[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

breaking up with suicidal bf

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 7

File: 19.gif (152KB, 400x267px) Image search: [Google]
19.gif
152KB, 400x267px
whenever I try to break up with my boyfriend he tries to kill himself and manipulates me into staying with him. what are some ways I can break up with him while ensuring he won't kill himself? pls help
>>
File: 1474496907539.png (491KB, 704x503px) Image search: [Google]
1474496907539.png
491KB, 704x503px
>>17596736
You don't. He won't off himself if he is only trying to control you.
If you feel insecure about what he might do tell his family and friends to keep an eye on him, then break up and make a disappearing act. If he ends up killing himself then just remember one less douchebag gets to walk around spreading his germs and stupidity.
>>
Dump him and get away from him, block his number, what he's doing is abuse and it's hurting you. Stand up for yourself and leave him now.
>>
You leave him. Report him to family, friends, and police. If he does an hero then it's not on you.
>>
>>17596736

Can't kill himself if you kill him first.
>>
>>17596771
thats fucked up
>>
>>17596746
>You don't. He won't off himself if he is only trying to control you.
This isn't quite 100% certain (though it is very nearly so). But even if he does kill himself, this is not your problem. You have the right to leave, and you cannot fairly be held responsible for his inability to handle that.

I'm sorry. I know this sounds heartless. But you are being abused. It may take a little heartlessness to get out. It is no worse than everything he has done to you, and probably far gentler. His fragility is his problem. Not yours.
>>
>>17596779

Do you even know where you are right now
>>
>>17596766
This. Trust me, this isn't fair to you. I've been in this situation before. He started texting me pictures of a rifle he bought and threatened to kill himself on my front lawn. Be prepared for him to call you an attention whore and even have the cops blame you for "breaking his heart" though.
>>
The above advice is good advice. You cannot be responsible for what he does, whether you're his partner or no. It is actually not in your power to make him hurt himself or to prevent him from hurting himself. It is entirely up to him, and the fact that he is trying to place the responsibility for his actions on your shoulders is 100% fucked-up and abusive.
>>
thanks everyone for the advice. I know what I have to do now.
>>
>>17596805
Wait. Think a moment for a second and ask why you want to leave him and accept that he would probably make a few attempts.
>>
>>17596805
>>17596812
No dont do this, get the fuck out of there OP before it gets worse.
>>
You are not Jesus Christ, OP. you are not obligated to love everyone, save everyone, and die on a cross for whoever asks. you are a human being, and you need love and comfort of your own.

this guy has a problem, and it has nothing to do with you. if you can't handle this mess, then go for help. call his parents, the police, your parents, anyone who has any authority in your life.

He doesn't love you, he loves control. trust me, if it wasn't you, it would be some other girl. there is something fucked up in his head, and abusing and controlling you is therapy. its like his leg has been cut off and is bleeding, but abusing you makes it not hurt so much.

if you care about him, LEAVE HIM. get him help. and probably get yourself some help, too
>>
File: 1474123716746.png (125KB, 500x548px) Image search: [Google]
1474123716746.png
125KB, 500x548px
>>17596812

Fuck this noise. If she's tried to leave him multiple times, and given him multiple chances, he's lost the privilege. He could have fixed it but he didn't.
>>
i cant do it
i tried
;_;
>>
Read

:https://7chan.org/lit/src/Robert_Glover_-_No_More_Mr_Nice_Guy.pdf

You're dating a NiceGuyâ„¢ learn more about here. Knowledge is power you little heartbreaker you
>>
>>17597182
>i cant do it
>i tried
>;_;
OP, is that you?

Ghosting is a cruel practice. It should only be used when escaping abusers, and even then acknowledged as a lesser evil that one does to survive, rather than a good thing.

