[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Boyfriend's insecurities

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (44KB, 270x395px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44KB, 270x395px
My boyfriend and I both have crippling self-image issues and insecurities, even though they manifest in different ways. Currently, I am grappling with how I should comfort him when he mentions that he doesn't think that he's good enough for me, or that I can find someone better. How do I convince him that even though this statistically might be true, just as he can find someone better than me, I want him for the amazing person that /he/ is and the connection that we already share?

Pic sort of related.
>>
You can't. This is something that only he can do.
That doesn't mean you shouldn't try, or that you shouldn't support him. You should. But when he continues to shit on himself, you must absolutely not see it as a failing on your part.
You are absolutely not responsible for his self-image (by which I mean that it's not your obligation to fix it, yes, but by which I also mean that you do not have the power to fix it either).
>>
>>17632403
you sound really annoying how hasn't he shot himself yet oh my god
>>
>>17632428
Very motivational, thank you. Now I have the new-found motivation to go and clean up my shitfest. Peace out :P
>>
File: 1469924585630.jpg (94KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1469924585630.jpg
94KB, 1280x720px
>>17632438
you're welcome, girl~
>>
>>17632403
hey girl

sadly, gently petting his ego will not help him in developing a spine, and you might fuck yourself into coddling him for three years

listen to >>17632422- do NOT let yourself feel like you have caused his problems. encourage him to have friends aside from you and to have things that he accomplishes for himself or you will have a cute little codependent who sees you as his mommy.

my first instinct is to tell you to run the fuck away, but that might not be fair since i can't see the whole situation.
>>
>>17632403

Dude, the pic you used is of two lesbians getting married.
>>
>>17632403
Start doing physical exercises every day, and get him to do it with you.
I shit you not, a heavy workout can make even completely broken relationships work. Nothing feels better than coming together to your home on half-bend legs, doped to the head with endorphins, and then having tired-as-fuck sex.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.