[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can you use Tinder to just make friends? Or will nobody take

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1

File: tinder.jpg (45KB, 560x415px) Image search: [Google]
tinder.jpg
45KB, 560x415px
Can you use Tinder to just make friends? Or will nobody take you seriously? I'm a 20 year old male in college and have trouble approaching people irl.

If not, are there are any other apps/websites I can use to meet people online in my area?
>>
>>17634725
Look into MeetUp.
Select your hobbies / things you are interested in.
Search for a group.
Go to an event.
>>
>>17634735
I'm not trying to meet groups or anything, I want to just talk with and meet individual people.
>>
>>17634789
Not him but, you can do that in a group. A lot faster
>>
i'm in australia and i tried to use tinder to find friends.

didn't really work. i talked to a few girls, but because i wasn't ready to pounce on them they seemed to lose interest.

one girl added me on facebook and any time i suggested meeting up to hang out or whatever she said she doesn't like to go out. she's fucking weird, and also an idiot based on the things she shared on facebook anyway.

but what the other anon said, MeetUp is pretty good for meeting new people, but i find that the meetup groups are very self contained.

i.e. i would meet up with them, do the thing with them, then when we're done, everyone goes their separate ways and nobody talks to each other outside of the context of another meetup.

except a couple months ago a new girl joined this group i've been hanging with (social anxiety & depression, playing board games. fun!), and she was cool, and i was about to go my own way and go home but i got the vibe that she wanted to hang out with -someone- after the meetup, so i.. i followed her into this convenience store that she went to (it was next door to where we were hanging out), and i said hi and asked if she minded if i hung out w/ her.

she was cool w/ it even though it was really fucking weird of me. but she was really cool, and if i didn't do this, i wouldn't have seen her for another month. friendships don't grow very well if you only see them once a month.

we're pretty good friends now. i've been to her apartment, she's been to mine.

also maybe i am developing a crush but oh well.
>>
>>17634789
/soc/?
>>
>>17634803
>>17634804
I've gone to group events before, but like I said in the OP, I'm shy and have trouble approaching people IRL. I always end up not talking to anyone during the event unless I'm approached first.

>>17634805
/soc/ is garbage plus there aren't many people in my area who ever post on there anyway.
>>
>>17634823
depending on the kind of setting, you can be forced to interact with people though. like in a board game setting, you have to speak to people to play the game.

but uh, besides that, if you just want to meet people online and talk to them that way first, Tinder i guess is your best bet (even though it seems like a bad one, everyone on there just wants to fuck).

i did also meet a couple nice people on /soc/ but they aren't in my area. i did talk to a couple people in my area but i didn't have anything in common with them so we didn't do anything except chat for a few days.

maybe just dump your skype or kik or whatever in the Skype general threads, or the non-dirty Kik threads.
>>
>>17634823
Facebook groups, online forums and websites.

That's how I've made plenty of friends with similar interests.

Tinder is not IMO the best place to make friends, even if some people will tell you otherwise.
>>
>>17634852
Any specific websites though?
>>
>>17634725

It's possible. I matched a girl back in March that I still talk to often. We are just friends, we never had sex or anything
>>
>>17634725
A better question is how do you find girls on tinder who want to have sex? I've been on a handful of dates with matches and none of them ever wanted to see or talk to me again afterwards.
>>
>>17635973

Shit man at least you're able to get dates.. I used to never match with hardly anyone. I listened to /Soc/ and changed my profile and started liking every single girl. I get some matches now but they are always with girls I'm not attracted to at all. It makes me feel like shit Tbh
>>
tinder really doesn't work that well. guys get barely any matches, and girls get so many matches that they don't take a single match particularly seriously.

find group events/activities and go to them. look up book clubs, sports clubs, anything at all.

if you suffer from anxiety it will be really hard at first, but you have to expose yourself to these situations to be able to gradually see them more rationally.

just being able to casually strike up a conversation with someone is a great skill, and at someone point you will realise it is really easy. just casually make comments, ask questions, etc.

and the biggest take home point is: shy, quiet people can make friends IF THEY SMILE.
>>
>>17635984

>find group events/activities and go to them. look up book clubs, sports clubs, anything at all.