But that is exactly what you would be doing. You are being abused. You need to get out. Ghost the fucker. Block him on everything. Move if you have to. If he tries to go through friends, tell them what he's done. This is about your own survival now.
>>
you can keep being his bitch or you can move on with your life knowing it isn't working out.

he can seek mental help or kill himself.
the more you make yourself care the more he's going to probably use it against you if he has a history of it.
>>
>>17596736
>be depressed
>turn suicidal
>hate myself
>literally only one person there for me
>only reason why I havent offed myself yet
>she dumps me
>blocks my number
>literally nothing left
>off myself

You are going to kill him. If you can live with that then leave him.
Dont let the faggots crying hes abusive. They have no idea what its like to be in his situation. Hes desperately trying to hold on to the one thing he has going for him. So yes hes going to try to manipulate you into staying because its either that you him killing himself.
If you dont care for him and whether or not he lives, leave him. That simple.
>>
>>17597937
>You are going to kill him.
She will do nothing of the sort. He has had ample time to prove that he does not intend to die. How many failed attempts is it now, probably all using the same proven-ineffective method? This isn't suicide, it's theater.

>Dont let the faggots crying hes abusive.
But he IS being abusive. He may or may not intend to be, but the effect is the same regardless. It's killing her, and she's got the right to get out of it. She is not under any obligation to set herself on fire just to keep him warm.

>They have no idea what its like to be in his situation. Hes desperately trying to hold on to the one thing he has going for him.
Has anyone here claimed otherwise? He IS, in fact, desperately holding onto one last thread, but it's not keeping him alive: it's keeping him enabled.

>So yes hes going to try to manipulate you into staying because its either that you him killing himself.
I don't think so. Not after this many failef attempts. It's not stay with her or die: it's stay with her or change. But change is what he needs. And not being in this toxic relationship is what she needs.

And, I suspect, what you need. I recognize your "love tolerates abuse" bullshit; you're a regular here, aren't you? I don't know if you're an abuser trying to empathize with other abusers, or an abuse victim trying to empathize wth your own abuse, or just some kid who has read too much bad 50Shades-style fake BDSM and thinks it's how love works. But either way, what you're saying is poison. Most abusers are not moustache-twirling villains -you're right about this much- but they are no less dangerous for that. They still need to be alone, and their victims still need to be out from under their thumbs.
>>
>>17597937
Narcissist that probably wonders why hes/she's so depressed, detected. Its your fault, its always your fault. Think about someone else except yourself for a change
>>
>>17598090
>She will do nothing of the sort. He has had ample time to prove that he does not intend to die. How many failed attempts is it now, probably all using the same proven-ineffective method? This isn't suicide, it's theater.
Of course not. Hes probably holding back hoping she will stay. When person is about to commit suicide they hope they fail because part of them still wants to believe that they can be happy. Her leaving will take that last part and he will just spiral out of control.
>It's killing her, and she's got the right to get out of it.
If she cares about him, she wouldnt abandon a person in their worse our. No matter how she feels he feels worse. He she was at some kind of risk of something then Id agree. But shes not. Its her choosing to improve her situation at the cost of his life.
>it's not keeping him alive: it's keeping him enabled.
You mean enabling him to live I assume.
>Not after this many failef attempts.
You mean like two. As I said before, suicidal people dont completely abandon all hope until everyone abandons them. Its the fact that they still have something to hold on to that they half ass it.

>They still need to be alone
Leave the suicidal person alone. Why did I never think about that. Much better and less poisonous than my idea of helping a person in need.
>>
>>17598113
Ive never been depressed in my life. Or at least to my knowledge. But I do agree that something needs to change. But its extremely hard for a depressed person to change themselves.
>>
>>17598126

Toxic bullshit. He's forcing her to be with him despite her will to leave. That's basically weaponless hostage-taking. It's immoral.

Leaving someone threatening to kill himself is not immoral. It's the right thing to do. Cut all contact and don't look back.
>>
>>17598143
>That's basically weaponless hostage-taking. It's immoral.
I have a very Kantian stance on things like this. In the face of death nothing you do to prevent it can be deemed immoral.

If she doesnt care about him, leave. If she cares if he dies or not, dont leave.
>>
>>17596736
Hi. Uhm... I'm not really sure where to start. Why don't you find help elsewhere? Talk with his parents. Call a therapist?

Don't let yourself break because of him. You will break. At some point. If you stay with him.

