[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Roommate woes pt.?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1471167826050.jpg (72KB, 610x620px) Image search: [Google]
1471167826050.jpg
72KB, 610x620px
Some of you might remember me. I was the anon that posted a while ago about a roommate I was having problems with. It was stuff like she hasn't trained her dog and keeps him in a kennel, then it's that she's loud and has people over all the time, then she leaves dishes out and we've gotten a collection of gnats, now...

It's pretty much gone from annoying to Baghdad.

Part 1/?

So, this happened earlier tonight. Right now I'm at my mother's house with my cats all up in my shizz (unrelated to what happened).

It's a long story. But to sum it up, I had to leave for the weekend and needed to do laundry. My roommate... We'll call her Jessica, to protect the "innocent"... Jessica has been doing laundry for days, now, and I haven't been able to do a single load. So, today at around 1pm, I asked her to do her laundry so I could do mine because I had to leave. She said that it would take a while because the dryer isn't working (it hasn't worked since day 1, we haven't gotten maintenance in to fix it even though notes have been left) and I asked her to get it started so I could do mine. She said 'okay', I said 'thank you', and I thought that was that.

I came back around 7pm, and I would leave in less than 4 hours. So I go to do the laundry... And hers is still in there. It's been 6 hours since I asked, and I didn't want to text her. She wasn't there, apparently she was at WalMart. So I took her clothes out of the washer and put them on top of the dryer. Not in the trash, not on the floor, on top of a clean dryer.

Jessica didn't like that. I heard her come home, and after like 10 minutes or so I went to check on the laundry.

Lo and behold, in front of my door sits a white trashbag full of my laundry, soaking wet. There's practically a river of water leading from the washer to the trash bag in front of my door.

cont...
>>
>>17597404
Part 2/?

So of course I'm pissed. I'm pretty much shaking with how mad I am. I have a small brain tumor (not deadly, just annoying) and if I become stressed it's magnified greatly in my actions. My voice becomes super shaky and I have no control over it. So I left a jittery message at the office for them to call me back (since this isn't the first problem I've had with her), and then I texted my roommate.

In short, it was pretty much 'what is your problem, I have to get this done and I've been waiting for 6 hours'... To which she responded 'i told you not to touch my stuff' (To sum up this nonsense, she keeps an ugly ass ceramic spoon on the stove, which I moved to her side of the counter while I cooked, and didn't put it back in the center of the stove)...

She came in the front door and I just fucking lost it, guys. I have been putting up with her being loud, having people over until 2 am, leaving her dog unattended and barking all the time... In like 5 seconds we were both screaming at each other.

Should I have yelled? No. Did I make a mistake by losing my shit? Yes. Did she scream back at me? Absolutely.

It was pretty much a back and forward of me saying how I was tired of waiting for her to get this done and needed to take care of my stuff, and she screamed at me about how I wasn't supposed to touch her things and that I should wait for her to get her laundry done. That 6 hours doesn't matter. There was some dumb shit said, but nothing severe.

Then she held up her phone, and apparently she had been facetiming with some guy. He looked older, so it might have been a relative. To which she said, "you see what I have to put up with?"

Guys, I don't leave my room when I'm there. I stay in my room to eat, even. The only "altercation" we might have had was the night before when she had the TV volume blasting and I asked her to turn it down so I could write papers. She said "okay", I said "thank you", and there were no problems.

cont...
>>
>>17597419
Part 3/?

Then she says something very interesting. She tells me that if I ever touch her things again, then she's going to throw away my things in the dumpster. I asked her if it was a threat or a promise, to which she replied 'it's whatever you want it to be'.

Soooo by now we've gotten into a stupid screaming match that accomplished nothing, which I'm willing to own up to I got loud first. It was immature, but it happened. I lost it. And now she's threatened property damage.

That's just an update for where we're at right now.

Following that, I put my clothes back in the washer and spun them dry, and told her that she needed to take her clothes out of the dryer so I could do mine. And she tried to blame me for breaking the dryer. The dryer hasn't worked since day 1, I've put in notices about it but no one has come out to check on it. Dunno why. Apparently that means I broke it.

At this point I'm so pissed I'm shaking again. And I told her that if the floor gets water damage, then that's her fault... And she says, 'you did that'. So, apparently I also grabbed my soaking wet laundry out of the washer and plopped it in front of my door. Apparently that's my fault.

