[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cynicism

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: grumpy_old_man.jpg (49KB, 250x374px) Image search: [Google]
grumpy_old_man.jpg
49KB, 250x374px
How can I stop myself from being a cynical twat all the time? deep down at the core of my soul is like this eternally pessimistic and apathetic cunt. I can put on a good show but at the end of the day i don't believe in anything.

How do you stop seeing everything as bullshit?
>>
>>17634009

Being cynical and pessimistic is just an excuse to be lazy. Optimism might not be realistic, but it's utilitarian.
>>
>>17634009
Brain damage. That's how. I'm being serious. A cynic is a jaded optimist. Basically you need to forget what you know and try to accept everything that might happen instead of what is most likely to happen.
>>
1.Start smoking weed all the time
2.watch a show about horses
3.accept that being positive bout stuff
>>
No but seriously it takes a lot of effort.

>just turned thirty
>friends have moved away or lost contact
>divorce

Life is shit no doubt about it. But I force myself to keep a positive attitude. I only rejected my cynicism about six months ago.
Maybe I watched too many cartoons with my daughter, I just was sick of not thinking good thoughts.

I just decided to force myself to stay positive. It's hardest when I'm drunk.
But I am taking control of my mind.

Try to figure out a thing that makes you happy. Retard happy.
Everybody's got one.

Probably something you did as a kid.

Do that shit more often.
>>
>>17634989
And fucking smile at people and wish them luck and shit.
Get agro if you have too
Any chance in your attitude starts on the outside. You gotta fake it till you make it. Before you attain your positive attirude and internal peace you pretend, so others are more positive. That helps you be positive.

I think that's what the book said...
>>
>>17634026
Cynicism and pessimism have nothing to do with productivity, you pretentious cunt.
>>
>>17635019
Or utilitarianism.
>>
>>17634009
Following this thread. I have the same dilemma as OP. Used to be optimistic as shit when I was a lot younger. It took a decade to change that and now I have trouble keeping friends ina very religious-conservative country cause they'd quote me Bible verses on optimism and I'd start discussions and discourses with them (am an atheist.) One even called me a toxic person to be with and does not deserve friends. I just wanted a discussion.[spoiler]When I was younger, my church was training me to be a pastor.[/spoiler] I miss having genuine friends though.
>>
>>17635725
huh, I guess my newfagness was spotted. Spoiler doesnt work here, eh.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.