[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Experiences with Zoloft/Sertraline

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: zoloft.jpg (139KB, 1024x739px) Image search: [Google]
zoloft.jpg
139KB, 1024x739px
Who here has had experience with this drug? I just got prescribed 100 mg this week for severe SAD and depression.

Will this actually make a difference in my life? Tell me about how it worked for you.

Also, how do I take it at a consistent time? I don't really have any consistent daily routine, so I'm having trouble with this.
>>
I used zoloft, i liked it , i wish i could have some now, it made me not to feel anything. Good old times
>>
Give me that Z-O-L-O-F-T
No longer pissed
You don't both me
I'm making it through
I'm giving my all
When bases are loaded
I'm whacking the ball
>>
>>17632139
bother*
>>
>>17631196
I just recently started this, and I will tell you right now, DO NOT STOP TAKING IT. You'll get hit with a wave of bad side effects, I actually started at 50 and went up by 25mg a week, until I got to 100mg, my max dosage was supposed to be 150, but I stopped for a bit, and jumped right back to it and my body was going crazy, I could have sworn I was going to die.

It does help in the end though, you'll also have to help yourself too l.
>>
I'm on zoloft too and have been for some times: it works but has side effects.

Don't panick, the first week of treatment is probably gonna be the worst with side effects like dizziness, nausea, tiredness and so on, but once your body adapts, like another anon said, you're going to feel less, meaning that what made you anxious, sad or having panick attack is going to not affect you as much. You care less about what others are saying to you, you'll be able to concentrate more clearly (again, after the first week).
One bad side effect that seems to be recurrent is that it lowers your sex drive, so if you have a gf it can be a problem, but your doctor can prescribe you stuff. If you are single it can be a plus if you want to do no-fap.

The usual time they give it to you is 6 months but I strongly advise you, if you don't feel ready by the end, to ask your doctor for more time. I've been on and off of it for the last 5 years and each time you stop/try again, you'll have the same really bad side effects for one week so take that into account!

But all in all it can really help with your depression so don't give up and stay strong anon!
>>
I was on sertraline for a while. I started at a lower dosage and ramped up to I think 150mg like another anon said. The only side effect I got was drowsiness, which is what made me eventually switch to something else.

For me it was pretty helpful. I was still somewhat depressed but the medication sort of helped me pull myself out of downward spirals of negative thoughts, which before I started it would cause me to be severely depressed for days at a time.

As for taking it a consistent time, you should ask your doctor or pharmacist, but I think I remember that with sertraline it doesn't matter as much since it gets slowly released into your system. I just have a reminder set on my phone that goes off at 8PM and I usually take my medication sometime between then and when I go to bed (around 12ish at the latest). If I don't take it right away I just leave the reminder notification so I'll remember to take it later.
>>
OP here, glad to see this finally got some replies.

>>17632166
So far the main side effect I've seen (other than the first few days, and some nausea today it seems) is increased anxiety to the point of having breathing problems, but that might also be situational or just random. Oddly enough I have not seen any decrease in libido or virility, though I'm still on 50 mg until tomorrow. Hopefully I got lucky on that one.

As for the social anxiety: if it helps with embarrassing situations like when I'm the center of attention, or with paranoia, then that would be great in itself, but will it help me with more long-term problems like my inability to form meaningful friendships/fear of intimacy? I don't mean a magic fix or anything, but will it at least help a little?

>>17632203
The timer idea is good, I don't know why I didn't think about that.

Also, if I did have to go off it at some point, how long would it take?
>>
Zoloft is my best fucking friend oh my god.

Apathy is a wonderful not-feeling.

>>17632166
I ran out of it, supposed to take 200mg a day. Seven days without and vertigo is driving me nuts.

Get it? Driving me nuts? Hahah I'm hilarious please shoot me in the fucking face and end my suffering.
>>
>>17631196
it helps you not feel sad but it doesnt really help you feel happy either.
>>
>>17632858
youve never tried weed before
>>
>>17632825
Hey OP, >>17632180 here.
For the side effects, yeah you might be lucky and get only really minor ones or even none.

For your fear of intimacy, I can't promess that it will answer all your problems but I can share my experience: when I began sertraline/zoloft, I was 19, depressed, introverted, kissless, handholdless, virgin, couldn't form any kind of relationship with women, had an inferiority complex over everybody. Today, I'm 25 and I have been on and off the treatment for the past years, I have traveled several countries, got my Master in a different, I have a lot of good friend and I now know how to blend in easily, I got several girlfriend (even if it never lasted longer than 3 months) and I'm not depressed. I still got problems (took some weight, been drinking more and more, etc.) but it sure as hell is better than suicide thoughts and bfeeling like complete shit all the time.

As another anon, it won't make you happy, but it will allow you to be able to do things without being always anxious, to make mistakes without thinking that you are the lowest person, and you will be able to go through life more easily and maybe you will resolve your problems so that you can be in a position to finally be happy!

So yeah as >>17632203 said, it's not really important when you take it during the day (some prefer in the afternoon because it makes them sleepy, me in the morning because it makes me excited) just try not to skip it too often because you can feel the withdrawal effects after one week or so (experiencing nausea, etc. nothing too bad but a bit inconvenient).

I've only been to 100mg, my doctor told me that 150 and 200mg was when the person was severely suicidal or clinically depressed because it takes a toll on your energy, but I guess it depends on your metabolism.

All in all, continue taking it, you will begin to really feel the changes in your personnality after a few weeks and then it only gets better.
>>
>>17632932
Shut the fuck up faggot I'll cut you
>>
I took it for about three years, and slowly went off of it. I started at 150, then went to 125, then 100 in a few months, etc until 0. I've been off of it for four years, and I'm fine now. It will take time.
>>
>>17632858
>Driving me nuts
Like a steering wheel on a pirate's crotch!! AHAHHHAHAHAA! HAHA ! AH! kill me
>>
I took it for two years. Stopped my anxiety, but also killed my other emotions too. Ruined my dick, gave me limpdick years after I quit. Didn't do jack shit for depression. Not worth it, quitting is hell and side effects are too much.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.