[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am retarded or something

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: 012.png (47KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
012.png
47KB, 184x184px
Fourth year university, failing classes, taking adderall, hating myself.

So I live a pretty nice life, but here in college I struggle SO much that I am beginning to think I am retarded. I am a STEM major, doing Biology and that usually goes pretty well. But the mathematics behind the chemistry and the bio-statistics I just don't understand. Not just the typical "oh, math just isn't your strong suit" kinda dealio, I simply cannot do this kind of stuff. I can't tell you how many times I have cheated or plagiarized my math tests (and that's only cause I cannot add). My whole schooling experience has been riddled with me crashing and burning during math or math-related courses, falling into a depression, almost killing myself, getting help, going back to school, and then repeat.

I have done a lot to improve myself. I work out, eat my fruits and veggietales, talk to pretty girls (and guys), work to pay my own bills, wear decent clothes, decorate my apartment in a sorta Nantucket-mancave blend. But the one thing I cannot improve, despite the medicine and extra work I put in, is my fucking retarded brain.

I do not want to crash and burn again. I don't want to put my family through all this shit for nothing. They worked hard to get me here and only now I realize I am a fucking retard. What can I do to stop being so fucking retarded?
>>
>>17598961

ur taking cocaine. try not taking cocaine. aderall is cocaine.

and while it should supposedly help focus its also COCAINE. imagine ifa coke head said 'I DONT UNDERSTAND WHATS WRONG I EAT FRUITS AND VEGGIES AND PAY MY BILLS AND TALK TO PRETTY GIRLS BUT I AM FAILING SCHOOL NO MATTER HOW MUCH I SNORT'.
>>
>>17598988
nah, it ain't like that.

I only just started taking adderall cause some neuropsychologists told me I have ADHD and that it'll help. Before then, everything was the same. I have been on adderall for only 6 months. Do you know of another tip though?
>>
>>17598961
this is eerily similar to me (minus the druggos). im wanting to major in Mechanical Engineering or Physics. Im a freshman though. i am very hesitant because ive never really been good at the school stuff but i feel pressured into getting a degree because its all people in the industry care about.
>>
Hey OP I have massive sympathy believe me, i've been in your shoes more than once and if i knew you in person i would give you a hug.

At the same time, do you realize that there are better ways to earn a good living than STEM? Even accounting, for instance, isn't heavily mathematical (it's just boring and tedious).

Of course, the trades pay well, but perhaps that's not your bag.

Good luck OP. Don't kill yourself. Please :)
>>
File: xuajpgp.jpg (92KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
xuajpgp.jpg
92KB, 640x480px
>>17599019
Thank you for the sympathy! I appreciate it.

I am doing Bio because I do have a real passion for it, especially when it comes to the welfare of aquatic life in the Midwestern United States (my focus). It isn't so much earning a good living that I want, but rather I want to do something that I feel is important and noble.

I don't think I am shooting too high, its just water and fish and shit, but the requirements to get through this university feel so difficult for me. Everyone else seems fine, apparently I am the only one crying over their grades at this place
>>
>>17599060
nice project m pic
>>
Kek bio majors are fucking gay

Also wtf kind,of math are,you struggling with in chem? If,youre 4th year you should at least be taking organic chem and there is no math in that course

t. Chem grad student
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.