Hope you're good.

x
>>
>>17598149
>I have a very Kantian stance on things like this. In the face of death nothing you do to prevent it can be deemed immoral.
That's not Kant, it's Nietzsche. And it's not even accurate Nietzsche; it's bad 1990s goth-wannabe Nietzsche.
>>
>>17598164
No its kant. Where he goes into details on voluntary vs involuntary actions. Glad to see you dont know philosophy though.
>>
>>17598149

And do what? Remain chained to him for the rest of her life? Live with the thought of a man's life depending on her "care"?
>>
>>17596736
the longer you continue this cycle the closer he will actually come to killing himself

as he succeeded in stopping you leaving by threatening self harm, he will keep doing it

the more he does it, the further and further he will go towards this; as he tries a "more of the same" approach to fixing his relationship issues

I've seen it first hand twice

the first time the guy was a serial manipulator, and kept trying to guilt the girl into staying with him
when she finally left for good, this guy suddenly got much better
then he found a new girl, and tried the same thing

the second time I saw this the guy was genuinely depressed, but he learned to live without the girl
the longer she was with him, the longer she stayed the harder she made it for him

convince yourself you are doing it for the best of reasons, leave, don't come back
don't be "just friends", ignore his texts, don't elongate his suffering
>>
>>17597182
Follow the advice OP. Leave him forbboth you and him. Its hard, the best things always are but you got to.
>>
>>17598170
alternative is to kill him. At what point to do decide to kill them
>>
>>17598126
>Hes probably holding back hoping she will stay.
Yes, exactly. And this is inexcusable. It is flat-out emotional abuse of the worst sort.

>Her leaving will take that last part and he will just spiral out of control.
This could happen, but it is not her problem. He has no right to drag her down with him.

>If she cares about him, she wouldnt abandon a person in their worse our.
If she cares about him, he will see that he gets the help he needs. Help that she cannot provide.

Indeed, help that she is, in a sense, outright hindering. She doesn't mean to do it, of course, and should not be blamed -she has done nothing wrong- but she is a part of this abusive pattern, and that pattern has to be broken if he is ever going to make the change he needs. As the victim, her only contribution to the pattern is being there, but this also means she has only one way to break the pattern: not being there. In other words, leaving is part of the help that he needs to get.

Not the only part, of course. If he threatens to kill himself, she should call the police and tell them he threatened suicide. An encounter with some mental health professionals is clearly also needed to help him start on actually getting the help he needs, and sad though it is, it sounds like that encounter will have to be involuntary.

But she still needs to leave. Even if that means leaving him in the hands of nice men in white coats for a little while.

>No matter how she feels he feels worse.
Irrelevant. She is still hurting to a degree that it is inexcusable to inflict.
>>
>>17598232
(continued)

>He she was at some kind of risk of something then Id agree. But shes not.
You don't really believe this, do you? The tool this has already taken on her mental health is plain for all to see. Keep this up, and she's at risk of something not so different from what he has.

>Its her choosing to improve her situation at the cost of his life.
He will not die. He has proven this many times.

>You mean enabling him to live I assume.
Enabling him to not change: to prop up his self-esteem by abusing her, rather than build a new model that he can hold up by himself.

>Leave the suicidal person alone. Why did I never think about that. Much better and less poisonous than my idea of helping a person in need.
I meant "alone" in the sense of "not in a tomantic relationship". Perhaps "single" would have been a better term. But I reiterate: she is not obligated to set herself on fire just to keep him warm.
>>
>>17598232
> this is inexcusable
aka trying not to die is inexcusable. Glad to see I can disregard your entire post. But lets keep going for fun.
>This could happen, but it is not her problem
Im sure you dont care about anyone enough to not kill them. But I doubt OP is a heartless monster like you.

>Help that she cannot provide.
Id say helping him not commit suicide is some pretty big help. But then again you dont think it matters if he lives or dies.

>As the victim
Yes, because Im sure she has it worse than the suicidal depressed person. Oh poor her. She has to be around someone who is in such a bad place they are trying to kill themselves to get out. What ever will she do. She is clearly the one suffering here.

