[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

since so many people are talking about relationships...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: 5876390-16x9-940x529.jpg (48KB, 940x529px) Image search: [Google]
5876390-16x9-940x529.jpg
48KB, 940x529px
From what I've experienced, sharing ownership of a bed with your partner is not a positive experience. It's great to lie in bed with your partner, but actually sharing the bed has drawbacks. For starters, one or both of you might need to tell the other, "Shut up, I'm falling asleep." Sensitive people might start to feel overwhelmed by their partner's constant, presence and want to put their back to them.

Secondly, you lose your own bedroom. Most couples who can afford a one-bedroom apartment can afford a two-bedroom apartment together. Almost every time I look at a couple's bedroom, the less apathetic one is dominating how the room looks. Having rooms to design and decorate yourself is very important, and probably has been for many thousands of years.

There's nothing saying that having separate bedrooms would mean less love, less sex, or less interest in being around each other. If anything, separate bedrooms might lead to more of these things. I can see why couples, especially "serious, romantic" couples would want to see each other every day. I think having time away from someone is the basis of desiring to be around them. If they loom over every conversation, and are always at arm's length, don't you expect things to get boring and die down?

pic related: very staged
>>
>>17599055

ever heard of an one-night stand?
>>
OK.
>>
>>17599055
On more than one occasion my wife has slept on the couch because of my snoring. It's gotten better so it happens less.

Funny thing is she snores as much as me (I think) but I just like hearing her next to me as I lay in bed.

And personally I don't care how she decorates the bedroom. I do three things in there... sleep, sex and get dressed.
>>
>>17599075
good post

>>17599072
yeah. what does that have to do with this?

are you guys those ppl who think that separate beds means the two are not in love or that the man is a cuck?
>>
>>17599087
I don't do much in any room. Sometimes I get paid and/or praised for doing "things," but I'm usually just digesting food and breathing.
>>
>>17599055
You might get annoyed in the beginning but it goes away in my experience. My boyfriend is the loudest snorer and before I could never fall asleep but now I don't mind it at all. Things I didn't enjoy become more enjoyable because I can do things for him, like spoon him to make him happy, or hold him as he falls asleep. It's definitely a positive experience for us (4 yrs together).
>>
>>17599101
also I generally don't buy things he thinks are ugly and he generally doesn't buy things I think are ugly. Decoration is about compromise. It's not that big of a deal to find something you both like, unless you're wildly different and completely stubborn.
>>
File: 2015-10-07-17-08-46.png (2MB, 1061x1066px) Image search: [Google]
2015-10-07-17-08-46.png
2MB, 1061x1066px
Guys how do I tell him I'm upset and getting fed up without sounding crazy.(Early 20's)
Background info
> dated for 2 years
> he broke up with me but 8 months later we got back together
> only saw him twice though because he's living out of state for school.
> will see him probably 5 times until summer. 3 hour drive
> I've told him a couple times that I wanted to talk on the phone. Never calls
> it's been a month of us back together and I just feel overly clingy since we barley talk and I hate it.
> little interest in talking with me
> we're not facebook official not that it should bother me but cmon. It says we're both single. .
Inb4 he's cheating or whatever the case is how do I go about confronting him.
I want things to work out but this really sucks. I want to feel wanted I guess
>>
>>17599055
I don't have the same experience.
I've been living with my boyfriend for 4 years, sleep together every night.
I really like sleeping next to him. It's intimate and comforting to share the bed with him.
I like waking up next to him, morning sex, or cuddling up next to him if I had a bad nightmare.
We actually have two spare bedrooms, but we like sleeping with each other.

I never experienced any of the things you list as possible drawbacks.
We have our routine - we cuddle up in bed, put a podcast on, and when he's tired he tells me and we sleep. Neither of us got offended.
We discussed about the furniture of the bedroom. It shows both our tastes.
And we have lives. Our time in bed is for us. We leave the phone on the kitchen table and we talk about our day.
Sleeping together has very little to do with spending time together.
It just sounds like a shit relationship.
>>
>>17599055

>he thinks that humans have had their own bedrooms for thousands of years

it was common to share your bed with your entire family you tard.
>>
>>17599121
>sounds like a shit relationship
Maybe, but I haven't wanted to be around someone 24/7 since I was in high school and trusted people.

I can understand being indifferent to it, but personally I think time apart makes being together more interesting, and think that people should go all the way in decorating their space to reflect what they're really into.
>>
>>17599125
you should up your reading comprehension and grasp of logic before calling people tards
>>
>>17599128
We don't spend 24/7 together.
We have jobs, families, hobbies, friends, life. Spending time together in bed at night is our moment to be together.
Also - most people do not care all that much about decoration. We just agreed on what we like and need. Our room shows his taste and mine.
>>
>>17599108
here's your answer
>>
>>17599148
it's a little bit unreasonable to say that every relationship where you'd rather sleep alone is bad, or that "people don't care about decorations"

instead I can acknowledge the difference of personalities here
>>
>>17599159
If you're not able to compromise about something small like decoration, I can't imagine how awful your relationship is.

I haven't said that every relationship were you'd rather sleep alone is shit, but if you cannot say "hey, it's time so sleep" or that you don't enjoy spending time together your relationship has issues.
>>
nah fuck that

i like sleeping next to my girl
>>
>>17599172
I'm not even in a relationship. Are you gonna tell me that's because I have issues? You active, agreeable (to those in your circle) people are always the same, especially the females. Always so obsessed with there being one better truth than another, and being on the safest side of the debate. You could simply disagree, but your need to promote yourself as having an above-average almost everything prevails.
>>
I knew OP opened the thread just because he's bitter and needs someone to tell him it's ok to be bitter.

Sad.
>>
>>17599188
I do think you have some level of issue if you cannot do something as simple as spending time with your partner or communicate to them your needs.
It's not about my inability to do so, I am just pointing out how it is unhealthy.
I also disagreed and pointed out the reasons why.
No need to be bitter or angry.
>>
>>17599055
Why is it important to design and decorate rooms? My bedroom is just four white walls and a bed.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.