[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hot Laptop

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_2234.gif (739KB, 180x180px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2234.gif
739KB, 180x180px
In late august, I bought new laptop (Dell Inspiron 17 7000) model). Up until about a week ago, the fan was extremely quiet. Recently the fan is somewhat loud and the laptop feels very hot, is there anything I can do about this?
>>
Run your finger over a few surfaces around it.
Does your finger pick up any visible amount of dust?
If so then get a can of compressed air specific for cleaning electronics, put up to the vent where air comes out, and spray that fucker clean.
Also clean anywhere else on the laptop that may have dust.
>>
>>17602105
Just checked, picked up barely anything. I think I have a can of compressed air for electronics
>>
>>17602139
But the dust you picked up was visible to the eye yes?
>>
>>17602145
A few fibers, yes. I turned my laptop back on and now the fan is a bit quieter btw. (Didn't use compressed air)
>>
>>17602160
Was it running for a long time or running a program that took up a lot of computing power? (Like Skyrim on max graphics levels)
>>
>>17602200
It wasn't running for very long, and the game I'm playing and was playing at the time was 13 years old
>>
>>17602046
open it up and clean the fan. Also check to make sure the fan isn't bent and rubbing anywhere.
>>
>>17602216
I'd say keep it clean, if it's still making a lot of noise or putting out a lot of heat after a few days then take it in to a computer repair shop, have them check it out. Also back up all your important files and delete any pron before taking it into a shop
>>
>>17602218
Ok
>>17602223
Thanks
>>
>>17602046
You need to dust your shit fampai.

I did that myself before, so I don't blame you. Unplug it, disconnect the battery, unscrew one of the covers (specifically the fan) and absolutely destroy it with canned air.
>>
>>17602248
If you spray the fan then hold it in place to keep it from spinning. Otherwise it could create an electric current that could do damage.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.