>But she still needs to leave. Even if that means leaving him in the hands of nice men in white coats for a little while.
You so easily abandon people. I cant imagine youve ever cared for someone.

>Irrelevant. She is still hurting to a degree that it is inexcusable to inflict.
Holy shit this is some sheep tier philosophical perspective. I geniunely feel bad for you now. Clearly you dont have anything of value to say because you cant even comprehend that a person at risk of dying has every right to procure a means of survival. Man he sure is shitty for trying to live. Its really pathetic.

>You don't really believe this, do you?
Why would I lie.

>He will not die. He has proven this many times.
Only takes 1. Glad to see you think hes immortal though. Why dont we change the test and make him feel even worse by abandoning him. Im sure we'll get the same results if we do something different. Kek.

>Enabling him to not change
Not all change is good. Unless you consider killing him a good change.

>she is not obligated to set herself on fire just to keep him warm.
Anyone who actually cares for someone feels obligated to them. The fact that you cant understand this says a lot about you.
>>
File: almost read.jpg (3KB, 125x93px) Image search: [Google]
almost read.jpg
3KB, 125x93px
>>17598232
>>17598238
>>17598278
>>
>>17598278
>Anyone who actually cares for someone feels obligated to them

But she wants to break up with him so it's likely she doesnt actually care as much as you probably think.
>>
>>17598285
The fact that she hasnt left makes me think she does.
>>
>>17598285
>>17598295
trying to proove how much you care by being a maytyr is a road to ruin

relationships should be constructive and forward focused, OP should do what is best for herself, and to an extent her partner
>>
>>17598295
The fact that she hasnt only makes me think that she doesnt want people to think she indirectly killed him or have anything to do with a suicide, which isn't necessarily caring for someone else, but caring for herself not to have to get into an even shittier situation.

If there was love we wouldn't be facing a breakup.
>>
>>17596736
There are people, that can cope with such a difficult situation and some who don't. You realized how hard is it to make a decision, but if you make one be aware that you should base it on your own feelings and not what others might see in you after that. Love is not easy and of course it's juat being lovey dovey and having sex. Going through hard times is also a part of it and if you decide for him you will be happy by just seeing his efforts. Just don't think you might kill him. It's not your mistake, not even his.
>>
Just let him kill himself. It's the best for everybody involved.
>>
>>17598298
>OP should do what is best for herself, and to an extent her partner
Whew. Glad Im not involved with you. Be sure to tell everyone you date that you dont actually care about what happens to them.
>>17598298
>maytyr
If find using that word when someone else is actually at a risk of dying to show how little you take suicide to be
>>
>>17596736

ur a fucking hoe..u cant stick by your man when he most needs you..you deserve nobody
>>
Ok here's what I think you should do.

Break up with him now or in the next hour if possible. And then call the National Suicide Prevention Hotline. Calmly tell them you're not considering suicide but explain that your boyfriend is threatening suicide after you guys broke up and ask them what you should do next to do deal with this.

They will calmly tell you what to do and then you do that, whatever it is.

This is better than just cold calling the police because you'll have some people who deal with suicide everyday talking you through what to do and giving you confidence and reassurance in your decisions. They will guide you through this.

You can do this. You need to do this. You don't want to be his girlfriend anymore. If you want to break up then that needs to happen. This relationship is a dead end for your romantic future and you owe it to yourself to break up with him so you can get back to being single so you can start looking for the guy you'll really end up marrying. As long as with you're with this guy, you'll never find the real guy you'll end up marrying. It has to end.
>>
>>17598278
Making someone your only reason to live and constantly reminding them of that can fuck them up hardcore. That kind of pressure can crack even the most supportive and understanding people. You're constantly walking on eggshells because you're terrified something you do or say is gonna set this person off. It's like living with a time bomb, you're constantly on edge. If you're at a point in your life where the only way you can live is if someone else likes you, I think you have a moral obligation to sort yourself out, for both the sake of you and your significant other, because there's no way something like that is not gonna implode.
>>
File: 1461753478761.gif (126KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
1461753478761.gif
126KB, 720x480px
>>17598335
>definition of an abusive relationship
>says she's in the wrong even though she's the one being emotionally abused
Fuck off, you're probably the same as the turd trying to abuse her
>>
>>17598346
Yes, people with depression just need to get over it. That easy.
>>
File: 1461060379391.png (103KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1461060379391.png
103KB, 480x480px
>>17596736
We don't have all of the info but it sounds like he's just trying to control you OP.

