[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what is the governments reasoning for banning weed? did they

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: 1466924525780s.jpg (7KB, 250x236px) Image search: [Google]
1466924525780s.jpg
7KB, 250x236px
what is the governments reasoning for banning weed? did they even say why is what i want to know. i dont want to hear your opinion just what their reasoning is.
>>
>>17632896
Since when does the govt need a reason to do something?
>>
>>17632896
read "the emperor wears no clothes" by jack herer
>>
in the us, it's so they can have a reason to lock up black people
>>
Basically, this dude who used to own a shit load of newspaper and printing press companies lost his mind when people began talking about how much more practical hemp was than paper. So he paid to have a bunch of stories printed about blacks and mexicans smoking weed and raping white women. This caught on and the government made a law banning the shit and the rich guy didn't have to pay a ton of money to have all his businesses converted to hemp printing vs paper printing.
>>
>>17633012
Oh please.. Black people give us plenty of other reasons to lock them up.
>>
http://www.drugpolicy.org/blog/how-did-marijuana-become-illegal-first-place
TLDR: racism
>>
>>17632896
>what is the governments reasoning for banning weed?
Because they aren't selling, therefore, they can't tax it. In other words: because government gain no money on this.
Alchool and cigars kills a lot, but they aren't banned. Why?
It's all about money.
>>
Doesn't seem too illegal to me.

I've been smoking marijuana for the past 5+ years "illegally" and I've never once been confronted on the issue.

Most cops I've met have openly told me they don't enforce marijuana laws, if that's the only law being broken.

I've had noise complaints on my house, and had police walk right up to my screen door and see me rolling up a J red handed, and they just mentioned I should turn the volume down.

Marijuana has gone through many decriminalization laws around the US, including being recreationally used in 4% of the states, and in over 300 Indian Reservations inside of the USA.

TLDR, most law enforcement doesn't enforce marijuana penalties, if it's the lone offense and there's no distribution involved.
>>
>>17633031
>they can't tax it

Why can't they tax it?
>>
>>17633013
Sounds like a meme, pretty sure I heard that explanation on family guy
>>
>>17633052
Because isn't regulated by law, unlike beer, for example.
>>
>>17633058
And there's no possible way our government would ever be able to figure out how to regulate a product to consumers, like beer, for example.
>>
>>17633031
>>17633058
There are lots of things that the gov't doesn't sell that have not been made illegal. If the gov't wished, they could legalise, regulate & tax it. There is literally nothing stopping them from doing that except for will.
>>
>>17632896
Nixon single-handedly had it moved to the DEA's schedule-1 so that they could round up/remove all the hippies that were camping on the national mall at the time.

The black people stuff was just a convenience in the crime-ridden 80s, and wasn't the reason it was criminalized a decade before.

The mexican thing was part of the public propoganda/slant at the time.
Its' the reason why it became known as 'MARIJUAANAA' instead of cannabis or hemp, to tie it to mexico.

Also, this is not an advice thread. OP you're a faggot and should have asked this elsewhere.
>>
>>17633069
>>17633070
>gov could do it and get money
Yes, this was my point. But they get way more money if weed stay illegal.
>>
>>17633130
>this
they make bank by keeping people in prisons run by private corporations.
>>
>>17632896
It's because weed makes you okay with sitting around being bored instead of being a driven, productive worker.
>>
>>17633069
>>17633070
>>17633161
www attn com/stories/941/who-profits-from-prisoners
Check.
>>
>>17633186
people dont even go to prison for smoknig it here. they get a warning and then a fine. my friend got caught with it once, he was under age, and pretty much had to do some drugs safety course.
>>
>>17633054
You did. William Randolph Hearst I think was his name
>>
>>17633195
>>17633195
>underage

Of course he didn't go to prison, you fucking nit.
>>
File: 127095609349.jpg (21KB, 450x299px) Image search: [Google]
127095609349.jpg
21KB, 450x299px
>>17633195
>he was under age
Fucking moron.
>>
>>17633203
nah, son. i was just telling a fun story. the criminal age for responsibility here is 13 anyway. i study law, and i have been to them courts, some fella walked in with a full track suit and the judge just gave him a fine due to it being him second offense regarding the consumption of weed
>>
>>17633047

Where do you live? It is still pretty illegal in my red state.

I used to not care about weed legalization, but it hit closer to home recently. My gf has trouble going to sleep, but also complains that every sleep aid she has ever tried makes her feel groggy the rest of the next day. Weed is the only thing that seems to make her sleep and wake up feeling fine, she doesn't even like using it recreationally. But she works in an office at an engineering firm, and her employer drug tests so she can't smoke it. It is a source of infinite headache for me because she can't go to sleep all night, wakes up tired as hell and basically it fucking sucks. Marijuana legalization shot up much higher on my political interests since then, because it seems it would significantly increase her quality of life.
>>
>>17633224
Red state of Kansas, they treat it like it isn't even a problem.
>>
>>17632896
You'll be too content with life to buy any products.
Society would collapse if everyone became a stoner.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.