[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can women be good friends to guys?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: 1461569051138.jpg (47KB, 635x417px) Image search: [Google]
1461569051138.jpg
47KB, 635x417px
So I've been talking to different girls more and more. I don't care whether I get a relationship, sex or just simply a friend from talking to girls. But every girl I try to be friends with just isn't cool enough to be friends with me. Is it possible to actually be friends with a girl and not have it be bullshit? I am starting to think it's impossible. What is the point besides dating/sex in talking to new girls? Will I get better at getting women just from talking to women who have no social or sexual interest with me?

>Confused af right now and slightly frustrated
>>
>>17632822
it's definitely possible.

what has your experience been? what do you mean they aren't cool enough?
>>
Yes you bitch
>>
>>17632841
Starting talking to this girl at school. Hanging out with her after class. I thought we were really getting along and we had common interests. I find out she has a boyfriend and I just go OK idrc. Keep talking to her and ask her to go to an event and hang out. I even said bring your bf idc. She just responds on fb by saying that she doesn't think we have any similar interests or think the same. With my guy friends, even if we are completely opposite in every aspect we can still get along and be friends. I don't get it.
>>
>>17632822
Sure.
I am a girl and I have a couple of really good guy friends - we share interests and sense of humour, we have similar personalities.
Of course they are both in a long term relationship because being so close with someone single when I'm engaged would probably be inappropriate, but it's pretty cool.
>>
I've had female friends but they always end up with them falling in love with me or me falling in love with them. I really don't know why anyone would be friends with a female though, they make kinda shitty friends. They're constantly whining, gossiping and creating unnecessary drama.
>>
>>17632867
her bf is probably not letting her hang with you
>>
>>17632822
Women can be good friends to groups of guys but not one on one.
>>
>>17633937
This for sure. Or shes worried it will cause issues with her bf.
>>
My best friend is a woman. She sets me up with her friends, tells me I'm handsome when I'm sad, and in general is an amazing and beautiful person.

If you're asking about sexual tension, that goes away for the most part. We've known each other for something like 14 years now, and even though she's bombshell, it's /really/ difficult to think of her outside of the 'sister' context.

That being said, if you walk up to girls with the "hey let's be friends" angle, they probably won't buy it. This girl and I met in freshman year of high school in a class we shared, and we just ended up being awesome.

I 100% recommend having a female friend if you're male. If you can avoid catching feelings for them, they'll give you advice on how to pick up / date other girls.
>>
>>17633497
the unfortunate truth right here
>>
>>17634155
caught feelings for one of my best friends
what do i do now
>>
>>17632822

Just talk to girls like they're anyone else. It's perfectly easy to become friends with a girl. And they make valuable friends. It's always nice to have another perspective on life and such, learn about girls, have them hook you up with their friends, etc.

But, asking a non-single girl to go hang out one-on-one, or "bring her boyfriend, idc," is generally a bad idea, because it looks like there's an ulterior motive. Do things in groups, build up a base of trust, and then you can do that kind of stuff.

It's not black and white - context of the friendship is important for a while. Two of my best friends are female. I have tons of female friends. I am also successful with women. It'll come.
>>
>>17634155
I probably would have never got a girlfriend if I hadn't become friends with a girl first who could help me navigate the world of dating
>>
>>17632822
Sure if you have a cuckold fetish.
>>
Yeah, ig. I've personally always had an underlying feeling that somebody had some kind of attraction for the other person, to varying degrees, even if they don't realize or admit to it
>>
>>17632822
One of my best friends is a very attractive woman that multiple men have pined for and continue to do so. I however have no romantic feelings about her whatsoever and I never did. It's not even in the way that I see her as a big sister or she sees me as a little brother. We're just great friends. We joke about sex and stuff but both of us would never go farther than joking for the sake for fun.
>>
>>17634357
That's up to you, m8

I had a crush on her in high school, but we've literally known each other half our lives now, so those 'feelings' are a silly memory.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.