[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Polyamourism

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: images.jpg (5KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
5KB, 275x183px
So my girlfriend told me that she's into Polyamourism, while I on the other hand, am not so inclined to it. We're still both in highschool, so other people have been telling me that it might just be a phase, and to try and work through it. I really care about this girl, and I want to make our relationship a long- term thing. Any advice on what I should do?
>>
>>17635046
What's next?

She has desires to cheat on you and probably already has, break up with her. That is literally the only answer.
>>
>>17635046
Oh, and long term relationships from high school never work. Even normal girls want to slut it up in college. But with one into "polyamory" (slutting it up) it's 100% guaranteed.

Break up with her and find someone else OP
>>
>>17635046
Her dress is a red flag at this point
Get out asap OP
>>
i'm going to play devils advocate and suggest reevaluate yourself

you're still young and perhaps you can see beyond "heteronormativity". Its not that its inherently human to be monogamous, its literally just a cultural thing thats wired into peoples brains.

Maybe this is a sign you shouldnt be taking your relationship so seriously... at the same time if you really love this girl do you love her A) insofar as she conforms to your expectations and desires or B) under all circumstances, even if she's sleeping with other people

I'm not advocating you encourage her to fuck people infront of you but just trying to challenge the norms that people here are OBSESSED with, and repress other possibilities that even MENTIONING something like polyamory warrants breaking up with someone (they didnt even suggest talking to her)

Id be weary taking advice from people like that, I dont think it would last to fulfilling relationships, rather dark obsession

Btw this is coming from someone who let the latter destroy their only real relationship

long post whatever
>>
>>17635070
What do you mean by "her dress"?
>>
>>17635046
you're running through a fucking mind field and ignoring massive red flags. like you yourself acknowledge is that you're in high school, young and uninitiated. I'd suggest you dip and find a girl that has a similar ethical code as you.
>>
>>17635078
>you're.. young and uninitiated

and yet somehow you imply he already has a rigid ethical code he should to stick to?
>>
>>17635046
enjoy raising a kid that is not yours faggot. do you think the guys who are going to use her like a cumrag are going to stick around?
>>
>>17635100
I think you need advice, start a thread my friend
>>
>>17635114
if a girl has a kid it is guarantee that kids is hers but not the guys. so what kind of sane man would share his girlfriend? that kind of relationship would be good enough for the Maury show if she got pregnant.
>>
>>17635170
>so what kind of sane man would share his girlfriend?

Simple. Any man who doesn't strictly have monogamous relationships and also doesn't have diagnosed mental illness. Monogamy is a cultural imperative, not a basic human function for survival.
>>
>>17635071
>I'm not advocating you encourage her to fuck people infront of you but just trying to challenge the norms that people here are OBSESSED with, and repress other possibilities that even MENTIONING something like polyamory warrants breaking up with someone (they didnt even suggest talking to her)
She wants poly shit. He doesn't. It's not an obsession to point out this will only breed resentment. Trying to force a partner into poly shit when they're not enthusiastic about it too is a horrible idea, it has to be a mutual thing.

I swear to god the vast majority of poly relationships blow up catastrophically for exactly that reason.
>>
>>17635191
Never change tripfags. Never change.
>>
>>17635199
Sorry dog, the tripfag is right. Monogamy is a social construction
>>
>>17635046
Talk to her.
Tell her you're not interested in it, and either the relationship stays monogamous or it is over.
If you have different expectation from the relationship, it's better to let go and find someone similar to you.
If she can live with monogamy, then it is cool.
>>
>>17635200
All types of relationships between humans are a social construct.
>>
>>17635197
She wants poly shit? He doesn't? Really? I didn't see that in the original post. He said that she is interested in it, and that he isnt inclined to embrace it. It doesn't sound like they've had a real conversation on the topic yet, but many of the "dump her" posts respond as if she does.

>>17635205
>>17635200
I said cultural imperative, not social construct.
>>
>>17635197
I didnt respond to the second half of this. But yeah i'd agree if he's not willing to embrace it then it isn't a good idea. But instead of suggesting that OP really evaluate what he wants many of you are quick to project onto him that he perpetuates what is normative in our society. That is where the obsession lies, in not fully disclosing to OP there are more options.

Again, the most reasonable advice would be to have an open conversation with her first and foremost, but I don't see this being posted.

Even in

>>17635203
Its more like giving orders than giving advice

>Talk to her
>Tell her... the relationship stays monogamous or its over
>If you have different expectation from the relationship [than her]... let go
No where in the post does it say "If you feel strongly about monogamy then..." its just implied that its only right for OP to have that view.
>>
>>17635219
Because in the OP he said he isn't inclined to it.
This is why we assumed he wasn't inclined to it and wanted to stay monogamous.
>>
>>17635228
To say one "is not inclined" is language that lacks strength and as such, the expression of an objective truth that others claim to have read.

What I mean:
I'm not inclined to sleeping in my bed, given that is in infested with bed bugs, but I do so anyways.
>>
File: 1451536774462.jpg (76KB, 689x568px) Image search: [Google]
1451536774462.jpg
76KB, 689x568px
>>17635046

>We're still both in highschool, so other people have been telling me that it might just be a phase

Everything in your life is going to be a phase until you're somewhere near 27. Your relationship won't be long term because you're both children who have no idea who they are or what a real relationship is. None of this matters.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.