[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I used to be a gamer. I spent 3-4 hours a night on MMORPGs or

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3

File: cat_dreams-773158.jpg (173KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
cat_dreams-773158.jpg
173KB, 1920x1200px
I used to be a gamer. I spent 3-4 hours a night on MMORPGs or strategy games, had a $4,000 Steam library, owned the latest consoles, and occasionally would do things like 30-minute Mario 64 speed runs for fun

Despite that, I always valued responsibility over games. If I had homework I did it first. If I had a job I went to work first.

As time has gone on I've gained more responsibilities and my time has slowly disappeared. I now have a yard to mow, a business to run, a house to clean, I help my wife with her homework, every weekend I'm asked to attend some social outing, I regularly spend about an hour cooking a nice meal since it's cheaper than eating out, I make time to exercise so I don't get too fat since my 9-5 job has me sitting in a chair all day,...

As a result I haven't had time for games. In the last two years I've only played idle games like Clicker Heroes

I tried to get back into games a few times but I just find them stressful now. I tried playing Overwatch most recently and every minute I just feel like something isn't getting accomplished.

Last night my wife was on TeamSpeak talking to some friends and she suddenly realized I don't game anymore. She turned to me and asked why I don't, then proceeded to berate me and demand I play games "because she married a gamer". I tried turning on Skyrim to humor her but over the course of the opening cut scene I had to pause the game 3 times because she asked something of me ("come look at this homework problem", "go swap over the laundry", "make sure the cats are fed") - then when she realized I hadn't gotten past the cut scene she asked if I was even interested in playing anymore.

I thought about it and I don't know what I'm interested in anymore. I used to always have something I WANTED to do, so that when I wasn't busy I knew how to spend my time. Now when I'm not busy I stare at a wall because I've forgotten what I enjoy.

Is this a normal part of growing up?
>>
File: 1474625169085.jpg (36KB, 362x459px) Image search: [Google]
1474625169085.jpg
36KB, 362x459px
You don't have time which made you very rusty.

Your wife's interruptions and pressure to play video games is not putting you in the right mood.

You probably had a better environment to play where life didn't have so much hassle and thus you could enjoy your vidya games in peace. That is gone now, hence why you feel like you can't get into it.
>>
>>17598008
>Is this a normal part of growing up?
Yes and no. Lots of people find that their responsibilities take over from the things that they enjoy.

You need to make sure that you are making time to enjoy yourself and relax or you are going to burn out.
>>
File: grownups.png (73KB, 700x231px) Image search: [Google]
grownups.png
73KB, 700x231px
>>17598008
No one forced you to get a house or several cats. You've feature creeped your own life and now you're complaining about how it's a bloatware. If you want to have more quality time you need to live a simpler life.
>>
>MMORPGs
>Skyrims

try not playing shit, I found that I don't play vidya like I used to, but I'm finding it's not about having no time it's that most of these games are the same and it's hard to drum up interested for the same shit.

Turn on a fighting game and I'm good to go though, maybe even DMC, I could even go for a nice SMT title.

fuck skyrim, that shit is so boring
>>
>>17598008
Sounds normal to me OP. Your circumstances have changed and so have you. If you cant find joy in games maybe seek something else? Maybe those addictive shows on netflix, exercise or something along those lines.

Just be thankful you are where you are. Cause many gamers due to poor time investment dont end up very cushy in the end. Less they are software engineers.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.