[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cat

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 1

So there's this cat that keeps on wondering into my house. I like to give him (or her) water and he's pretty friendly.. Likes to lick himself a lot for some reason and for me to pet him.
I think he belonged to one of the neighbors who moved away and he doesn't have a collar or anything.

Anyway, what kind of food do they eat? I'm afraid to give him something that will instantly kill him. What kind of human food do they eat (most basic stuff you could find at any house) plus what are some basic things I should know about interacting with cats? I never had any pet experience.
>>
>>17634046
meat, any meat should fine. also watch out for diseases

>Likes to lick himself a lot for some reason
>implying you wouldn't if you could
>>
>>17634061
Kek

Also what do you mean by meat? WIll he eat raw meat out of my freezer?

And what more will he eat except meat and fish?
>>
He might be micro chipped, see if the pound can identify him. He doesn't sound feral. Cats love tuna but it doesn't have any nutritional value. But any kind of fish or chicken is fine for him to eat.

Cats lick themselves to groom themselves. That's why they cough up hairs too
>>
Take him to a vet/shelter and see if he has a chip. If he does, stop giving him shit. If he doesn't surrender him to the shelter.
>>
>>17634046
>plus what are some basic things I should know about interacting with cats
Don't, feeding stray cats is extremely destructive to the local environment since they kill songbirds and you're ensuring they don't starve so there are far more predators than the prey populations can support. It has led to the extinction of over a dozen species of birds and made hundreds endangered.

Oh but who cares about that shit ITS CUTE!
>>
>>17634084
It dossnt sound feral. Feral cats have done all of those things, made a dozen or so north american species of bird completely fucking extinct, but this cat seems friendly and socialized.

Why dont you take it in and take care of it?
>>
He's in here right now.. Can I give this nigga some yellow cheese slices?
>>
>>17634084
He used to belong to someone, he's not a street cat or anything.. Way too friendly
>>
>>17634099
dude that isn't food, i'm surprised you give that to yourself
>>
dude. just by some fucking cat food.
>>
>>17634065
/an/ here
Just buy some cat food, it's cheap and healthier than the meat we eat
>>
>>17634084
Actually, cats keep the rat and mice population down, as well as some insects like cockroaches
They'd rather eat a rat than a fucking bird that can just fly out of there
>>
>>17634113
>>17634114
I'm not gonna go buy cat food right now, not an option
Can he or can he not eat cheese? And if I can how many slices should I give him, and if not can I give hi bread\oatmeal?
It's not that orange low quality american cheese by the way
>>
>>17634099
Give him tuna if you really don't have anything else
Salmon is good too
If you want to give him chicken or other meats(cooked, of course) make sure it has no bones, they can choke and die, because cooked bones break very easily
>>
>>17634072
Excuse me Doctor, Tuna has a ton of nutritional value.
>>
>>17634119
Don't give him cheese, cow milk gives them diarrhea and vomits, wich can dehydrate him very easily, and kill him
>>
>>17634118
They dont attack birds for food. They just attack them for the hell of it, and keep the circle of life oblong.

Use google OP, u can feed ur cat cheese
>>
>>17634124
>>17634123
What about oatmeal or bread or fruit? I'm not gonna pull out meat right now or pop a tuna can. Too late for that
What about cheese? What about other quick alternatives?
>>
>>17634124
I misspoke. It does, but not all that a cat needs. Cats will eat tuna until their bodies are vitamin deficient and they die
>>
>>17634133

he's not going to starve he probably ate at 6 other houses today before showing up at yours. buy some cat food tomorrow and don't feed him any human shit.

/thread
>>
>>17634133
Fruit? Yes
Bread and oatmeal, maybe, never tried giving to my cats

Cats are very picky, he might not eat cheese, nor anything else except for fish and meat
>>
>>17634133
Just feed him the fucking cheesw
>>
>>17634139
What do you mean by that? Is it a common thing?
>>17634140
Hmm. So as long as he eats what I give him he'll be fine?
>>17634141
Would you say a full slice of cheese is enough?
>>
>>17634147
He should be fine, just google dangerous food for cats or something and try not to kill him
>>
>>17634147
He'll stop eating when hes full this isnt rocket science bro
>>
>>17634046
usually meat. dont try vegetables.
>>
>>17634099
no....i tried giving my cat cheese she didnt like it
>>
https://www.vets-now.com/pet-owners/cat-care-advice/human-foods-poisonous-cats/
>>
>>17634147
>What do you mean by that? Is it a common thing?
Yes, incredibly. I have a cat I see every day, it doesn't have a collar, it's around all the time and I know who its owners are. You aren't this cat's savior or anything he probably even has a home to go back to anytime he wants.
>>
>>17634149
>>17634150
So anything other than those poison foods is fine? And he can eat as much as he wants?
>>17634157
>>17634154
Alright. He's on my window ledge right now and I gave him a cucumber and some cheese and water. Bon appetite!
>>17634158
Damn.. I thought we'd make a special bond or something.
>>
>>17634194
You can still have a special bond, for instance the cat I mentioned loves me more than his real owners who say they let him be outside because he's a terror who rips up their curtains and they can't even pick him up.

Meanwhile I've let him stay in my house overnight even and he hasn't so much as scratched a thing and I can pick him up and hold him like baby with no problems.

I'm just saying, don't be feeding him stuff cats shouldn't eat. It's not that dire a situation.
>>
>>17634194
>Damn.. I thought we'd make a special bond or something.
I don't know about that, but what that person said isn't necessarily true: it's entirely possible you're one of six chumps he visits every day, but it's equally possible that he's got nobody. That poster was pretty much talking out of his ass based on no information whatsoever.

Anyway, please don't feed him too much people food, and when you do, stick to fish and meat e.g. chicken. Don't feed him cheese or milk. But in general it's not great to feed a cat much people food at all, it's best kept as a pretty occasional treat.

If he's a cute little fucker why not just pick up some dry cat food from the store sometime? It's not like you have to get a huge bag or anything.
>>
>Anyway, what kind of food do they eat?

Duuude - stores sell bags of stuff that is literally labelled "Cat Food".

Cats eat that - that's why those words are on the bag - to inform you that food for a cat is in the bag.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.