One more update, since we're about to hit a grand slam, here: She's threatened to destroy my property, she's blamed me for breaking something I didn't break, and she's trying to put the blame on me for the wet floor.

cont...
>>
>>17597434
Part 4/? (almost done, I think)

I told her that she has 3 minutes to move her clothes before I move them for her. I told her that I was going to move them to the top of the dryer. Not the trash, not the floor, a clean surface.

So Jessica comes out from her room and points her iphone at my face. Like, 15 inches away. I ask if she's recording, and she says that I record, so why can't she? (For the record, I've been taking pictures of the food mess she leaves in the kitchen so I'm not responsible for the damages. I don't even really use the kitchen aside from boiling water. There was an open pot of grease left out for 2 days. We already have like swarms of gnats in the apartment). By this point I'm exhausted, I got 3 hours of sleep and I'm over this bullshit.

Aaaand of course here's Jessica, "oh, your tone changed! I wasn't screaming, you were!" So I'm sure that somewhere on social media there's a crappy cell phone video of a fat girl losing her goddamned mind, cursing and screaming over waiting for six hours in a cramped laundry room.

...Do I have room for the kicker? Nah, one more post then I think that's it.

cont...
>>
>>17597443

So, there's a minute detail that I didn't bring up, because it bore no relevancy until now: Jessica's black. She's like in-between what I would call ghetto and ghetto-adjacent. She's loud, she's inconsiderate, she's dirty, she's bossy... But I could at least avoid her until today.

We got to the part of the catfight where it was the petty shit, right? And somehow we got on the subject of her not cleaning and leaving a mess of the kitchen. Aaaand to which she said, "because black people all get roaches". In that sarcastic, implying tone.

We've never addressed race, much less commented on it. It doesn't fucking matter, and I told her to cut the shit that's not what it's about. To which Jessica replies, 'you were the one that brought it here'.

So, at the end of the day in Jessica's POV, I've broken a dryer, I've created water floor damage, aaaand apparently I'm racist because I value cleanliness. Also my property has been threatened.

So, I gave up. I was done. I took my clothes and dried them when I got to my mother's house (dryer's broken anyway, right?)... My mother acts as my advocate because of my tumor and what it does to me, it counts as a disability. I haven't told her about what happened yet because she was exhausted tonight, so I will tell her tomorrow.

I e-mailed the office and pretty much told them the same thing as I did you guys, just in a much more refined tone. I pretty much demanded action, since they've been passive so far. I pay nearly $700 a month to live there (in the city for college it's a joke how expensive it is) and they need to do something about this.

I've been seriously considering going to the police and filing charges for threat to destroy property. What do you guys think? Would I have a case if this happened? It might be a violation of her lease, since she's threatened me, but I don't know how that works.

Thoughts? Suggestions? I'm curled up with mah one eye kitty loving life right now.
>>
>>17597404

That's a lot, but really you got three
options.

1) Suffer out your lease, and move out
2) Find a subletter to take over your lease
3) Explain the situation to the landlord and beg them to let you out of your lease.

There's a small level of compromise in a roommate situation and past that it has to be a dealbreaker. You can't turn a shitty roommate into a good one. All you can do is tell them what bugs you and hope they act better.

I also don't know what complaining to the office is going to do. If she is in violation of her lease for damage to the apartment then so are you most likely. Shit she does to the apartment you're responsible for too.

The police aren't going to do anything about "threats to destroy property". You can try to get them to write something down just in case it happens, but even if she throws all your shit out she'll probably just get charged a misdemeanor and best case scenario is you have to spend a lot of time taking her to court for damages.

Shit sucks but that's the reality of living with other people.
>>
>>17597543
Well, I contacted the office because the manager is getting married and is 8 months pregnant. She takes Fridays off to deal with that. The office I contacted will forward the e-mail to the second in command, who I don't know. If I knew who they were, I would send them the complaint directly.

Making threats is part of a lease violation, which makes me wonder if they will evict her for that. The apartments I live in are student apartments, you have to take college classes to be there, and the rules are still pretty much the same structure, but some of them are different-- For example, if there's a threat made against you, it may qualify as an instant eviction.

Of course I admitted to the office that I blew my lid, because I would be an idiot not to. And I know enough to admit where I fucked up. I'm just praying they either nullify my contract so I can find somewhere else or they kick her out.

I don't really want to go to the cops. It's too much fucking hassle. But if something happens where we're living together after this, then I will put it on record.

Thank you for your input and options. It's actually kind of reassuring that people are reading my brick walls of text.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.