[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

No matter where I put my hibiscus plant, it keeps getting worse

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: sadplant.jpg (123KB, 528x960px) Image search: [Google]
sadplant.jpg
123KB, 528x960px
No matter where I put my hibiscus plant, it keeps getting worse and worse. I read they needed full sun, so I put it in a windowsill, it lost its flowers, I put it in a slightly darker windowsill, it lost two of its leaves and the ends of the other leaves shriveled. I'ts been holding on for about 2 years now looking the same, the remaining peices of leaves a dark green, and it has not grown any. The flower stalks have completely died also. In a last effort to save my poor plant, I put it into a room with slightly more sun a week ago and now the remaining leaves are turning yellow and wilting. I re-potted it today with new dirt in a last ditch effort, but I'm so upset. What can I do to save this poor little plant???? P.S. I cant put it outside, I live in Oklahoma where its mostly either too hot or two cold for hibiscuses, and the last time I tried to put it outside, it wilted and yellowed really badly.
>>
I meant orchid plant
>>
>>17596357
Idk a thing about plants but this thread is funny to me for some reason so I'll bump it
>>
Did you seriously use dirt or an actual orchid specific mix? Miracle gro has a bag of pre mixed orchid medium that will do but it's best to mix your own. That said, use the pre mix. Also get some fertilizer sticks that are orchid specific or liquid. There's also some other miracle gro product that you spray on the leaves. Be wary of that. You'll need to pick up a led grow light from amazon 15-20$, get a desk lamp and have the light shining on the leaves for 15 hours. The medium/soil should be moist too but not wet
>>
How often are you watering it? I water mine every other week, about 8? ounces and it seems happy with that.
>>
>>>/an/
>>
>>17597355
generally under the faucet until water runs through the bottom. let it drip with a little shake so you don't accumulate water wherever you keep it. can water it in place too but use some sense. important is to keep it moist as it is naturally growing in the tropics where it rains/mists/humid often. obviously don't drown it out either. once a week is fine depending on how hot it is in the apartment, if it's close to heat, evaporation via a hot window whatever
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.