[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need help being sociable

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: Sad Pepe looking out window.jpg (11KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Sad Pepe looking out window.jpg
11KB, 480x360px
I seriously need help, I can't figure out what to say. My jokes usually are " Thank god for the confederacy"," I'd like my watermelon with a hole please", " When I get scared I go " REEEEEEEE"

as you can see I am beyond help. But maybe the thing that messed me up( 4chan) can fix me.

Example:
>Me sees normie
>Me is very sociable so wants to talk
> This happens

Me: " How's your day normie? "
Normie: " Good dude! "
> Wants to continue conversation but doesn't know what to say
> sweating heavily
> Normie leaves.
>Sad.

Example 2:
> Boy eating lunch
Me: " That's a nice lunch. Do you like the lunch? "
Normie Boy: " Uh I guess. "
Me: " hmmmm"
> me walks away
> Me cringes at the conversation
> Sad

Example 3:
> co-workers talking about Putin and U.S and refugee crisis
> Me scared to speak so doesn't say anything.
> Wants to speak but remembers cringey conversation
> Doesnt speak and co-workers are back to work.
> sad

Help me /adv/!
>>
>>17631637
Stop going on /r9k/ and 9gag. Read more books and watch more television and movies and play more dialogue heavy games. Bing bang boom. Problem solved.
>>
People like you need to be rounded up and put in concentration camps
>>
>>17631637
REEEEEEEE
>>
>>17631666
Let's see if that works, so if I do that I'll become a normie? I'll be free from the chains of 4chan and 9gag?
>>
>>17631637
I dont think its your fault really, society is more and more reliant on cellphones and social media..socializing in real life isnt really a thing anymore
>>
>>17631637
>When I get scared I go " REEEEEEEE"
kek
>>
>>17631637
Stop trying to be the class clown. Be the guy who laughs at others' jokes. You'll be just as popular.

90% of small talk is really about nothing at all. The supposed subject is just an excuse to hang out together.

(Ever seen a documentary about monkeys and chimps? They spend a lot of time 'grooming' each other, picking nits out of each other's fur. But chimp-watchers have seen that it's really just an excuse to sit together and be friendly.)

Humans generally don't pick nits off each other but we chat about the weather or sports or last night's TV or gossip or whatever.

It really is 'whatever' because the being together in a friendly way is the real point, not what we're talking about.

And so you don't have to be the star of the moment to be an active participant. Just listen, nod, throw in an occasional 'Yeah' and maybe actually have something to say once in a while, and you are being a welcome and successful part of the exercise.
>>
>>17631666
this!

nice trips btw... makes me wonder about socially normal shit. sent from satan maybe?

hmmm..

>>17632790
this guy has it right on the money too..

so just do what anon1 said about culturizing yourself, acquire socially normal interests, and then take anon2's advice and congregate with people who share the same interests and talk about what you know.

when i hang out in groups i tend to just listen to what everyone else talks about and how they do it so i can learn about the etiquette of said group. different people will be comfortable interacting in different ways.

the key is kinda just to do what everyone else does and fit in... just dont take that to the extreme.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.