[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How the hell do I get over her?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (22KB, 215x185px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22KB, 215x185px
For 18 months I was with a girl, she was so kind, sweet and fun loving. I've always been a secretive person, I enjoy my own company and prefer to be alone usually, but for the first time in my life I found somebody that I'd honestly rather be with, than be alone.

>fall in love with a kind hearted girl who is nerdy, plays the guitar, piano and doesn't wear much makeup
>she has low self esteem but I always let her know how highly I think of her
>I take her to nice restaurants and places she's never been before and make her feel special
>she used to tell me how she thought clubs were gross and a bit sad
>she joins the gym, grows an arse and starts doing her makeup like Kylie Jenner
>wears more revealing things
>starts wanting to go clubbing every weekend, always trying to get attention on social media via selfies and whatnot
>I call her out on why she's acting so vapid and she said it's all an act to make herself feel better

We break up, days later I look at her Instagram and there she is following new guys and liking their photos. I saw her go to a club and she looked like a completely different person, like a whore really. I feel like such a mug that she went from such a nice, kind hearted girl to some sort of vapid idiot purely for attention. All the people who said I was too good for her and that I was too nice and I ignored them. I know I'm not perfect, but I feel like I filled her ego too much. She says she still loves me, but she wants time, she says she thinks about me everyday. I tried to get back with her but I just made myself look pathetic, so I've not spoken to her for about a week. I don't think she's going out and fucking anybody, but it's definitely like she's trying to get over me despite the fact we still have feelings for one another.

Since we've broken up I've spoken to people that are nicer, perhaps even considered better looking, but none of them do it for me, I just don't care, I don't even have a sex drive.

How do I get over her?
>>
Tf is she turning into a hoe and trying to get attention from others when she got you. lmao
>>
>>17601389
This is what I don't get. She never used to be like it but then she changed and clearly liked the attention. Over our relationship she had her braces removed, did her makeup better, bought better glasses and dressed differently, so I feel like her ego just sky rocketed and now she wants all eyes on her.

We regrettably broke up and I'm beginning to think she regrets it, but I just want to get over it now. I've tried already.
>>
You built her self confidence up, made her feel confident in herself and she feels she can do better. That or she wants validation from others while getting dick.
>>
>>17601175

People like feeling sexy, OP. That you call it vapid suggests you have a couple of deep seated biases. Salty food is vapid. Action movies are vapid. They're still fun though. People like having fun. Now that she is single, she can enjoy herself in ways that aren't appropriate in a relationship. It doesn't mean she isn't the person you loved.
>>
>>17601428
I think the last one is most accurate, she wanted the fun, the connection and dick, but she also wanted to know women were envious and other men wanted her.
>>
>>17601466
Fair enough, I understand that. My issue was that she liked showing herself off on social media but was almost reserved with me, it was weird, and the drastic change in her personality was almost concerning. I have my own issues and biases and I'll fully admit to that, perhaps I prefer somebody slightly more modest, which is how I am. I previously omitted the fact I caught her lying to me as well. I don't think she's a cheat and I don't think she's going around fucking guys, she isn't like that but even if she is it's out of my control, she can do whatever she likes.

Sadly, we both made our bed and it's time to sleep in it, my focus is on getting over things now.
>>
>>17601477

People change their behavior based on context because they want and expect different things from different people. That should not upset you.

Anyways, if you want to get over her, stop following her Instagram, Facebook, etc. and look to the future. Time heals all wounds.
>>
>>17601477
To move on you should stop talking about her and the situation and maybe start talking to some other girls who are modest
>>
>>17601486
>>17601489
Both good points, thank you. It's a tough one to describe, but she changed, so did I. I think a hell of a lot towards her, I won't even attempt to pretend I wasn't a dick, I really was. Every now and then I check how she is, I noticed that she has unblocked me on Instagram today which confused me, I still wish all the best for her, I don't feel anything bad towards her which I'm happy about. I guess the wound is still fresh because it's only been a couple of weeks.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.