[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hard to read girls?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

Girl I'm talking to is kinda confusing, to be honest.

Not sure if I'm getting played, over thinking it, only have experience with clingy women, or if she's just weird.

Basically, in the past week, we hung out three times- once downtown, we ate and walked around our campus. Then we hung out at the pool the next day, and just the other day we saw don't breathe and got frozen yogurt. All very date-like things, seems to me.

Most recently in the theater we even held hands, and she not only returned the hand-holding, but also initiated it again herself later.

Yesterday we also talked about "deep" stuff, as in she asked me life goals, that kinda stuff. I make her laugh and she seems to generally enjoy my company.

But there's some weird stuff too. Like for example, when I hug her, every time, consistently, she turns it into a side hug. She also ignores texts for days on end- sometimes only replying when I explicitly double text or ask a question. And despite all that she still seems generally flirty with me, but then she does that stuff, like the side hugs and the completely dropping for 48 hours at a time, and idk what to think.

For example, last night? After the movie date and hand-holding and frozen yogurt and all, I texted her "hey thanks again for really nice night <3" and was left with- nothing. Completely ignored. Not even a "yeah it was fun."

I'm sure she'll text me again in a few days, and I'm sure she'd gladly see me again if I asked, even right now, but how the fuck do I read this.
>>
>>17603454
Let me correct one detail, now that I think about it- she did hug me for real when i got her from her place yesterday. But as a counterpoint, she was very unreceptive when i tried to kiss her earlier in the week.
>>
you care too much and she knows
>>
>>17603454
I had a similar issue a few weeks ago, turns out she was seeing two people and wanted to try us both out before she went exclusive.

I won't say that is the case with yours but I think that she might just be hesitant about jumping into a relationship. Your best bet is just going to be honest with her and hope she actually gives you a straight answer. Better to know than to speculate and poison your thoughts.
>>
>>17603523
This is definitely possible- she's extremely hot and rich, desu don't know why she's talking to me.
>>
>>17603513
Isn't the whole "I'm going to try and be cool and alpha and pretend like I don't care about you at all" thing a little played out?

I've enjoyed my time with her and I enjoy her as a person, I feel like it's more of a bitch move to mask that caring to try to appear some way I'm not.
>>
>>17603454
bump
>>
>>17603537
>Isn't the whole "I'm going to try and be cool and alpha and pretend like I don't care about you at all" thing a little played out?

sexual dynamics don't go through fashion phases. neediness has always been unattractive and always will be. accept it or die alone.
>>
>>17603705
neediness =/= honest expression of interest. I don't think I've been needy, nor do I really think anything I mentioned in OP as being needy.
>>
>>17603709

you need her acceptance and validation. if you didn't you wouldn't be thinking about it, or making this thread.
>>
File: 20160925_005505.png (584KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
20160925_005505.png
584KB, 1440x2560px
I have more or less the same problem myself OP.
I sent this one girl that i met at a party a friend request and she accepted.
About a week ago she sent me a message and we both started talking to each other.
She asks me my age, I tell her, and she responds with "oh crap"
Turns out we're 5 years apart.
I immediately realize that she probably just lost all interest with me just from the age difference.
We continue talking and end the conversation about half an hour later.
I think, "well, she's not interested anymore, better start looking for someone else"
But then, the very next day she messages me again to say hello and all that small talk shit.
I'm confused as fuck.
When she realized that we were 5 years apart I could feel the immediate disinterest by the way the conversation continued, so why is she messaging me again?
We continue the small talk banter for a few more minutes and I ask her what she's up to.
She doesn't respond for the entire day.
The next morning she responds and says good morning.
I say good morning and ask her how shes doing.
Again, no response for an entire day until 8 PM.
This shit goes on for an entire week, small talk and long ass stretches of no response from her.
Is she disinterested?
If so, why doesn't she just not stop messaging me?
Why no response from her for hours or days on end?
Women are fucking confusing man.

Pic is the last conversation we had yesterday and this morning.
She hasn't said anything all day.
>>
>>17603733
Forgot to mention that she said that she was upset about something so that's why I ask her what's wrong
>>
>>17603454
Some girls are weird like that. You should honestly just straight up ask if anything is possible between the two of you. Get a straight answer from her.
>>
I absolutely despise the instant response expectation culture that emerged with the advent of smartphones and mobile broadband services. If I had a smartphone myself I would leave that shit on vibrate at all times and would not even bother to check most of the time. There are threads everyday from people complaining about response times when messaging. Do we need to live 24/7 wired to our fucking phones just to show each other that we're interested? What the fuck? Niggas going crazy and making theories over the response time, fuck me...
>>
>>17603753
idc if you take a few hours to get back with me, but completely ignoring someone thanking you for a nice night out is very weird no matter how you look at it.

In person, she seems very interested and our dynamic seems equal and healthy, but in all other methods of communication I feel pressured to nag/be needy to get any semblance of interest. it's just an odd contrast imo.

>>17603733
She seems stupid, honestly, or perhaps she isn't very interested in your conversations. The "really? :)" thing just seems fucking weird. Try oto dial it back a bit with the concern- saying things like "I'd hate for you to be upset" makes you sound more like a parent than a peer.
>>
>>17603775
That's what I mean though. She is probably more similar to me in terms of how she handles her phone. Some people are just more active than others.
>>
>>17603753
I understand what your saying we're talking about days without any response from girls who throwing confusing signs.
When it comes to 2 people trying to start up a relationship and depend on their phones to communicate with each other most of the time, response times are the biggest tellers on whether or not the other is interested at all.
This doesn't mean that were wired to our smart phones 24/7, even though most people who have a job or social life should really have their phone on their person at all hours of the day.
How old are you?
>>
>>17603775
>saying things like "I'd hate for you to be upset" makes you sound more like a parent than a peer.

Damn, I thought that I was stupid for saying that.
I tend to overthink the shit out of everything I text before actually sending it and I thought that that would have been the best response but you're totally right, I sound like her damn father for goodness sake.
I'm just gonna give up on this chick.
She's way too confusing.
The only problem is that she was the first interesting girl I've met in months and I've no clue where I would meet another girl.
It sucks being an introvert anon
>>
>>17603807
It's okay man- I feel you on that. My main rule with texting (and I definitely don't always follow it, I still consider this my weakest area in terms of talking to women by far) is to try to keep things light, fun, flirty, and simple. Think of the average girl- she wants to look at her phone and either grin or type a quick reply- nobody wants to have deep convos or tell you every nuance of their day over text. Most people, unlike us, are busy.

Don;t beat yourself up just learn from it.
>>
>>17603789
20. I just never really used a smartphone in my life, just an old phone for the time, alarm or any emergency, so the need does not exist for me. I promised to myself that I would use my old phone until it breaks or I lose it too, so I'll probably change it by 2030.
>>
>>17603817
sound advice man, thanks.
i'll try it out that way for a while and see if she reacts differently and if not, i'll just have to keep searching.
>>
>>17603823
>>17603823
This is really weird.
>>
>>17603972
Now you know how I feel about everyone else and their phones.
>>
Maybe she's playin games
>>
>>17603513
You're an idiot
>>
>>17603733
yikers
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.