[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

life got me down

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: skins.jpg (47KB, 493x329px) Image search: [Google]
skins.jpg
47KB, 493x329px
All I want is a small apartment, an okay job and then I can work on myself and building relationships. At the moment my toxic household and my toxic upbringing has really fucked me up and has me locked in the stagnant place. I'm forced to feel really uncomfortable bringing anyone into the house, even just mates, so bringing a gf over to your house (an essential part of a good relationship - especially being the male) is pretty much out of the question.

I live in a household full of fucking females being the only male. I have no one to relate to, my whole family are fucking weirdos for the most part. But I've been raised in such a way to completely fear any sort of change, be it good or bad.

I have a good network of mates but there comes a point where you really don't want to be the cunt who's constantly complaining about his family. And as a result I've just been balling it up, trying to deal with it all as best as I can but it's getting a little too much lately.

All I want is to live on my own and be self sufficient but I'm being pretty much forced into this toxic safety net because it doesn't make any financial sense to try go on my own.

I've just applied for a really interesting degree at University, pretty sure I might get accepted but I really don't know if I can handle another 3 years of this shit waiting for it to get better.

What the fuck am I supposed to do?
>>
Blaming your family and the toxic environment is the worst thing you can do. Take some fucking blame for yourself and except some responsibility. You are a lazy bum who doesn't really want to be on his own because that is going to cause you to get off your lazy ass and do shit. No no it is much better to complain to your friends and continue to live in this shitty environment because comfortable is what you know.

Fucking twat, learn to be self sufficient.
>>
>>17604781
Maybe that's true to a certain extent but I wouldn't say I'm a lazy bum.

If I get accepted into this University course it would only fuck my grades to try juggle enough work (if I can even find it) to be able to move out. I could potentially skip University and just find some shitty labouring job somewhere but I feel like I'd be selling myself short.

You constantly get told that University is meant to be at least 20% fun, but when I don't feel like I'm even considered part of my family; and when they make it pretty clear that they don't want me to have girls or even just mates around - it makes it pretty hard to even have 1% fun.

I do get off "my lazy ass and do shit," I've saved quite a bit of money up so far but it seems quite counter productive to go blow all that savings on rent and utility when I already have a roof over my head. But it's one thing to have a roof over your head and another thing to feel like you're a welcomed part of the '''family''' that lurks under the roof.

Of course it's easy to blame your family and a toxic environment, but that doesn't make it any less truthful or make its shitty effects any less
>>
>>17604809

You ever think of doing a trade? Not to expensive to get licensed and you will have a job very quickly soon after with the demand. Pay is rock solid and you can be self sufficient but it does require sacrifice because it won't be easy.

Plus your family won't be happy if you go this route instead of uni.
>>
Before I write some weird ass comment about how I view your sorrows and what will probably happen if you abandon your career possibilities for an "ok" life, I would just recommend you to read this and to review your own desires:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maslow%27s_hierarchy_of_needs
>>
>>17604812
Everyone who's went down the trade route seems to be doing pretty well for themselves as of now. I just never really saw myself doing a trade and it would take me at least a year to get all the CERTs and shit anyway; might as well put the time towards a degree.

And yeah, the family would not be supportive of that at all. Makes things about 1000x more difficult when you have zero support and people who are actively against you - especially when those people are your family

>>17604840
I'll give it a skim now, comment away though; I'd appreciate some weird ass comment on how I view my sorrows
>>
>>17604859

Preparing a year to get a license and training versus getting degree where there is no guarantee of a job. Smarten up.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.