[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fuck the navy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

File: download.jpg (23KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
23KB, 225x225px
Thinking of joining the navy? Think twice. Currently enlisted, ask me anything.
>>
>>17599730
>think twice

sounds like you were a faggot that had high expectations.
>>
>>17599730
Did they try to tell you that you were going to be a nuclear engineer or something crazy?
>>
>>17599734
No kidding. Biggest let down on the planet. Don't trust recruiters.
>>
>>17599730
are you on a submarine, otherwise what's the point? Also how much gay sex do you get?
>>
>>17599735
They tried to get me to go nuke, thank god I had to get too many waivers for it. Probably would have killed myself by now.
>>
>>17599742
No, squadron. I go on a carrier for any amount of time between one month to eight. And all of it. All the gay sex
>>
C'mon, someone ask me about duty. Or how in order to "see the world" you have work up to a month's worth or consecutive 12+ hour work days. And how once you get to port you can only spend maybe 4 days there, 1 of which is wasted on duty.
>>
File: Hornet looks better.jpg (2MB, 2100x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Hornet looks better.jpg
2MB, 2100x1500px
>Enlisted
Found your problem.
>>
>>17599753
well if you're getting appropriately pounded then what is your issue with the navy?
>>
>>17599776
Yeah no kidding. The whole fucking divide between officer and enlisted is archaic. Back in the it made sense because the divide between classes and their education was huge. Upper class could read and write and the lower couldn't even count. So it made sense to drastically promote the educated over the uneducated. But now the only thing that separates commissioned and enlisted is a college education. A degree in basket weaving will suffice for a pilot, so the education doesn't even have to be relevant. And some people are lied to when they join and become enlisted despite having a college degree. So in those cases the only thing that separates one from the other is now nullified. Wouldn't be a problem if the commissioned weren't treated collouselly better than the enlisted.
>>
>>17599787
Imagine that you have a super shitty job. You could try and create a union to cut down on unfair wages and terrible working hours. You do that in the military and it's called a mutiny, which is illegal. Also treason. Or if you just want to quit that shitty job, that's called AWOL in the service. That too is treason. So everything to keep companies in check about treating their workers like shit are non existent in the military. They can do whatever they want to you and it's illegal for you not to comply
>>
>>17599804
treated better how?
>>
>>17599820
I'm glad you asked
Enlisted: on the boat, sleeps in the same room with as many as 100 other grown men.
Officer: only has two roommates, or less.
Enlisted: eats garbage fucking food that's prepared for 3000 people at once
Officer: eats food made to order
Enlisted: shares bathroom with three times as many people as he sleeps with and takes turns cleaning it.
Officers: share a head with three times as many people he sleeps with. And the enlisted clean it

And the pay is astonishingly different
>>
>>17599846

Exactly what were you expecting to get out of it? Did you research before getting in?
>>
>>17599846
OK....

I mean it's the military. You didn't expect to have shared housing and food? Most college students have that too

And yes the pay is different, that happens everywhere
>>
>>17599852
In the spirit of honestly I must admit that I don't regret joining. I would rather kill myself than reenlist but I feel no remorse. I was in a bad spot when I joined, this got me away from home. But I hate the organization and wish someone had told me what it's really like. So to answer your other question, I did not do any research, I fully trusted the recruiter to tell me everything.
>>
>>17599730
did they try to brainwash you? im being serious, ive heard its a common thing in any branch of the military
>>
>>17599889
True, but it's hard to express how bad the living conditions are. When I sleep on the boat, up to 8 people are within 2 yards of me.
>>
>>17599905
They do, posters up everywhere trying to convince you that nobody likes people who drink or party. They tell you about how crazy bad it is on the outside and that you won't make it. Especially if you have a family.
>>
>>17599906
so what, I have a bunk bed and the next dude is an arm's length away
>>
>>17599921
>They tell you about how crazy bad it is on the outside and that you won't make it.

On the outside of the military? where you came from? You'd have to be stupid to believe it
>>
>>17599937
People get institutionalized man. Sometimes this is the first job we have.
>>
>>17599935
Yeah but you guys have your own room right? We have a giant room with 100 other people. No dressers, no closets, no doors
>>
Another shitty thing is witnessing the extreme misuse of government tax dollars. The navy seriously needs to be investigated. So much money is wasted on inefficiency and superfluous bullshit
>>
>>17599776
How do I get to be a fighter pilot if I'm 20 right now?
>>
Ive been in the army and likewise my experience was terrible. I expected more along the lines of mercenary/super army style, but all we did was march all fucking day, do pushups with bad form, stand around, listen to unmotivated college dropouts or people with inferior complex that now have a say over you and eat shitty food. And the most you get is five fucking hours of sleep per night.
FUCK OFF.

That was basic training. What follows then heavily depends on the unit you got assigned to or signed up for.

>>17600064
Basically what this guy said. I live in germany and was in a pilot training hub. Apart from the pilots frequently training, pretty much 90% of the barracks was a bunch of middle ranks or retarded low ranks drinking coffee, filling out retarded papers each and every day and waiting for their glorious retirement.

What a farce and what a waste of state money.
>>
>>17600070
If that's worth it to then do it. I'm not saying it doesn't have cool shit about it. But it's watered down with five hour breifs and shitty airplanes maintained by shitty mechanics
>>
File: flight suit.jpg (64KB, 704x480px) Image search: [Google]
flight suit.jpg
64KB, 704x480px
>>17600118
I'm not in college right now; I'm in welding school. I was thinking once I start working I could also go to school and get a physics degree at the same time, but I know that selection for pilots is extremely restrictive and was wondering if there'e a better way to do it. If it makes any difference at all, I live in Hampton Roads, so I am probably going to get picked up a company that contracts for the USN pretty soon
>>
>>17600137
Fuck you. This board is about not joining the navy. But also I have no idea how to become an officer or pilot because I'm enlisted
>>
I joined. Spent a year in. Before i was kicked out for having a nervous break down.

I was hyped the fuck up on redbulls and had no sleep what so ever.

And then they wonder why people are failing PT tests when there are three pizza places on base and all vending machines only sell monsters.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.