[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I tell my date that I'm a social retard?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: 1469387240434.jpg (56KB, 448x609px) Image search: [Google]
1469387240434.jpg
56KB, 448x609px
>female, 20, social anxiety disorder, never been in a serious relationship
>meet a guy at the gym
>talk myself into talking to him the first day I see him, just because I know how hard it is to start working out in public even if you're just a bit overweight (which he is)
>oh no. He's actually kind of cool, and funny, and smart, and not bad-looking
>after a few weeks of doing cardio next to him between weight reps, psych myself up enough to ask him out
>he says yes
>so happy I want to throw up
>realize I only ever talked to him about college, exercise and food
>realize that college, exercise and food are about the only things I can talk about without spilling my spaghetti
>he's, like, 24 and is a sound engineer
>I practically live in the gym and just want a job where I don't have to talk to anyone
>date's tonight and I really don't want to have to resort to writing out note cards of conversation topics and practicing talking to a mirror to avoid making an ass out of myself
>the most I'll probably be able to manage is convincing myself I'm not going to fuck it up (crying optional)

Should I keep pretending to be normal, /adv/? Do you think the ruse will last? Or should I just out myself as a robot and hope he doesn't run away?
>>
File: 1455256528549.png (137KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1455256528549.png
137KB, 300x300px
>>17598837
be honest, just be like, "sorry i'm a bit weird, I'm not a huge social person" If they dump you for that, they're superficial cunts that you wouldn't want to date anyway.

>he's an engineer
Literally every engineer I know (they go to NJIT) are social retards, you'll group in just fine
>>
>>17598837
Don't pretend or act (exhausting), but also don't put any focus on it. No point in telling.
>>
He is a guy and you're a girl, how socially retarded you are does not matter in the short run.

Should be fine because being quirky and weird can be attractive as long as you are not a complete sperg or bitch.
Long term such as a relationship it could be alright because by the time you start acting like yourself he should have his mind made up if you belong.
>>
I don't think he'll mind. Socially retarded girls are cute and harmless. What guy doesn't like that?
>>
>>17598837
That address is wrong, that is were Garson Law's office is. I drove past it a few months ago.
The right address is
4340 East-West Hwy, Suite 350
Bethesda, Maryland 20814
which is nearby. Makes me wonder if this picture is just outdated, or some sad Internet joke.
>>
File: not sure if fry.jpg (6KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
not sure if fry.jpg
6KB, 200x200px
>>17598922
>>
You're a woman, the guy won't care.
>>
>>17598888
>I don't think he'll mind.

Maybe he won't. But I will. When I say something wrong and have to fumble my way through saying what I actually meant, or get caught in a situation I'm not expecting and get nervous, or get caught in a situation I am expecting and get nervous (Back in high school, I had to weasel my way into always having gym at the end of the day because even the idea of changing clothes around other people, much less showering near them, would make me want to throw up. I like to think I'm doing better now. I can at least change and shower in the locker room at the gym without freaking out so long as no one tries to talk to me) I don't feel cute or funny. I just feel stupid. I don't want to be pandered to. I don't want to be patronized. I just want a guy I like not to think I'm a pod person who needs someone to play therapist for them.
>>
If you managed to talk about college, exercise and food without spilling your spaghetti I don't see why you shouldn't be able to talk about other stuff too. Don't overthink it. Also,
>sound engineer
>gym newbie
>overweight
You know how people say rats are more afraid of you than you are of them? It's the same deal here, if you're /fit/ and have a decent face he probably sees you as a goddess. Most male engineers don't interact with a lot of women, especially fat ones. I wouldn't be surprised if he's anxious as fuck about making an ass out of himself at your date.

He more than likely won't notice your autism at all, so remember that you're your own worst critic.
>>
>>17598837

To be honest, if I were him, I would find everything about the situation charming. It says quite a lot about how a girl feels about you if she's the one worrying about dropping her spaghetti around you.

I'm somewhat jealous of him. I haven't had a girl make me feel that way in a long, long time.
>>
>>17598837
tl;dr but I'm going to respond anyway
No one likes people who are overly arrogant, or overly self-deprecating, neither are attractive.
Though I'd say arrogance is more attractive than self-deprecation
>>
Yea if you're a girl it literally doesn't matter.

Most girls start off by talking about whatever social disorder makes them a special snowflake.

You know rightly that if he doesn't lead conversation and entertain you sufficiently you'll never talk to him again.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.