You're not wrong in breaking up with him, it's the textbook definition of an abusive relationship. I suggest you let him down easy and then cut contact, if he was serious and was going to do something this rash, he would've done it already whether you're with him or not
>>
You all realise this is a troll thread right?
>>
>>17598352
No, obviously you're gonna need outside help to get over depression. But just because you're depressed doesn't give you free range to use people as emotional crutches and completely disregard their health and well-being. See professional help, try to increase your support network so one person leaving your life doesn't totally ruin you, make a concentrated effort to try and escape it. It's not gonna be easy but you gotta do it. I understand that it comes from a place of desperation but telling someone "If you leave me I'll kill myself" is just not something I'd ever be able to justify. Maybe it's a bit of bias from my personality, because I hate burdening people, but I just could never imagine doing that to someone.
>>
>>17598366
I do and yet I'm not trolling you.
>>
>>17596736
>>what are some ways I can break up with him while ensuring he won't kill himself?

That is the false dilemma he has trapped you in, OP.
The answer is that you can't ensure anything when it comes to the behavior of an insane person. And the quicker you come to terms with his being insane, the better it will be for you. You can not control his behavior, you can not control what is going on in his mind, so you can not be blamed for it, nor for what it does to him.

That doesn't mean you won't be sad, of course. But you can not allow his insanity to cause you to think irrationally as well. You must get out of that relationship and let nature take its course. Otherwise it will almost certainly end in your death as well as his.
>>
Why did you break with him anyway? First you want to be his girlfriend but later you change your mind and throw him away like trash. You are bitch. You should kill yourself, not him.
>>
>>17598113
Are you actually fucking retarded?
>>
>>17598391
refer to >>17598349
>>
>>17598278
>aka trying not to die is inexcusable
No, only this method. There are others. OP's boyfriend, in all likelihood, knows damn well what he needs to do, or at least how to find out what he needs to do, and he knows that it does not involve his death. He just needs a push in that direction.

>Im sure you dont care about anyone enough to not kill them.
She will not kill him. Even if he kills himself -which he will not- she would be blameless.

>Id say helping him not commit suicide is some pretty big help.
But she isn't helping him not "commit suicide". He keeps "trying". He's trapped in this cycle, just like her, and one of them has to break it, and it's not going to be him.

>Yes, because Im sure she has it worse than the suicidal depressed person.
There comes a point when it stops being useful to compare people's pain. This line is behind us.

>You so easily abandon people.
You think this is easy? Of course it's not easy. If anything, this is the harder path: to acknowledge when you've done what you can, and leave the situation in the hands of more capable people.

>Holy shit this is some sheep tier philosophical perspective.
Says the guy who kant even identify pseudo-Nietzschean claptrap.

>you cant even comprehend that a person at risk of dying has every right to procure a means of survival.
Every right to procure a legitimate means of survival. An abuse victim is not legitimate. He needs a doctor, not a girlfriend.

>Man he sure is shitty for trying to live.
He isn't merely trying to live He's trying not to change something that needs to change.

>Glad to see you think hes immortal though.
I don't think he's immortal. I think he has no intention of dying.

>Anyone who actually cares for someone feels obligated to them.
Indeed, but any sane person who actually cares for someone reconizes that there are limits. Beyond that, it's not caring; it's something darker.