Is this a meme? Because I keep seeing this posted here on /adv/ but I've never known a single person who does things like that. There is female co-worker I talk with while at work and I asked her one time what she does to meet people. She said she typically meets people through friends of friends and they have house parties or go to bars. I think that's what everyone does..
>>
>>17636004

When I left for college, I had no friends. I stopped by the local game shop and joined a D&D group and an anumerous club. I actuallybtalked to andbhubg out with people outside the context of those groups. By the end of my first semester I had made several friends and met the woman who would be my wife.

I moved to 3 different cities in the next 5 years, but at each one, I made sure to get into the local gaming groups and made plenty of friends.

Then I got married and my wife and I got into Renaissance faires and made tons more friends. She started volunteering at a non profit and joined a nonprofit and made several friends there. I, of course, still hit up the local friendly gaming stores and go drinking/grilling/fishing with the guys every other week.

Just did some paintball with my brother and a couple of his friends. Really nice guys. We decided we'd go out and do it more often.

I'm off Friday and I've never kayaked before. I'm going to go try it at the lake.

It wasn't until a year ago I realized how busy I was when a pal I hadn't seen in months mentioned that I've always got some kind of thing planned on my days off.

The key is to get out there and do shit you enjoy and talk to people whilenyou do it. Sitting at home online and going out once every blue moon only if you're explicitly invited won't work.
>>
>>17636036

Sorry for the shitty spelling and mistakes. Posted from my phone.
>>
>>17636036

The thing that sucks is I really like being alone. I spend all day at work talking to people, so when I'm off I just kind of like to be alone
>>
>>17636004
I consider it bootstrapping. If you are starting off from a place of not having much social confidence, and you need to get used to be in social situations going to groups etc. is a great way to start.

If you already have a solid group of friends, who host social events, and meet new people through each other, you might not need to take that approach.

But you can make friends and even get accepted into friendship groups via activities/clubs/common interests.
>>
>>17636056

Then you already have what you want.

Friends and boyfriends/girlfriends are people and you can't (and shouldn't and wont) have functional relationships with them if you dislike being around people.
>>
>>17634725

the problem is you'll only be matched with women, so saying ' i just want to make friends ' with women is pretty silly sounding. if you open up your tinder to see males, you'll only see women and gay dudes, so you see the problem here.
>>
>>17636153

Yeah I know.. it's just really frustrating because as a human, just like everyone else im biologically programmed to be attracted to females. so I think about girls a lot. But shouldn't and can't do anything
>>
>>17636206

Meh, just jerk off, get an onahole, or see a prostitute, If you don't like actually hanging out with people, then trust me, you are not missing out on anything. Actually savings g yourself a lot of bullshit.

Pussy is not THAT good if you don't give a fuck about other people in general.
>>
It's a dating/hookup app you fucking retard. May as well ask if you can use your oven to refrigerate something.
>>
>>17636264

I quit fapping. I used to fap 3 times a day. But I stopped and I feel mentally better since I quit. I don't want hook ups either. It isn't about sex to me, I don't know..
>>
>>17634725
People on Tinder aren't worth knowing as friends, that's why everyone just fucks.
>>
>>17637206

But that's not true. I made friends with a girl from Tinder. We've been friends for like 6 months
>>
>>17636479

Yeah, I think you might be suffering from idealistic/unrealistic expectations then.

Because if you don't like being around people, I can't imagine why you'd long to be around someone in a relationship unless you have some kind of warped view of what it would entail.

Because even the best romantic relationships require you to go through more bullshit than friendships do.
>>
>>17638140

it's just that natural urge. I'm trying my best to fight it
>>
>>17638164

An urge to what in particular?
>>
>>17638174

Just girls
>>
>>17638186

Like what are you getting the urgevto fo with girls? Would just sitting in a room with a woman present work? Do you want to spank one? Do you want one to pat your head?
>>
>>17638233
i think he wants a girl to make him a sandwich and hang out with him
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.