[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tired of people mistreating me. But afraid of consequences if

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: Disrespected.jpg (83KB, 1000x666px) Image search: [Google]
Disrespected.jpg
83KB, 1000x666px
I am a pre-med student, in college. I do really well on exams, I do decent amount of work. Most people I work with get grades worse than me, work together to cheat and have all these shortcuts, still don't keep up.

Not a brag thread at all. Problem is many of these people talk to me like I am their servant. Often times telling me what to do. I work with this girl who got a 60 on an exam, doesn't know how to do basic math. Bitch spends half the time telling me how to do things "properly" and the other half complaining about me to the professor.

I am sick of this. Most of my teachers are dumb as fuck too and they give me no respect at all. Problem is I have tried kissing ass so I don't get mistreated, that has not worked either. What do I do ? even my dad beat relatives are same way.

Maybe it has to do with me being skinny? maybe I am ugly? I talk very respectfully so I am definitely not rude. I am just sick of never being respected when I respect everyone =/.
>>
I don't understand. What makes you say you are being mistreated? If you were being treated fairly, what would be different? What are this girl's complaints about you?
>>
>>17635446
You're too nice, and people mistake that for weakness. If you don't take shit off no stanklords, then people will respect you. But, you do. You take major shit from stanklords
>>
>>17635446
are you a qt girl ?

>>17635455
>You're too nice

from the OP I really dont think so lol
>>
i feel you man, people are trash.. if you have someting people can exploit they will try to shamelessly.. seriously fuck people
>>
>>17635446
just keep better at what you're doing, they just don't like what you succeeded at. always be confident and proud. if they try to knock you down, you have to be brave to stand and show them the truth
>>
>>17635446

Set your boundries and stick to them. You don't have to be rude, you don't have to be mean, but show them that there are things you won't do. You won't do something because someone asks for it, you have your own problems. While you're happy to help, there are limits, and if you simply don't feel like helping someone at something, there's no shame in stating that.

If you're unsure about expressing yourself properly (non-bitchy), that's fairly simple. "No, I don't want to do it.", "No, thank you.", "I have something else to do first, find someone else", "I can't, (don't know how), but maybe XYZ can?", "I don't have time, need to study"...
Acknowledge their need, don't belittle them for it, but express your lack of interest for doing whatever it is they're asking.
>>
>>17635478
>Problem is I have tried kissing ass
>Most of my teachers are dumb [stanklords]
hmm.

NOBODY likes a kiss ass. No. Body. You have to stop caring about what they think about you so much and fight back a little bit. Seriously. People are so damned petty and confrontational sometimes, you need to find your backbone and fight back, or they'll never respect you.

Also, as a rule of thumb, you should never ever respect people who don't respect you, because it ends up like this. Like unrequited love or someting, it's completely one-sided and unhealthy
>>
>>17635479
That's ingrained in people. It's weirder that somebody wouldn't be like that than if they are like that.

Everybody listen: There's a reason people inherently don't like shut-ins. There's a reason people don't like boring, depressed people. There's a reason people don't like people with mental illnesses and liberty spikes, and often find them revolting. Befriending and associating with socially low-value people lowers their own social value, and therefore lowers their ability to 'survive'. In this day and age, it doesn't really, but unconsciously people will be averted to you if you're unpresentable in some fashion. Mystery solved. If you want friends, if you want confidants, if you want to be loved, you have to put your best foot forward, and offer people something. Generally just look nice, be nice, and LISTEN. LIIISSSTTEEENNNNN

or don't, idc
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.