[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is it weird for a 20year old woman to go out with a 25 year man

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: Screenshot_20160921-085153.png (727KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160921-085153.png
727KB, 1080x1920px
is it weird for a 20year old woman to go out with a 25 year man
>>
>>17602366
No. A good rule of thumb is half your age plus seven.

Another one is the age of consent in your area.
>>
>>17602366
i'm 26, dating a 21 y/o.

i think it's far more important that the two individuals in a relationship are at similar points in life rather than the specific age. my gf and i are both about to finish our schooling and start our careers at around the same time. if i were 5 years into my career already and she were still toiling away at school then we'd have less to relate about.
>>
Not OP but is it weird for a 22 year old man to date a 25 y/o woman?

I've heard the norm is different when it comes to younger male, older female.
>>
>>17602366
It's fine. Have fun.
Don't overthink age and bullshit, it will just ruin the good experiences in life.
>>
>>17602404
It depends on if she wants kids or not. As her time is running out, her clock will kick in and her body will scream for children. You will either give them to her or she'll find someone that will.
>>
I got with my girlfriend when I was 28 and she was 22. It wasn't weird at all. I was still house sharing and working a fairly bullshit job several years after graduating university and having had and finished my own business and she was still studying and intending to do a masters.

After about a year together she moved to the city I'm in and started her masters. About a year later she moved in with me and my housemate. The following year we got our first place together, she was still studying and working part time and my career was taking off somewhat and two years after that she graduated, started a decent job and we bought a house together using the money I'd saved.

I'd say that for us, it was ideal. I had a false start with my own business and she with her masters qualification, but we both ended up at a similar point at the same time, me pushing 30+ and her her thinking about 25 and her first proper graduate job.
>>
>>17602455
Ahhh, that's a good point, I really can't see myself wanting kids in the next 5-6 years.
>>
>>17602387
That "rule" is retarded sitcom tier.

No op, there isn't even any grey area there. Nobody would bat an eye
>>
It's fine, just don't let him treat you like you were his daughter if you begin the relationship.
>>
>>17602577
On this topic it is worth saying that with my much younger girlfriend the dynamic is very much child figure w/ adult figure. Like it is crazy how much she plays the needy child personality and I play the confident adult role. She talks in a stupid baby voice and basically does the absolute minimum to contribute and I have to be this super tough bad ass who also bends her over and fucks her silly with some weird kind of fake anger and frustration. She also 'misbehaves' deliberately to push my buttons to encourage me to fuck her and act up to fulfil some kind of need for me to act in that way.

Don't get me wrong, it works, it is fun, it might not be healthy, but it is a thing. My biggest complaint it is I can rarely have any issues which require support from her and she hates anything which threatens her general comfort and easy lifestyle.

On the positive I get to feel like a real tough guy and I'm validated constantly by simply doing the basic shit that normal life requires by my estimation. I think it comes from her mother who is very manipulative and relies on the men in her life and her father who was basically 100% cuck and committed to his wife and daughters due to an insane sense of duty.

Like say I'm having a rough two weeks at work, she'll be angry at me because I'm not paying enough attention to her, Irrespective of the fact that I've basically supported her through her dad dying, her cat dying, her guinea pig dying, her changing jobs four times, her family drama, he depression and anxiety and various mental health problems.

But me? Have a tough day at work and don't entertain her with peek-a-boo level retarded shit constantly? Well I'm trying to make her life hell.

You want to watch out with that. We've all got the ability to act as a child or an adult. As someone needing care and support or as somebody needing care and support and in a healthy relationship these roles are dynamic, shared mutually between both sides and shown proper respect.
>>
>>17602549
The rule works fine, is the only reason why it would be funny
>>
>>17602623
I see what you mean when you say it works, but I just can't see myself in a relationship with someone with that level of immaturity.
>>
>>17602671
It is a double edged sword dude. On one hand, super easy feel good feels by simply being a half decent man. On the other hand completely unreasonable shitter behaviour for being at all slightly vulnerable.

Like I'm a modern man. Sometimes I want to surf the internet and play computer games in my underpants. I don't always want to be chopping firewood, working in the garden with my hands, doing DIY and repairing the car getting grease under my nails. I know during those moments she is judging me and thinking "holy shit, is he for real?", but as I said easy brownie points by simply doing some basic gardening, rolling my sleeves up and showing some arm muscles and I've got her horny and climbing up me leaving a trail like a slug.
>>
>>17602623
>>17602692

You sound pussy whipped as fuck and you girlfreind sound like a lazy piece of shit.
>>
>>17602709
I'm pretty sure in any relationship the dynamic shifts constantly between who is caring and who needs caring for. If I'm really mercenary then I keep her around because she contributes a lump of money each month towards things. If she pissed me off that badly, I'd get someone else.

Thing is, she isn't the end of the world. All relationships in my experience have positive and negative aspects. It isn't great to have somebody who is very dependent upon you, but it isn't all bad because as I said, you can score really easy points.

Like, a completely independent person who doesn't need anybody else is very difficult to please or gain validation from if you at all need validation in your relationships.

It is kind of nice to feel needed and have somebody be so grateful to have you around. Especially if like me you are so cynical and negative about basic everyday shit. Like I'd never say thank you for somebody cooking, because pfft, you either cook or you starve, but she is thankful for everything.
>>
>>17602737
>you can score really easy points.
the fact that you're trying to "score points" with an immature little girl is kind of strange. if you really are the adult in the relationship, why is she in the position of awarding points/ needing to be impressed?
>>
>>17602623
Is she still smart or is she dumb as bricks and not able to have interesting conversations? Just curious
>>
>>17602826
I think it would be nice to imagine a utopian relationship where 'scoring points' is not required.

I suppose what I'm putting into words is a simplification of the games we play, knowingly or unknowingly with other people.

I can state positions which make these games tiresome and pointless and bad, but I've found in reality people still like to play these games if they know they are doing it or not. Without these games life can feel very boring. I find most interaction a burden upon me, but I know it is necessary to avoid isolation.

If I'm the adult? I don't feel like I am truly the 'adult' or like that even is I thing. It is just temporary roles within our dynamic. I just know within our dynamic I play the role of adult quite often. She forces this dynamic by being so dependent on a child like state. I'd question the notion that the role of 'adult' even requires being in charge, implies being in charge or on top or implies being better than someone.

I've got a child state, I sometimes indulge it, I'm just a bit bitter than my relationship and the wider society around me doesn't condone or make it as permissible as it does for her.

>>17602882
She is super smart. Educated well past post graduate masters level, continuing training and personal development on a research basis and working in a pretty advanced career. Just at home she likes to act kind of like a big grown up baby and I'm supposed to act like a big tough man in response.
>>
>>17602636
Not him but there is typically a consensus among educated people that magic numbers are only used by idiots
>>
Not at all, guys being attracted to younger women is totally normal. I wouldn't even consider that much of an age difference though.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.