[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So /adv/, how can i change my way of living? up until now i been

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: Tfw.png (4KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
Tfw.png
4KB, 225x225px
So /adv/, how can i change my way of living? up until now i been living like a fucking basement dweller, gave up in studies and friendship a long ago and now i just can't take this way of living anymore.
I want to change for the better, maybe start studying again and get some friends dunno i just know that i want to change little by little and the problem is that no matter what i try i always give up after two days, how can i hold for more time?
>>
>>17632276

Either you use discipline or you don't. There is no third option.
>>
>>17632317
How do i use it when i don't even have? just get accostumed to it or what?
>>
>>17632276
You will get back into it and feel fresh and optimistic for a few weeks and then you will fail again for the same reasons and it will feel exactly the same as the first time. All of your hopes will slip through your fingers and you'll be back at rock bottom with nothing to show for it but wasted time.
>>
>>17632276
Here's what I did to get out of your situation:

Find something I'm good at, for me it was accounting and finance

Get ludicrously good at whatever it is you take an interest in.

Be the guy that everyone goes to for the answer, take the stage as the one who'll lead the group.

Life can only go up from there.
>>
>>17632356

Discipline isn't what you "have," it's what you do.

Figure out what you want, make a plan to accomplish it, and then stick to the plan, no excuses.

Let's say you want to get in better shape and learn Russian. Every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday afternoon, you will spend at least one hour exercising and in the evening you will spend at least half an hour studying Russian.

You will not skip a single session. For any reason. If you don't "feel" like it, you do it anyway. If you MUST miss a session, you will make it up immediately. You stick to it, no matter what.

It's tough at first, but eventually your lifestyle gravity will adjust and it gets easier.
>>
>>17632276

Maybe you can study video games which would be really cool. Think about it, playing video games then writing a paper on why the video game is great. Like what symbols and motifs are prevalent in the video game title, talk about the character development, try to figure out if the creators of the game are trying to send a message about society. Just study video games.
>>
>>17632392
Interesting idea, thanks il keep it as a second option.

>>17632388
I forgot this, i should make a timetable with how many hours and what to do and just put it in front of my bed so i can always see it.
>>
>>17632398

Keep in mind, that you are still going to have to read a lot. Also, some of those video game franchises have expanded into movies and literature. So reading stuff on how to analyze literature might come in handy. Damn, I'm a freaking college dropout. Also, your thread just reminded me that I should go back to reading Plutarch's Parallel Lives and other ancient literature.
>>
>>17632601
Glad that my thread helped in something, i know that i have to read a lot of books and such but that's just a plan B so i can read while i try the stuff the other anon told me, reading it's the only thing i don't get tired after a while.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.