[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can I get some Career advice?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 5

File: want-to-believe.png (398KB, 600x437px) Image search: [Google]
want-to-believe.png
398KB, 600x437px
I still don't know where I want to be in life.

>Managed a coffee shop throughout college
>volunteered for the MDA for years
>graduate with a degree in Finance
>get a job as an over the phone customer service rep for a financial company
>basically be yelled at for things actual reps nationwide told people AND at the very end I work would with collectible accounts so it was essentially a collections job
>apply for other divisions constantly with no results
>"You're too valuable for your current...We're looking for somebody that already has...Training opportunities for this aren't available, you need...."
>get tried of sitting all day doing nothing meaningful
>say fuck all and become a repair man for Sears
>Fix TVs, washers and dryers all day every day
>job is actually fun
>end up making more money, but it's not rewarding and everybody there 10+ years looks like they want to be shot on their next trip
>look for a career where I can be helpful
>become a 911 Dispatcher
>officers die on me
>this hasn't occurred to anyone in my city for 8 years
>everything miserable happens around me
>coworkers actually refer to me as the "Plague"
>can't handle stress and leave
>EVERYBODY is happy I'm gone
>now I'm working at a Pharmacy where my boss is my age, making less money that I was prior to even graduating from college
>and I answer to students and interns daily that are younger than me

I don't know what to do anymore. There's no passion for any work and I don't know if I'm a fit for any job either.
>>
It sounds like you're just applying to random-as-fuck jobs. Consider that there's a difference between a job and a career.

Go back into Finance, but apply for a different firm.
>>
File: 1474503692183.gif (931KB, 250x197px) Image search: [Google]
1474503692183.gif
931KB, 250x197px
>>17601719
Try getting a job with what you graduated for stop applying everywhere their hiding. As for being fulfilled go paint something get some clay make a sculptor, go buy some weed hang out with friends, go to the park feed the piguens, start looking for a gf for fuck sakes don't be a boring miserable wage slave nigger working for a shoe shine tip. Go do something get out to experience new things go to a fucken bar.

All work and no play makes OP a dull boy

>pic related is OP after cop was shot in dispatch
>>
>>17601733
I'll start apply for more Financial jobs then. Last interview I had said the five years since college was a concern and they ended up hiring somebody that was just out.

But it doesn't hurt to submit the documents and references you've already made and can edit anyways.

>>17601768
Oh, and got to go to the park daily for the dog. I have a girlfriend. And it was three cops and my freakout actually happened in the shower.

There's got to be a nice .webm of something like that too.
>>
File: 1473359503001.jpg (26KB, 336x229px) Image search: [Google]
1473359503001.jpg
26KB, 336x229px
>>17601784
Do some art, make a photo shoot with your girl? I'm sure that will spice things up for y'all. Let me browse my folder see if I have something for your freakout.

>This is as close as I can get
>>
File: 1429547487-141653860538.jpg (151KB, 1017x759px) Image search: [Google]
1429547487-141653860538.jpg
151KB, 1017x759px
>>17601790
>>
File: 1473576975084.gif (4MB, 413x232px) Image search: [Google]
1473576975084.gif
4MB, 413x232px
>>17601815
That ones great
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.