[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A Scam Unearthed: What do I do?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

I recently acquired information that there is a rather large "charity" (National Scale) being run entirely as a scam. I'm unsure of how to proceed, or even what to do. I was certain that if I could find advice anywhere, it would be on 4chan. Any ideas?
>>
>>17603731
Report it to the authorities.

Also name the charity.
>>
Believe me, i would do it if it was an option, but from a legal standpoint, there is nothing that can be done to stop it, and if something isn't done, this organization will only continue to bleed charitable money away from those who really need it.
>>
>>17603859
Keep posting, you're doing good work
>>
Just give the tip to the less shit hacktivist group you can find and that's it.
>>
Might as well come out with it. The organization is Faces of T.B.I.
>>
The thing is set up to look like a legitimate charity to benefit people who have suffered traumatic brain injuries. The thing is, all that money is just used by the founder to fund a lavish lifestyle and ask for money on go fund me.
>>
File: 2015-05-04-12.13.08.jpg (2MB, 2448x2448px) Image search: [Google]
2015-05-04-12.13.08.jpg
2MB, 2448x2448px
>>17603879
>>17603893
Are you sure about the veracity of the information you got? There are actually people with TBI that donate there too. Fuck Amy Zellmer.
>>
This is unfortunately irrefutable. I won't name names, but someone extremely close to Amy Zellmer flat out told me this.
>>
It's a national "charity" in name and revenue, sadly in reality it's nothing but a scam.
>>
>>17603914
>>17603920
I'm guessing that person doesn't want you to leak the information too. What if they connect the dots in case shit really does hit the fan?
>>
the root of the matter is this... what the hell do I do with this? I'm no social media genius, and my first thought was to check here. I know that 4chan has made shit hit the fan before, so I thought I could at least give it a shot.
>>
>>17603925
Trust me, I'm not dropping names. Namely because I would like to see something happen.
>>
>>17603932
>>17603940
I would go to straight to /b/ and /pol/ with this kind of thing to be honest. They get this sort of shit done.
>>
>>17603946
i posted in /pol/, and they don't seem too interested, a bit saddening really.
>>
>>17603991

try the next asshole of the internet, buzzfeed.
>>
Remember Wounded Warrior?

The employees were the reason it was caught when it was. I would define it more as a scandal, not a scam, but it's an issue that would have been prolonged if the employees weren't vocal about it.

Some even obscured their identities in fear of retaliation. If it's worth it, you might want to consider doing that.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.