[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Advice?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2

File: Totally You.jpg (166KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Totally You.jpg
166KB, 1920x1080px
Hey, I'm gay. I want to come out to my parents and don't know how really. Any suggestions?

Also I'll answer most questions sent my way.
>>
>>17603263
1. why tell them
2. are you a boy or girl

Don't really have any suggestions cause I'm not the type to offer up info unless you ask. I'm an open book once you ask but until it comes up it's just random info that no one cares about
>>
>>17603263
Think about it a bit more. Depending on how your parents are, just fucking don't. I'm 20 and whatever-sexual (pansexual for all I know) for around a year. Telling my parents anything has not crossed my mind a single time, and it probably never will, unless I end up married to something that doesn't look much like a straight woman, which is unlikely. I'll tell if and only if I engage in a serious relationship where that will become self-evident if I ever take them to my parents' place.
>>
>>17603286
I'm a guy.
I feel like they should know that they produced something that won't evolutionarily succeed in any way.
>>
>>17603298
um....k
>>
>>17603309
I'm sorry that sounded cringe worthy. Now that I think about it, I don't know why I'd ever tell them. It just seems like a losing proposition to me.
>>
>>17603292
OP is only attracted to dudes so if he came out now and he got in a serious relationship in the future he'll know if it's a good idea to have his SO meet his parents.

also if they're iffy on his sexuality then a few years could soften their opinions about it. It also helps to have your parents support you in your life and sexuality is, while not as huge as SJWs make it out to be, still a pretty big part of who you are. Won't have to worry about keeping a secret either.

My advice to OP is to think about how harshly they'll take it, you don't want them disowning you.
>>
>>17603316
I think I'm still telling them. how would I go about doing it?
>>
>>17603330
Fairly certain they won't disown me. I don't live in any of the terrible states to be gay in. One of my uncles is gay, and the family seems fairly supportive of him. I just don't know how to start the conversation.
>>
>>17603332
"Mom, dad, I'm gay. Pass the potatoes"
>>
>>17603338
I'd straight up just say "Hey, uh, I'm gay, I'm only attracted to dudes, thought you should know" while doing something normal.

Do it in the middle of an activity like eating or doing a chore or in the middle of a conversation.
>>
>>17603353
>>17603339
we're being serious about how blunt I should be?
>>
>>17603263
Why do you feel the need to tell your parents you'd sexual orientation at all?
Just live your life and kf you get serious with some guy bring him home, the whole coming out is a Hollywood invention for tv and was glorified by retards who think every single thing about you should be glorufyed
>>
>>17603338
>There's something I've been meaning to tell.
>Sure son, what is it?
>I'm gay.
>*gasp*
>R-really? Since when?
cont...

Hell if I know my man, just say "I'm gay" and that's it. Still think it's better to leave it be for now.
>>
>>17603332
Did you ever stop and say why doesn't my kid tell me something incredibly personal about him I find disgusting and doesn't affect me in any real way at all?
Did you come out after your first masturbation too?
Now we have kids coming out as pansexual electro mania wich it's both a real akward thing for the parents and a memory they will regret forever looking back, the idea of convincing teenagers who haven't even figured out who they are of coming out as something they may not even be and will cause a lot of headache to their parents no less is outright cruel
>>
>>17603357
well if you're going to tell them then just do it, there doesn't need to be a song and dance
>>
>>17603381
What if OP fucked a butt
>>
>>17603386
No, OP's partner doesn't like anal. He's a bit of a pussy.
>>
>>17603391
Are you OP speaking in third person?

This is trippy man.
>>
>>17603386
Does op need his dad watching with a number one son trophy ready for when he ejaculates in man but?
>>
>>17603394
Yes
>>17603395
what the fuck.
>>
>>17603397
Just say "OP here, I...", my middle school nurse spoke in the third person and it freaked me the fuck out.
>>
>>17603397
There is some serious freaky incestual tones about speaking with your dad about wanting to fuck men
>>
>>17603397
so you're the bottom?
>>
>>17603415
Yeah.
>>17603409
I wasn't actually going to tell him. Split household, gonna tell mom tho.
>>
>>17603409
Not OP but I told my mom that I like girls and had a girlfriend.
>>
Why do gay people feel the need to "come out".. straight people don't come out so why the fuck would you make a big song and dance about it.

You're gay, so fucking what?

If you're really gay I'm sure your parents already know and if not just be casual about it.
>>
>>17603418
am I allowed to make a crack about who is the really pussy in your relationship? oh wait I kinda just did
>>
>>17603426
Because they feed off attention and coming out is one of the best ways to start getting it
>>
>>17603421
>Lesbians
Oh that's cute, remember to invite her or at least send her a letter when you get married for reals like with a man
>>
>>17603436
that's another part of why I don't know if I should do it. I don't want to look like a fucking attention whore.
>>
>>17603441
Nah I'm a guy, my point is that I don't want to fuck my mom.
>>
>>17603444
>I don't want to look like a fucking attention whore.

you mean like right this very second
>>
>>17603444
You are a fucking attention whore. I have had two close friends that have been queer. One made a big deal about coming out and shit, made sure every acknowledged her gayness, basically had mental breakdowns when people stopped caring, whole nine yards. The other one, didn't even tell us. We had to guess and then then ask him.

You can guess which one people like better
>>
>>17603450
Dads and moms aren't the same thing this is basic you ask your dad flor math homework help and you ask your mom to make you a sandwich
>>
>>17603263
Just tell them you watch Steven universe, after that you won't be able to further disappoint them.
>>
>>17603462
SU isn't THAT bad. Although I wish that they'd stop throwing filler at us and get to the plot.
>>
File: candy-cane.jpg (44KB, 571x800px) Image search: [Google]
candy-cane.jpg
44KB, 571x800px
Since no one wants to answer, the truth is they probably already know if you spent most of your time living with them. A parent will have slight ideas if their son is gay based on simple observations. That being said, ask to speak to them in private. Then tell them. It could be as simple as, "Im gay, and i just wanted you guys to know"
>>
>>17603461
I only don't ask my mom to help with math because she's awful at it but she's awful at making sandwiches too. Bless the woman though.
>>
some people have to "come out" to their parents because it's a big deal to their families. no one wants to sit down and have a conversation like their gayness is a big nasty secret.

i don't think your family is like this OP since you didn't mention any issues with coming out. if you want to confirm to them that you're gay just go "hey i'm gay". if they have issues/concerns then that's on them.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.