[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SUCCESS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: Korean.png (23KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
Korean.png
23KB, 900x600px
I will try to make this as short as possible.

So i'm currently 19 years old and want to become successful in life.
Success for me is earning lots of money and living a happy life with my future wife that will love me, and i will love her.

My main question is, how do i get to this point?

Also another question, are playing games for entertainment fucking retarded? Right now i want to begin playing Starcraft II and i will obviously not get pro in that game. Should i start playing it because it might be fun or should i just don't bother wasting 100's or 1000's of hours. Right now all i do in my spare time is sitting home browsing 4chan, reddit, watching latest Youtube videos of my subs, skyping and playing Rainbow Six Siege with my friend. I feel like i should do something else with my time, like living my life or something? Remember i'm 19 years, aren't the 20's the time where everyone is "Living their lives"?

I also want to learn Korean, how hard will it be to learn this on my own?
If you are wondering the reason to learn the language this is the following: Kpop, Kdramas, interesting culture, Korean E-sports are great. Might want to move to Korea in the future? I guess i should start learning the language instead of doing what the paragraph above is about.

Last question: On the part about earning lots of money, i currently saved up 19K USD. What are some smart things i can do with this money to make more? I have no idea how investing works.

Please help me, any answer is appreciated.
>>
please, anyone?
>>
do you have a job or are in college or something?
>>
>>17636659
I'm currently working in my first job.
>>
>>17636671
and that is?

do you have plans to go to school
>>
>>17636337
Get a degree in teaching or in English, then TEFL in Korea. It's pretty shit money desu, but if you really like Korea it's an easy foot in the door. (I'm not sure if it's like Japan or certain other Asian countries where literally any degree will do, as I think it's got a bit more competition and therefore higher standards in Korea, but if any degree works, then get a degree relevant to the field in which you would eventually like to work. Go teach English for a few years while you live there, helping you to learn the language if you haven't by then, or else get a much better grasp on it. If you ever desire higher pay or else a change of pace, you can be on the lookout for jobs in your degree area and attempt to get hired at a company doing that work in Korea). I think that's a decently solid life plan, or at least the rough outline of one.
>>
>>17636693
as I think there is a bit more*
>>
As you've guessed, spending 100s or 1000s of hours playing video games is totally conterintuitive for what you're trying to achieve. If you want to be successful, sink your time into things that will get you closer to being rich (look for jobs, scholarships, do well in school, learn how to invest money) and/or attractive (get in shape by lifting/playing sports, take care of yourself physically and mentally).

Since playing video games does neither of those things, it's essentially a waste of time.

Also, falling in love isn't something you can just do on purpose. Don't waste your time trying; just be the best person you can be and let it come to you.
>>
>>17636713
>Don't waste your time trying; just be the best person you can be and let it come to you.

That last line waste beautiful, it's so true. Rushing is not good when it comes to relationships.
>>
Find something you like. Get at the heart of what makes it work. Become a master at it.

It takes a long time sometimes.

I literally made 10k in two months... three years ago my entire income was 14k.

You just have to be persistent.. even if you are a slow learner, if you keep doing it long enough you will become noteworthy.

Watch ted talks, follow motivational instagrams, and don't follow or idolize people who bring you down - even if they are charming and popular. I am not a religious person but I will say that the bible has some good points about not idolizing other human beings.

Avoid cults/tribes and peer pressure until you are strong enough to take what you need and not change yourself.

Don't take shortcuts, don't take money from people who expect too much, don't let people manipulate or abuse your dreams.

My grandpa took me sailing one day and let me steer the ship. He said "do you see land ahead, over there? See the peer?". We were so far away, of course I couldn't see it. But I pretended I could see it and eventually it came.
>>
>>17636737
>follow motivational instagrams
Which ones, would be happy if i could a couple of them.

>Don't take shortcuts, don't take money from people who expect too much, don't let people manipulate or abuse your dreams.
I didn't understand this point, can you elaborate?
>>
>>17636757

Like someone giving you money with promises of fame or fortune or whatever. Be careful of who you work for and who you work with.

Like an office job sounds good at $17/hour but you won't go anywhere if you stay, especially if the management style is to abuse you mentally and subtly until you give in sitting doing menial tasks for the rest of your life.

And on that note, always make your best effort to spend time with any CEO you know. Even the bankrupt ones. Skip the middlemen. If they hate you and you are fired as a result who cares. You got at the heart of the organization.

Before5am is a good one. They usually promote each other so finding more is easy (and it is a sign of true desire for positive change).
>>
>>17636713
>As you've guessed, spending 100s or 1000s of hours playing video games is totally conterintuitive for what you're trying to achieve.
Not really, provided you're doing actually important shit with the rest of your time. Down time is important.

>I also want to learn Korean, how hard will it be to learn this on my own?
Not that hard. Korean isn't much like English at all, which all other things being equal makes it harder to learn than another European language (or even a non-European language with grammar more like that of English, e.g. Chinese) but the truth is that it's actually pretty easy to learn a language, any language, it just takes a while, and unless something's forcing their hand, most people lose their motivation and quit after a while. The fact that you're actually interested in Korean pop culture gives you a huge leg up. You give you better odds to learn Korean on your own than I'd give to anybody taking a Spanish class for the wrong reasons ("It's the second most-spoken language in America!" or really anything other than "I want to watch telenovelas, read Spanish novels and newspapers, and move to Latin America as soon as I can.")
>>
>>17636810
Should say "I'd give you better odds." Clearly I should have spent longer learning English.
>>
>>17636337
Hi anon, we aren't so different

Playing video games to relax: Valid, as long as they don't consume your life. If they let you destress so you can work more effectively on better projects, sure!

But it is critical to remember that these things are not your primary focus. They are there to help you unwind in order to better perform your primary focus.

Starcraft in particular is a great game to play as it has a lot of transferable skills. Fighting games and rhythm games fall into this category as well. Something like League of Legends, where the main skills is knowledge of the game itself, does not have a lot of transferable skill and should be avoided.

What do you want to do by live your life? Do it. The power is in your hands.

Learning Korean is doable. There are tons of great resources online. I recommend howtostudykorean. However. NOTHING will help you more than having an actual native to speak with to help your accent/small questions. If you can take courses at a university, you should.

Can't give you money advice, good luck
>>
>>17636337
I find it hilarious that koreaboos are the new weaboos.

Anyway, having a success-driven mindset is a good way to start my man. The key is to make it a habit no matter what, and that alone might just take you far in life.
Playing games for the sake of enjoyment isn't bad at all, it might actually come in handy, in ways you may not be able to imagine now.
But I digress.

Do what you like and try to create shit. You don't have to worry about how you're gonna make money with it later, what's important is that you you try things out and learn, experiment. That will make you interesting, it helps make your brain more maleable and you'll find that learning new concepts comes easier. You begin to grow comfortable with the idea of learning things you know nothing about, instead of going the commoner's way of saying "I can't do that, it's too hard, it's not for me".

Bottom line, you're acquiring skills and learning to not feel afraid in the face of challenge, and that's very valuable in society, and has always been.
Wanna learn Korean? Go for it. Search for advice on forums, make yourself a weekly plan. Like, study 1h every day or something. Be consistent, even if you don't feel like studying. And never, ever, try to compensate if you missed study sessions.

I can't say much about the money you got, though, but at you're age I'd probably just keep saving for now.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.