[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I get over my self-loathing about being a 25 year old

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 8ree.jpg (122KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
8ree.jpg
122KB, 1000x750px
How do I get over my self-loathing about being a 25 year old with with only a high school education and no job?

I could actually get a career going but I can't go past the can't decide+self-loathing stage that's inhibiting me.

I don't even like any of the Uni subjects like Engineering, Science, or Math but not going to Uni and instead being a web developer sometimes gets to me. A part of me feels compelled to finish University so I can say "Hey, yeah, I AM worth something."
>>
>>17600627
You could try a trade school
>>
>>17600627
get a job, leverage the experience for a better job, leverage that experience for an even better job maybe even management, leverage that paycheck for starting a business and use the experience to succeed in running it, laugh at people with 50k in debt out of college working for the same amount of money that you make but with more potential for growth.

any more stupid questions? college is damn near worthless these days anyways. employers want experience and real world knowledge. I've interviewed a few people with decent college educations at this point for my business, none are more capable than my lowly, uneducated, stupid self. most are completely full of shit rather than useful knowledge or skills. #truth #drunkwithnofilter.
>>
>>17600627
Join the military.

It won't take away the loathing but helps you refocus your energy. 2-6 years is really not a long time in the grand scheme of things.
>>
>>17600627
How about working on skilled trades? You could get a decent job and some good money from the start.
>>
>>17600816

this, this right here
>>
>>17600627

The longer you put it off, the harder it gets.

Stop spinning your wheels in the mud and do something, regardless of how much you "like" it.
>>
>>17600627
The world will always need plumbers, electricians, bus drivers, barbers, cops, postmen, et. etc. - all honorable and well-paying professions.
>>
>>17600641
>>17600825
>>17601303

Get a trade that allows you to move across the country to different cities/areas. Once you've seen a bit of the land, think about taking courses that will add to your resume and eventually move up the chain.

I fucked around, got my electrical ticket, and just about to finish a two year technologist degree (first two years of EE)..

The degree bridges the gap between electrician and engineer. So long story short I'll be in a nice comfy office as I get older but can get out of the office when I want to.

And when I look at jobs I'm also not just looking at 'electrician' or just 'technologist' but I'm able to look at both and pick which one I like the best.
>>
>>17601789
How can I get into being a machinist or pipe fitting/pipe related jobs?

I heard they are good paying and lots of hours. It'd be cool to do while young and save up some money.
>>
>>17601807
Pipe fitting is good machinists in the us have a hard time finding work and the pay isn't what it used to be I've heard
>>
>>17600627
Nothing intrinsically has value anon, we bestow values on things based on choice, social conditioning, and culture. Your just another fucking human who only thinks they matter if they change the world or get validation from peers. Be happy anon and value the fact that can experience life while many others do not get the same opportunity.
>>
>>17601832
But how do I get into it? Do I need to know someone or go to specific courses?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.