[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Video Game Addiction

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1472317917007.webm (3MB, 962x720px) Image search: [Google]
1472317917007.webm
3MB, 962x720px
So I'll try to be on point
>23yo
>played games almost daily since i was 3-4yo
>it's all i know of, the only subject i can discuss, i have no other skills in any other subject
>still like games despite them often depressing me with thoughts about how much of my life i've been wasting etc, but i have general depression as of some years now for many reasons

After that background, here's the reason that I started this thread
>probably have asbergers, hasn't been confirmed but i'm on some queue for investigation
>immerse myself WAY TOO MUCH into games
>literally WAY TOO MUCH
>literally can't enjoy games if i can't self insert into the characters i play in some way - not in appearance but in character
>for instance i can't play a class in WoW without having to justify the class fitting me as a person at the moment, and then i have to make dozens of excuses of why i could fit like one in real life even though i'm fully aware that it could never happen

>for example, if i want to try to play a warrior class, i have to convince myself that i could live with a strong, frothing berserker-personality
>i'd have to to be able to wear heavy plate armor and large weapons in real life
>i'd have to make sure to act more angry and tough in all situations, because the stoic warriors in this game use rage as a resource
>AND when i do get into this mindset, i can't touch anything else until i get tired of the option i had picked (here: warrior), because then everything else doesn't fit me personally
>>
So I mean... help? What the fuck is wrong with me and why can't I think rationally? Noone, including psychologists, that I've tried to talk to about this thinks I'm being serious.
It worries me to the point of where I think I should quit videogames. But I still love them and keep coming back shortly after every time I've tried to cold turkey it.
>>
>>17598870
Become a video game tester. Learn to bitch and moan about every little glitch and bug and you'll be good.
>>
>>17598870
bump
>>
Don't know how to help, sorry, bump
>>
>>17598870
get out of the ride before it's too late.

>it's all I know
>it's all I ever do
>it's all I ever see
>no social life because I can't find anybody who actually wants to sit down and play old boring games with me
>>
I don't get your question.
>>
>>17598877
This is a hard problem.

I've definitely been addicted to video games. Part of it is hard in RPG settings because you really attach yourself to your character. You spend so much time with a character, it makes sense to have an emotional connection to your characters success, and as this connection grows, you want to experience it more. It's a perpetuating cycle which is why MMOs are terribly addicting to some folks.

The only thing you can do it play less addictive games and go out more. Once you find happiness in real life you wont be interested in the virtual world as much. Binging once in a while is fine to get it out of your system, but after so long it becomes an addiction that interferes with life.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.