[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

feelsbadman

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

feminist friend asked me to leave feedback on new Uni sexual harassment prevention policy. The things she wants me to say goes against my personal values and beliefs. now I am blocked. I feel like my opinions have been harshly rejected and can't get over it.

things she wants to to say as feedback: "more protection for victims" (I think why not just protect everyone more?) "harsher punishment for the perpetrators" (prevention is more cost effective and longer lasting than perpetual punishment) "force the perpetrator to change courses instead of having victim change their course" (wat!?)

how do I regain the confidence or confirm myself that my opinions are ok. right now I feel shameful for having any opinions.
>>
You shouldn't feel bad for having differents opinions, if your feminist friend is really your friend then she'll accept what you're saying, and if she go in a rant she's neither a friend nor a feminist.
I'm also feminist but I'm more extreme in my beliefs (death sentence for the rapist if proven scientifically) and I think you're over reading what she's saying, "more protection for victims" is obviously meant to exclude perpetrators, so it include everyone who deserve protection, and I don't understand what she mean by "force the perpetrator to change courses instead of having victim change their course" but that's maybe because of my level in english
Have confidence in yourself, you're okay and your opinion are too
>>
>"force the perpetrator to change courses instead of having victim change their course"
Are we talking just accused here or actually convicted of sexual assault? Because if the latter, the guy would be in jail anyways.

>>17602087
>(death sentence for the rapist if proven scientifically)
How the fuck would you prove it scientifically? Semen in vagoo just means they had sex, it doesn't mean it was necessarily rape.
>>
>>17602070
Male anon here. Truthfully she makes one good point, but she's stupid and a credit to her stereotype for blocking you and I assume ending the friendship for having an opinion.

I had a similar experience with a vegan acquaintance. She changed drastically one day and started blocking and cursing anyone on her friend list for eating meat and not believing in the same ideals as her.

Ultimately it just looks bad on them. Don't feel bad for having an opinion. Stay strong by it.
>>
Just saying but protecting victims is kind of protecting everyone. No one is a static vicitim throughout life, it's a label that only makes sense within a specific context or situation. So it would mean that (theoretically) anyone who finds themselves intimidated or assaulted gets support... that doesn't mean protection for a specific closed off group, excluding others.

Of course that's just theoretically, I don't have the context and given the one-sided focus it would not surprise me much if she is just thinking of girls.

Anyway, just let the experience fade a bit and get new experiences (discussing opinions etc). It is normal to feel this way, the older you get the more at ease you become with your stances and the less you care how others interpret that.
>>
This is a pol-thread in disguise.
Don't talk about the merits of Feminism you tards, just the situation OP is in.

>>17602070
Don't feel ashamed just because someone disagreed with you.
Someone will ALWAYS disagree with you.
If you really need reinforcement/confirmation of your beliefs, go on a politics-themed board and talk about it there.
An echo-box would probably provide the best reinforcement. (just saying)
>>
thanks y'all
>>
>>17602087
"force the perpetrator to change courses instead of having victim change their course"
When an assault victim has the same course as the perpetrator, the victim is often advised to change course if sharing the space causes anxiety or makes it impossible to focus on the course. Changing courses, though, is just one more way the victim's life gets turned upside-down by the assault. So the idea is that it should be the perpetrator who has to leave the space, rather than the victim.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.