>The fact that you cant understand this says a lot about you.
Right back atcha, senpai.
>>
>>17598426
>No, only this method.
Judging a person for trying to live. Kek. Post is trash probably but lets see where this goes.
>Says the guy who kant even identify pseudo-Nietzschean claptrap.
Nevermind. You dont have a basics on any philosophical arguments so its pointless. Its so embarrassing. Nietzsche comes after Kant. Its Kants idea. Have fun abandoning people in need. Only hope is that people they see you for who you are ahead of time.
>>
>>17596736
lmao OP tbqh you sound like a piece of shit. You don't care about that guy you just don't want to look like you have blood on your hands
>>
>>17598441
>caring about a suicidal SO
LOL
>>
>>17596746
This. Dont let him hold you hostage like that OP.
>>
>>17598352
>Yes, people with depression just need to get over it. That easy.
Not that easy when you have depression. Indeed, the fact that you can't "just get over it" is literally what MAKES it depression. I understand this only too well, having been diagnosed myself.

But even though the healing process is not a simple choice, it does start with one. Depression is a diverse family of conditions, and different forms have to be treated in different ways, but one of the few common threads is that they all require you do have to take an active role in your own healing process. Nothing works until you do, and if you stop (which is easy, because the path to healing is fraught with discouragement), the whole process derails.

OP's boyfriend seems to be expecting his girlfriend to somehow fix him. But this isn't working. Indeed, it cannot work, because she is not in his head. She cannot gove him what ne needs. No girlfriend can. He needs to accept this, and get actual help from an actual professional. They are not in his head either, of course, but they can do a better job of giving him the tools.
>>
>>17598448
Then what is even the point of this thread. OP is a piece of shit who's gonna get her bf who she never cared about killed rip
>>
>>17598458
No OP is a genius and is breaking off with the retard.
>>
>>17598461guy sounds pretty smart idk what ur on
>>
>>17596736
So did you even try to help your boyfriend with his depression or did you just go "lol bye" and try to dump him
>>
>>17598435
>Judging a person for trying to live.
Judging a person for choosing this method.

>Says the guy who kant even identify pseudo-Nietzschean claptrap.
>Nevermind. You dont have a basics on any philosophical arguments so its pointless. Its so embarrassing. Nietzsche comes after Kant. Its Kants idea.
Could you point me at something in Kant's work that suggests this? Because not only am I having trouble finding this, I'm havong a lot of trouble squaring it with the Categorical Imperative. It would prove to be a major inconsistency, of the sort Kant himself would have disapproved of.

>Have fun abandoning people in need.
If the best thing I can do for them is to go away, then I have not abandoned anyone. Leaving (while ensuring that he gets capable help) is the best thing OP can do for her bf. It is not abandonment; it is breaking this poisonous cycle that is killing them both.
>>
>>17598491
>Judging a person for choosing this method.
lol just sad. Cant even comprehend a persons involuntary desire to live.
> It would prove to be a major inconsistency, of the sort Kant himself would have disapproved of.
Thats only because you dont have any idea of what kant argues. His specifically talks about involuntary actions vs voluntary actions and says in the face of death your actions are not voluntary. It goes both ways. You actions are neither something to take pride in or something to be accountable for. Because it wasnt your choice.
>>
>>17596736
Oohohohohohooo... so the little prick thinks he can use suicide as a guilt trip ? How hilarious.

Listen here, I am an actual suicidal guy here. But I must tell you, I'm humble and ready to sacrifice myself for the betterment of others. I'm not one of those destructive idiots who goes allaah mah goat akbar.

So let's test your little faggot if he has the balls and maturity to do it.
Here's a list of what your bf could do before he kills himself:
-Life insurance and a testament where he leaves the money to you.
-Force him to do the hardest possible things to help you(go to college, go to a risky job which pays a lot, make a bank loan and give the money to you anonymously.
Make him cut his balls off.
Make him act as your slave.

Sorry if I sound extremely humorous and shallow. It's just my way of being.
I'm very serious when it comes to assholes pretending to suicide, when I would literally get on the floor and suck 10 cocks just so somebody could give me a cyanide pill to off myself. I hate living. And I hate my bipolar jokester personality.
>>
>>17598508
>lol just sad. Cant even comprehend a persons involuntary desire to live.
Oh, I understand it all right. We cannot control the desire to live. We can, however, choose how we react to it.

