Yeah, it's "common knowledge," but that doesn't really make it true.

Women are perfectly capable of physical lust, or did you arrive on this board yesterday? How have you missed the thousands of posts complaining about how girls always go for the "Chad Thundercocks" because they're ripped and have huge dicks etc? Yeah, a lot of that is neuroticism, but it's not JUST fantasy.

And if dudes compartmentalized emotion and sex that effectively then men in sexless marriages etc would JUST be sexually frustrated, and not feel hurt, rejected, unloved, unvalued. Talk to any dude in a sexless relationship and I can promise you that's how he'll feel.

I think a better summary of the differences between how men and women view sex would be "women need to feel valued and wanted before they'll want to have sex; men need to have sex in order to feel valued and wanted."
>>
>>17637021
>Women are perfectly capable of physical lust, or did you arrive on this board yesterday?
I never said they arent. I said tend to rather than do for an explicit reason.

>I think a better summary of the differences between how men and women view sex would be "women need to feel valued and wanted before they'll want to have sex; men need to have sex in order to feel valued and wanted."
I'm not saying this is wrong either. But sexual attraction for women tends to be more of a gestalt thing, while men are much less likely to want to bang her because she has a good sense of humor.
>>
File: lol4.gif (2MB, 200x162px) Image search: [Google]
lol4.gif
2MB, 200x162px
>>17636816
>>
>>17637001
so in the end your just irritated about not being able to comprehend a man's logic?
>>
>>17637121
I am not irritated.
A guy who wants to fuck me doesn't want me, but wants something I can do for him. A lot of girls are the same - they don't want a guy, but attentions.
For a lot of people interactions with other gender (and in general people different from them) are boring and difficult. If it wasn't for hormones we would do it much less.
That post is very true.
>>
>>17637179
>A guy who wants to fuck me doesn't want me, but wants something I can do for him.
Half of the appeal of sex is making your partner feel good. It sounds like you took a shitty ex and assumed everyone is similar.
>>
>>17637179
Yes, that's true, but I don't understand your problem.
>>
>>17637186
Nope. I am with an actually amazing person who is my best friend, and he is my first and only.
Truth is that most guys aren't interested in you beside the fact that you have a vagina.

I posted my information in a Skype thread on here 4 times. I specified I was in a relationship, that I was not interested in anything sexual and just wanted someone to talk to because I was a bit lonely (had been stuck in bed for 6 months doing chemo, spent a lot of nights awake vomiting, all sorts of fun).
Out of 150-160 people who added me, I kept in touch with two. Each one of the others either had no interest in common with me (and clearly added me just because I was a girl) and conversation dried out, or tried to flirt with me/get sexual.
2 people out of 150.

>>17637209
Absolutely no problem. Just replied to a post.
>>
>>17637222
>I posted my information in a Skype thread on here 4 times.
Let me guess, /soc/? Because the board was made explicitly for cam whores.
>>
>>17637222
No, I meant your problem as in what made you open this thread. I mean you're aware that men and women are different. There's nothing sexistic about that.
>>
>>17637255
I am not OP. I just replied to one random post in the thread.

>>17637239
Yeah, /soc/.
Not saying it's exactly the best statistic sample.
>>
>>17637267
I'm confused :(
>>
>>17637267
>Not saying it's exactly the best statistic sample.
That's an understatement.

It's literally named "Cams and Meetups", and you were surprised your responses were mainly men out to get laid?
>>
>>17637391
Not really a surprised, but when I'm not in a sexual thread and I explicitly said in my post that I was in a monogamous relationship, I wanted a clean chat and I wasn't interested in sexual things of any sort, the fact that 1.5% of people who added be bothered to read the fucking post beside 23/F or respect my wishes is pretty depressing.
Then, still better than what I expected from soc.
>>
>>17636397
>men are cavemen
>pathetic urges
>gross
Where the hell did you even get your idea of what men would be like, a Hanson video?
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.