[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Travel sickness and friends

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0857.jpg (37KB, 728x546px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0857.jpg
37KB, 728x546px
So I'm about to go on a vacation, I usually travel alone but I invited one of my best friends and his wife to come along. Here is the problem.. I suffer from anxiety, and typically I'm super fucked up the first 2 days when I travel from anxiety. Like REALLY fucked up. Can't eat or go very far from hostel and feel nauseous. But I've learned if I can get a lot of sleep, after the first 2 days I feel much better. Anyways.. my friend and his wife are very loyal friends. I told them about my problems as a warning but I'm worried that they will try to take care of me. I reject attention and aid. I don't want them to help since I just need to ride it out. But they are the type that won't go out and do anything without me. Which makes me feel like shit. Even when I tell them "hey you both go out and explore have fun, I'll be better in 2 days" they probably wouldn't listen and would try to get me medicine and fluids.

I just can't accept it. I don't want to waste their time. But I do not deserve aid, I do not want it. So what should I do?
>>
They sound like reasonable and understanding people, have you tried telling them what you've just told us?
>>
>>17635072
yet another case of "you know the problem, you just don't want to deal with it the way you have to"

the problem is that you can't accept their help. anyone who is willing to stay with you and help you to hopefully feel better obviously wouldn't be doing it if they minded, especially if you tell them multiple times.

if they do not mind, and want to help, fucking let them. this is doing a service to them. letting people help you is also helping them.

i have a roommate like you. i've known him for years. he gets all.. for lack of a better word.. autistic when i try to help him with stuff. its not something he can't do himself, and its not a big deal. like maybe i'll turn off the light when hes done in the room he was in, because he forgets sometimes. or i'll wash his plate in the sink or whatever.

no big deal. i wouldn't do it if i minded. but he still minds. and it feels really shitty when you want to help but they absolutely refuse to help.

tl;dr you probably make them feel shitty by refusing their help.
>>
>>17635075

Yeah I told my friend that today as a heads up. He just keeps suggesting medicine to me. Thing is he's a paramedic. So it's his job to take care of people. Plus he's a loyal friend and his wife is really nice to me. They seem like the type that would actually hang around and until I'm better and try to take care of me. I just hope they can leave me in the hotel for a few days and just go enjoy themselves why I try to recover on my own

I'm a independent person. I do everything by myself and never get help. So I can't accept the thought of someone trying to take care of me. I don't deserve it.
>>
>>17635092

That just doesn't make sense to me. I mean, I'd rather just deal with my own problems. Even my therapist told me as far as my anxiety thing goes to let it just pass on it's own. Don't fight it. That's why I learned I just need to sleep and not do anything for those first few days. Because I've learned on previous trips that's how long it takes for me to recover. Yeah I'm fucking miserable during that time, but I just have to let it pass
>>
>>17635096
>i don't deserve it

my roommate has the same thinking. its stupid and shitty. stop it. stop this self defeating attitude. i don't know how, but you probably need to speak to somebody to stop it. which of course you won't, because that means accepting help.

its up to the people that offer help to determine whether or not you deserve help, not you.
>>
>>17635102
okay, well let it pass while they do whatever they are doing. just stay in bed and sleep. if they feel better staying by your side/nearby until you feel better, let them.

if they offer medicine or whatever, maybe just take it? and tell them you'll take it but it probably won't help and you're gonna sleep a lot.
>>
>>17635102
also i'm surprised you are even seeing a therapist. i guess that's something. but it's probably different because you're paying them to help.

anyway. stop shitting on yourself. you can shit on yourself all you want in your head, but saying it out loud and presenting it to other people just brings them in on the shit train.

part of it is like, oh, i think you're a nice person that deserves to be happy.
and then you say you're shitty and don't deserve help.
thats basically saying their opinion/standards are shitty
>>
>>17635108

Medicine won't help. It's just anxiety. It fucks my whole system up, especially when I travel through a lot of time zones. It just has to run its course.

>>17635111

I can't help it. I just have to take care of myself. nobody should ever worry about me. I feel really guilty and shitty anytime anyone ever worries about me
>>
>>17635116
>i feel really guilty and shitty anytime anyone ever worries about me

see, that is not normal or healthy. that is one of your problems, friend.

>nobody should ever worry about me

incorrect, friend. people should, and do, worry and care for you. there are some people that love you, too.

i think you need to either learn to accept it, or live with it. you don't -have- to accept it if you can at least pretend like you do and function like a normal person.

work is almost over so i gotta go, but good luck OP.
>>
>>17635135

I don't know how I'm suppose to do that
>>
>>17635072
>But I do not deserve aid, I do not want it. So what should I do?
fuck his wife. Sometimes the hard way is the only way.
>>
>>17635975

What the fuck
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.