>Thats only because you dont have any idea of what kant argues.
I believe this is the point where we degenerate into shouting "NO U" back and forth.

>His specifically talks about involuntary actions vs voluntary actions and says in the face of death your actions are not voluntary.
There is still the question of whether or not OP's boyfriend is actually facing death. I don't believe he is. Very, very few of the people who say "I'll kill myself if you leave" actually are. They face nothing worse than a bruised ego and the loss of a victim.

>Because it wasnt your choice
We choose how we react. There are other options, if the goal is to live. Better options: ones that allow for actual LIFE, not merely survival. He knows what these options are. That he continues to put on these dangerous bits of theater, despite that, stands as evidence that survival is not the goal.
>>
>>17598555
Well youve shown that you dont know what his arguments are. So I dont mind.
>We can, however, choose how we react to it.
If you think you can judge a person for trying to live I really have nothing more to say. My opinion of you is too little for that.
>>
File: 0208161155.jpg (914KB, 2048x1350px) Image search: [Google]
0208161155.jpg
914KB, 2048x1350px
>>17598366
This is how people troll /adv/? Seriously, asking this question is a thing here?

I don't frequent this board as much as others, but OPs predicament is a real thing that happens in abusive relationships.
>>
>>17598691
>OPs predicament is a real thing that happens in abusive relationships.
Yes, thats exactly why people come here. You pretend to have a real problem, but you exaggerate your issues and show unreasonable emotional responses. Then the game of trolls vs white knights begin. Like this thread. Whiteknights saying ignore the guy with suicidal issues and think about yourself. Then the people who actually know whats going on but hate the white knights for white knighting and ignoring core issues so a made up person feels better.
>>
>>17598570
>Well youve shown that you dont know what his arguments are. So I dont mind.
Could you point me at some passages in Kant's works that allude to the things you're talking about? Because I'm really not seeing how one gets this out of Kant.

>you think you can judge a person for trying to live I really have nothing more to say. My opinion of you is too little for that.
I am not judging anyone for trying to live. In particular, I cannot possibly judge OP's boyfriend for trying to live, because I do not believe that he IS "trying to live", at least not within this context. I believe OP when she says that he's depressed, and even that he experiences suicidal ideation from time to time. I just don't believe that those have anything to do with his antics surrounding her leaving. Those are just theater, designed to get his toy back when it is taken away from him.

You're the one judging somebody for trying to live: namely, her. Except that you're only judging her, and not him. Kant was a big believer in the idea that the only valid moral axioms were those which could be applied universally, but you are not applying your axioms universally. That's not very Kantian of you.

>>17598691
>I don't frequent this board as much as others, but OPs predicament is a real thing that happens in abusive relationships.
Which is why I play it straight. Even if OP isn't real, these things do happen to people sometimes, and some of them may find this thread. It wouldn't do for them to get nothing but bad advice from it.

>>17598708
>Whiteknights saying ignore the guy with suicidal issues and think about yourself.
I've got no need to whiteknight, thank you very much. I have given this very advice many times, to men escaping women as well as to women escaping men. The principle is simple, and I reiterate it: you cannot reasonably be expected to light yourself on fire just to keep your partner warm.
>>
>>17596736
he wont do it, just ghost/block him. maybe call him a faggot for acting this way
>>
>>17598708
I never understood this line of logic. Why is it that everyone on 4chan has to break things down into "us" and "them".

There is no A vs B, here. There's no sides to take. There is a dude who is threatening to kill himself if he doesn't get what he wants. What he wants happens to be another person. This person has a right to her own happiness, and cannot (and should not) be held responsible for someone else's, ESPECIALLY when they are directly contradictory to one another.

The only thing that you truly can call your own is your life. If you decide to take it, that's on you. Sure, you can blame your girlfriend or your parents or whatever, but at the end of the day, it's YOU'RE life that YOU chose to take. I'm sympathetic towards people who are suicidal, but I don't sit there and blow smoke up their ass, either.
>>
>>17599418
>YOU'RE
Jesus Christ, excuse me. Your*
Thread posts: 78
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.