[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Today I can finally see why my dad left my mum all those yrs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

Today I can finally see why my dad left my mum all those yrs ago.

>be 23 and move back home after uni.
> a couple of relatively minor misunderstandings occur between me and my mum over a few weeks.
>Explain to mum that when we deal with these situations i feel sometimes she unnecessarily jumps to anger/starts raising her voice / generally being a bit difficult when i'm just trying to have a reasonable calm discussion to resolve the matter.
>mum continues to raise her voice and row over the finer details of these situations for 20mins.
>row doesn't end very constructively.. no division of household chores or working boundaries set.
> an hr later and she's pretending nothing has happened..
> repeat next week.

wtf how do i deal with this? there's this weird passive agressive desire to control the running of things vs. this 'Oh, i do everything around here!' dynamic.
>>
File: IMG_2915.jpg (167KB, 960x783px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2915.jpg
167KB, 960x783px
Oh yeah, after last weeks row she told me to 'go fuck myself' and then didn't apologise all day. Eventually she did apologise. Wtf?
>>
well we know at least one thing your dad did that worked....
>>
Haha yup. He noped right out of there yeah.

Has anyone else's parents sworn at them before/ been like this?
>>
File: axD8j4M_460s.jpg (51KB, 460x387px) Image search: [Google]
axD8j4M_460s.jpg
51KB, 460x387px
she is relatively normal but does do some weird shit. A few times she has taken pictures of dead animals that she finds when walking the dog because they are 'interesting/beautiful'....

she has basically been single the whole time since she and my dad split literally like 20 yrs now.
>>
>>17635709
kind of.
my mom takes shit super personally at all times and refuses to listen to reasons in arguments.
>why did you do this
well, this
>NO THATS WRONG, STOP MAKING UP EXCUSES

My aunt (dads side) recently lied about something and said it was my moms fault and my mom flipped out saying she was trying to "drive a wedge between me and my boys"
like holy fuck mom, you are doing more to that end than she ever has, i dont give a shit about my aunts opinion
>>
>>17635729
>dem feely feels when the mum is being irrational.

I feel ya. If i wasn't starting a new relationship at the mo she'd probably be putting me off women or some shit the way she is going.
>>
>>17635745
the first my ex pulled the "ignore what i am saying is the reason because she knows my innermost thoughts and feelings better than I do" card i almost broke up with her on the spot
i fucking HATE when my explanation of my actions are ignored due to someone else's reaction to them.
>>
>>17635621
My mom is exactly the same, that's so weird, divorced too, now dating this guy that I feel sorry for.
>>
>>17635621
Unless she's gone through some sudden change, she has almost certainly been like this all her life and you were just somewhat exempt as a kid.

Nothing you say or do will change her. Just try to avoid conflicts and plan to move out as soon as possible.
>>
>>17635621
move the fuck out.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.